Complete list of easter eggs in Civ3

Andon said:
I've found an easter egg

- It's a city named 'Fraxis Games is a trademark of Fraxis Games, Rome'
Instead of a city number, it has the pic of the Iron rescource, and where it says what its building (Itf it's you'r own city) it says 'Iron'. It also doesn't have a control zone around it.

It's on a different comp, i'll go get a pic as soon as I can
This sounds more like a problem of mesed up text files to me. :)

I can't believe that nobody else found this one yet.....

One time I lost the game in Civ 3 Conquests, and one of the things that one of the mocking AI civ leaders said was, "We crushed you, saw you driven before us, and hear the lamentation of your people!" This is a direct quote that Arnold Schwarzznegger declared in the movie Conan the Barbarian

If you want to varify this, just open the "labels.txt" file and search for this line, and it will be right in among the other random AI victory screen quotes.

Hikaro Takayama said:
I can't believe that nobody else found this one yet.....

One time I lost the game in Civ 3 Conquests, and one of the things that one of the mocking AI civ leaders said was, "We crushed you, saw you driven before us, and hear the lamentation of your people!" This is a direct quote that Arnold Schwarzznegger declared in the movie Conan the Barbarian

If you want to varify this, just open the "labels.txt" file and search for this line, and it will be right in among the other random AI victory screen quotes.

I'm actually pretty sure that was a quote first said by Genghis Khan, about 1000 years before Arnold said it. I've seen it mentioned a couple of times.

Xarlak said:
I'm actually pretty sure that was a quote first said by Genghis Khan, about 1000 years before Arnold said it. I've seen it mentioned a couple of times.

It may have been said by Genghis Khan but this is indeed a direct quote from Conan the Barbarian courtesy of the programmer, Javier.

Dont know if this qualifies as an Easter Egg but when Gandi sues for peace he always says 'give peace a chance'. Also Im not sure but outside the window of Isabellas office it looks like a view of the twin towers. Love the site btw.

When China talks about paper tigers, it might have to do with Mao's quote "All reactionaries are paper tigers. In appearance, the reactionaries are terrifying, but in reality they are not so powerful. From a long-term point of view, it is not the reactionaries but the people who are really powerful."

I've found an easter egg (or not?): when I have lost by conquest early in AW Deity game, civ that destroyed me said this:

I don't want to do it :lol: :mischief:

I had just completed my 3rd game last week in Civ3 after buying the "Civ3 Complete" edition a few days prior, and at the end screen, where the various rulers you played against insult or praise you, I noticed that the background art seemed like a pretty weird design, with the smiling heads along the top, and then I remembered a painting I had seen, that looked a LOT like that.

In the mid-1950's the artist Jasper Johns did a series of paintings of large target shapes topped with plaster casts of his face or other body parts along the top in little compartments. I'm pretty certain that someone at Firaxis must be a fan of his and used Johns' "Target With Four Faces" from 1955 as inspiration for that screen in the game:

screen shot from civ3

Target With Four Faces

RegentMan said:
Nope, just an accidental showing of the message.
Really? Because I've seen the AI say it several times when I lose on Cheiftain.
Probably, Firaxis forgot to prevent the AI from saying it on Cheiftain difficulty.

Maybe this should go on the How to make your game more historically acurrate thread. Although it wouldn't make the game more historically accurate, it would make it less annoying when you lose on cheiftain. I always want to throw the computer out the window when the AI says that when I lose on cheiftain.

At the end of the conquests credits it will say the word: Yumbo! Weird huh?:scan:

then what does it mean?:confused:I looked it up and it wasnn't in the dictionary I tried at least three differant ones.

Top Bottom