Two questions: hitpoints and wormholes

Flamand

The Visible Elder!
Can anyone tell me how to give a specific unit type more hit points? (e.g. give a regular spearman 5 hitpoints in stead of 3). Quite a lot of mods use it, but I can't find the setting in the editor.

I'm also wondering if it is possible to create some kind of 'wormhole' in C3C, to send a ship from one side of the map to another between fixed points without theuse of airports. I need it for the Star Trek mod.

Just look around in the editor about "hitpoint bonus"es, you should see it if you look hard enough!

Wormhole... probably not gonna happen. Unless you try and get tricksy and make railroad into artifical wormholes.

Thanks! Found the HP's... Now if only I can find some way to make the wormhole. Rails are no option, I'm afraid since we use oceans and sea for space and the spaceships are ships.

Wormholes... well I see several possibilities :
1. airbases and unit's re-base option, but I assume you want it to work for naval units and not air ones... so not a good one.
2. telepad/teleport, with an immobile capturable unit as telepad. The matter is that AI can't use them.
3. Mr Do's proposal, with invisible railroad on sea/space tiles (you can put RR on naval tiles, but I can't tell if naval units get the move bonus) linking your wormholes. Problem is that units could leave your RR between the wormholes unless you put impassable terrain on each sides of it. If your map looks like a galaxy and that therefore planets are on the middle of it, you could use it and place your wormholes in the periphery (remind to prevent traffic jam by create quite large RRs).

Maybe there are other things, but I can't tell what else would work.

ArneoKerdarun said:
Mr Do's proposal, with invisible railroad on sea/space tiles (you can put RR on naval tiles, but I can't tell if naval units get the move bonus) linking your wormholes. Problem is that units could leave your RR between the wormholes unless you put impassable terrain on each sides of it. If your map looks like a galaxy and that therefore planets are on the middle of it, you could use it and place your wormholes in the periphery (remind to prevent traffic jam by create quite large RRs).
Thanks... do you know how to put railroads on ocean? I was trying to find that, but so far no succes...
I tried airfield, but that gives the problem that they need to be assigned to a civ and get destroyed upon capture.

In the editor, under the terrain tab, on the right of the terrain's base production/food/commerce is the increase produced by various improvements. The bottom one, road, if set to 0 doesn't allow roads/rails to be made on that particular type of terrain. Ocean, sea, and coast are set to 0 by default. It works the same with mines and irrigation, just so you know.

Another way of making wormholes and not having them destroyed by the AI is to use the LM Sea terrain. Make the movement cost 0 and any unit that crosses it can travel unlimited as if it was on a railroad.

OK, with your suggestions I have railroads on ocean tiles. Thanks for the suggestions...! :)

Top Bottom