The East Indies

I just downloaded the version 2.11, and I came across a bug. The Europe and Revolution buttons don't seem to work. Even the F2 and F3 functions, respectively, don't work for those.

If you're going to expand this mod to the entire Asian Colonization period, perhaps a new subforum would be in order in the future? Mare Nostrum has one, and it's pretty much the same thing (Colonization in different time period).

Found the same thing as Master_Akura. Note that no European Water feature exists (on a Hemispherical Islands map), nor does the "Sail to Europe" button appear on the unit control panel (this is probably because the sailing to Europe command is impossible with no sailing-to-Europe area, and thus the game doesn't even show the button.) Thus, I assumed it was a feature. Is it a bug?

I think it's a really good idea. But I'm not really sure if I am able to do it :crazyeye: I'm still a bit of a noob in that kind of modding. And every country should be able to do it.

There is an easier way to do it, but then the unit won't be civ-specific and you'll have to send a colonist to a native city...

It could just be like sending a colonist to a native camp and training them, and you get a veteran (In this case a Gurkha) soldier. The bonuses should be Ranger I + II, to give them a territorial advantage. Or it could be the alternative to a veteran soldier for a converted native.

Not every country can have this bonus, as long as you want to be historically accurate. The Gurkhas could be the English colonial unique unit, and the redcoat could be the King/Queens. Although this is hard to incorporate into all the colonies, it can be done.

The Danish colonies could have a beefed up Privateer (+1 strength and cargo space) due to their piracy affiliations.

Just some food for thought.

By the way, Ove Gjedde wasn't really a Danish leader as much as an explorer, A good explorer founding father though. May I recommend Peter von Scholten. He built schoolhouses for overburdened slaves, so I would give him this trait:

Liberal: Free Schoolhouse in all settlements

Hadn't seen there was already a second page in this forum :p Version 2.12 will be up soon, I played it and seems to work fine, the Europe and Revolution screen are accesible. There are still some flaws though (one missing button, city names, etc.). I'm going on holiday tomorrow so don't expect any further changes the coming weeks. :)

It could just be like sending a colonist to a native camp and training them, and you get a veteran (In this case a Gurkha) soldier. The bonuses should be Ranger I + II, to give them a territorial advantage. Or it could be the alternative to a veteran soldier for a converted native.

Not every country can have this bonus, as long as you want to be historically accurate. The Gurkhas could be the English colonial unique unit, and the redcoat could be the King/Queens. Although this is hard to incorporate into all the colonies, it can be done.

The Danish colonies could have a beefed up Privateer (+1 strength and cargo space) due to their piracy affiliations.

Just some food for thought.

By the way, Ove Gjedde wasn't really a Danish leader as much as an explorer, A good explorer founding father though. May I recommend Peter von Scholten. He built schoolhouses for overburdened slaves, so I would give him this trait:

Liberal: Free Schoolhouse in all settlements

I will look into it when I get back :cool:
I thought I had read that Ove Gjedde was the founder of Trankebar, which was the main colony of denmark. About peter von scholten, he was governor-general of the west indies, which is in the caribbean area. ;) Danish East Indies were in India

I will look into it when I get back :cool:
I thought I had read that Ove Gjedde was the founder of Trankebar, which was the main colony of denmark. About peter von scholten, he was governor-general of the west indies, which is in the caribbean area. ;) Danish East Indies were in India

Just a suggestion. Good 'ole Ove did find Trankebar. But he was like a Danish Vasco da Gama.

Danish? I guess you just misprinted.

Vasco da Gama was a Portuguese explorer, one of the most successful in the European Age of Discovery and the commander of the first ships to sail directly from Europe to India.

Details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasco_da_Gama

Lol, I said he was like a Danish Vasco da Gama (i.e. Ove Gjedde was to Denmark what Vasco da Gama was to Portugal)

An opium resource would be good. Though it should have its penalties (e.g. if you store opium in a city, you get -1 hammers, yields, crosses etc.)

There was a wrong link in this forum, it's correct now :) I'll do the Opium after the holiday. What about Papaver as raw recource and then Opium as refined resource? Does anyone know if there's Opium in Rise of Mankind, because I could then use those graphics. :)

Idk. Opium should be:

- Rare/Uncommon
- Low Yield
- High cost
- Work penalties for havign it in the city.

There was a wrong link in this forum, it's correct now :) I'll do the Opium after the holiday. What about Papaver as raw recource and then Opium as refined resource? Does anyone know if there's Opium in Rise of Mankind, because I could then use those graphics. :)

World Of Civilization 1.20 has an Opium resource...

Top Bottom