Complete list of easter eggs in Civ3

Turner_727 said:
I'm pretty sure the carrot remark was made to Mitch. Not that it matters. Good movie....

Hmmm...need to go put one of the lines in that movie into my sig now....

Yep you're right; it's Mitch not Val Kilmer's character. The full quote is "Mitch, there's something you need to know. Compared to you, most people have the IQ of a carrot." I haven't seen the movie in awhile and I forgot to whom he was speaking... Plenty of great quotes in that movie.

It's been a while since I played for that long, but I believe that if you cycle through the Japanese city names twice, you get to Tokyo III (the name of the city from the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion), instead of the default name.

Also, to add to your info - Neo-Tokyo is from the anime Akira. The song Istanbul (not Constantinople) dates back to (I believe) 1953, and was made famous by the Four Lads - it was their first gold record hit. The words were by Jimmy Kennedy and the music was by Nat Simon.

I am the Future said:
Tokyo 3 or Tokyo III
cause the defult on the third time round is "City Name" 3

I seem to recall it was Tokyo III, since I noticed that it was different from the rest. That was a while ago, though, and I've lost my civ3 disk since then, so I can't go back and check.

i dont know if this really counts, but i think 1nce i was talkin 2 carthage, n hannibal said something like
"contrary to propaganda spread by my enemies, i am not a cannibal. you can come closer."
i need 2 check it, it happened a while ago. it was very funny tho.

hagger said:
i dont know if this really counts, but i think 1nce i was talkin 2 carthage, n hannibal said something like
"contrary to propaganda spread by my enemies, i am not a cannibal. you can come closer."
i need 2 check it, it happened a while ago. it was very funny tho.
I believe this was one of the SOTDs. :) It's a civ-specific diplomatic response like the berserk one.

Welcome to the forum, hagger. :)

about the psycodelic editor..if you keep pushing ~, it will continue to cahnge colors. You can get blue, green, yello, purple, etc. It cycles, too-YOu can change it back to the origional colors...

So, there truly is a ThunderFall and a Mike B Fireaxis. I've been posting here (not in ALL forums) for about 8 months, and it's the first time I've run into either of you. I'd begun to think you were both "urban legends". ;)

I see no leadergeneric.txt.

Thangorodrim said:
If you look in Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Text\leadergeneric.txt you will find that, among things such as "Sid Meier", there is a line that says "Beer"

Technically, this is a bug... not an easter egg. :crazyeye: There were a bunch of temporary text files that we forgot to remove so they ended up on the master cd. This is one of them. BTW, leadergeneric.txt is a list of the names of some of the people who worked at Firaxis at the time, used as placeholders for leader names. "Beer" refers to me.

Nate1976 said:
I see no leadergeneric.txt.
The excess text files were removed in subsequent pressings of the master cd (including GOTY, Gold, and Complete editions).

Any word on why The Mumbles is an English city?

ok. So yuor actually from Firaxis. Sweet.

Top Bottom