Civilization 5 needs a change.

Should Civilization 5 have the aforementioned settings?

• Absolutely.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think so.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Probably not.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Certainly not.

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

MerchantCo

Merchant
Whenever I start a new game, I often have to restart several times before I get a suitable position. And then, once I get this suitable position, I often discover that I have no Iron or Horses, which cripples my military. I'm forced to spend too much time to get a good start.

Players should be able to choose:

(a). The tile their first city starts on, ie: hill, plain, desert, marsh.
(b). Whether their first city shall start on the coast.

Furthermore, iron and horse resources should always be placed near each civilization. However, their location shall only be revealed later (once the player researches a certain technology). I'm tired of constantly restarting and quitting games before I get a suitable start. It's not fun.

Below is a poll. I want to see what you think.

Fun is in the eye of the beholder, but IMO none of these changes are needed, since an important part of the game is to deal with your starting location.

If you insist on a fun/OP start, you can use the Really Advanced Setup mod, or keep using the Reload option on the main menu, or move your settler (on or off a hill, towards or away from a river or desert, or to or from the coast -- you may be moving away from an otherwise favorable collection of luxury, bonus and strategic resources, but you have that option).

If you want iron and horses nearby, select Strategic Balance, rather than Random resources, on the Advanced Setup Options screen.

Existing start bias coded into the game for each civ already drives coast vs. non-coast starts, but if you are playing a civ without a coastal bias, just Disable Start Bias on the Advanced Setup Options screen.

Top Bottom