The East Indies

I noticed your message in the Continents.py download page, so I did some investigating.

The problem is that python files (at least, as used by Civ IV) cannot have a space in their name. That's why Firaxis puts "_" in their mapscript names instead of spaces (A_New_World, not A New World), and why I tend to just get rid of the spaces entirely (NorthAfrica, not North Africa, or WildWest, not Wild West).

Both Hemispherical Islands and A New World in your Public Maps folder do not have spaces, and therefore, whenever I go into the Play Now or Custom Game menus I get a string of python exceptions.

Inserting "_" or getting rid of the spaces entirely fixed the issue for me, and all maps showed up properly.

Great work. I've only played it once, but I like it. I did notice that it runs a little slower than vanilla (and AoDII) and it eventually crashed on me. I don't don't know why, but if it continues to happen I'll try to pay closer attention.

Update: The crashing seems to only happen on the huge East Indies map. I'm playing the mod on the East Asia map with no problems right now. Does anyone else have trouble on the huge East Indies map?

I think putting the files in the stated folders should work, you do have to copy the maps over the existing ones:

Step 1: Paste 'CIV4CivilizationInfos.XML in MODS/The East Indies 2.15/Assets/XML/Civilizations/
Step 2: Paste the 3 maps in 'Extraciv's' in MODS/The East Indies 2.15/Assets/Modules/Custom Civilizations/

Never paste anything in the Program files of Civilization, if that's wat you're asking, always in the mod's folder.

CivLucas,
I got an error similar to the one you gave out this solution. I'd like to try this fix but I don't understand which CIV4CivilizationInfos.XML I have to paste and which 3 maps I have to paste too. It seems clear that I have to paste inside the East Indies folder.
I have this doubt because with 2.17 there's already a CIV4CivilizationInfos.XML file inside that folder.
thank you for any help.

Sorry, I guess I didn't put it very clear. But the 2.15.b update is already in 2.17 so you don't have to paste a thing :) It's just like any other mod.

Well, but I got these error messages about new civs. You said that it is suffucuent to put the folder or into My Games or in the folder's game, isn't it ?
But it's not starting anyway.
No way of helping me ?

Now it is inside 2K Games/Firaxis/Sid Meier...Colonization/MODS.
I tried to put it into Documents/My Games/Sid Meier.../MODS but it's not working anyway.
One thing: I have the Age of discovery II mod inside My Games and this one is working instead !

Very well,
I updated the game and it's working BUT East Indies starts but I cannot see the names of most of the leaders when I select my side.
What do I do ?

If you don't put anything in there that you want to keep, i'd delete all the files there. (Don't know if you can just delete all the folders)

Hi, I really like the concept of this mod and started playing it today.
However the first time the game crashed when I was doing a normal move on the mainland (no tribal villages or attacks, Danish scout). Didn't think much of it and restarted.

Second time I played with the mongols (or something like that) and I noticed that the first three or so times I entered the Europe screen everything was fine. After that however the bottom trade bar and the three immigrant reruits were missing. I could sell resources from the ship and I could buy normal full price immigrants though. This worked for a few times until I tried buying an elder statesman. It didn't show up on the docks but I did see a load unit button on the ship. I tried loading and it crashed.

Using Vista. When stability increases I'll try this mod again. Great work!

i've been having problems like that too, maybe I put it up a bit too hastily ;) I really don't know what causes all this trouble. I only added new units and flags...

I'll upload 2.16 one of these days which doesn't include the ships and can be played.

i've been having problems like that too, maybe I put it up a bit too hastily ;) I really don't know what causes all this trouble. I only added new units and flags...

I'll upload 2.16 one of these days which doesn't include the ships and can be played.

Please do upload 2.16. I just got the game a few days ago on
ebay and loaded your 2.17 and started playing. I was having
fun. The first few turns the Europe screen had no exit button.
After the king started taxing me the exit button showed up.
A couple of turns later I think I purchased a vet soldier, made
him dragoon, and then noticed the goods bar and the folks on
the dock gone forever it seems.

Top Bottom