End of Empires - N3S III

To: The Ndeos Empire

We swear on all that is holy, on the Dream itself that the Kratoans ordered us to attack you. You were forcing the Twe into their lands and harming the Kratoans so we approached the Kratoans with an offer of stopping your attacks on the Twe one way or the other. They accepted. What do you think their expedition was for anyway? An army is not used to negoiate.

OOC: How did the Kratoan mob manage to burn down a manned fort? Also I see no real referance to the fact we gave them a choice between repenting their ways and stopping their attacks on the Twe?

It wasn't just a mob. I had sent actual soldiers to destroy the Order. Also, Hala isn't just a fort, it was a city filled with faithful followers of Iralliam. Once the mob started to form, it grew to humongous size and proceeded to burn down your headquarters. Yeah, sorry about that. But hey, atleast you won't be remembered as the bad guys.

Edit: also, how can you contact Ndeos? You're basically scattered, remember?

to: the Faron
We congratulate you on your victory over the Hu'ut.

To: Empire of the Trilui

We thank you, friends of the sea, and pray that the freed people of the Hu'ut will soon be ready to stand upon their own two feet soon.

To: The Mighty Satar, Princes of the Steppes

You have bested us in combat, and razed many cities dear to us. However, we wish to rebuild and move on without bloodshed. We are willy to sumbit to your will and become vassals of your mighty empire. As Oppios as our witness, we will accept your people into our lands, do your bidding, and pay to you tribute. We just ask for the chance to rebuild our once great cities. We will learn from our foolishness and perhaps become half as great as your people.

Unlike the First Redeemer, the Second will not attack a crippled beast. We have defeated Krato, just as our Taleldil has defeated your Oppios in the heavens. Our armies will trouble you no longer. Rebuild your cities as you wish.

However, our allies in the Algoli Exatai must be pleased as well. Our two Exatai will share your tribute.

Claiming the city states of Leun.

Welcome! If you have any questions about the nation or rules in general, let me know.

@all:

I'm posting these here for ease of perusal. Let me know if there seems to be a mistake. The stats are updated.

Casualties, Bonuses:

Casualties / War Results:
Acca: -500 militia
Union of Aya’se: -self
Ederru: -100 militia
Evyni Empire: -250 militia
Faron: -5,000 militia, -500 professionals, -20 ships
Gallat: -10 ships, -500 militia
Hu’ut: -self
Krato: -1,000 professionals, -3,000 militia, -25 elephants
Duchy of Liang: -250 militia
Nahari Empire: - 25 ships, -100 professionals
Exatai of the Satar: -1,000 steppe cavalry, -500 noble cavalry
Empire of the Trilui: -500 militia, -250 professionals, -25 elephants, +5,000 Kash’im (plunder)

Bonuses:
Ederru (1): +250 income.
Evyni Empire (2): +250 income, general success in reforms.
Faron (1): general success in war and the problems with freedmen and refugees haven’t surfaced yet.
Iralliam (2): +250 income, success in converting Moti, some progress (unmapped).
Krato (1): success in the east, nation held together.
Liang (1): +250 income.
Moti (2): +250 income, easier time redecorating the capital, easy time digesting the new conquests.
Opulensi (1): +250 income.
Palmyra (1): +250 income, resistance against religious intrusion.
Satar (1): luck in war in south.
Trilui (1): success in war and reform.

Neruss doesn’t seem to have any stats on front page? I know the nation has next to nothing but it is nice to know what I have to work with.

OOC: All Moti lands are familial property and so cannot legally be alienated.

IC:

To: High Prince Atraxes

My apologies, but I can not give you lands which are not mine to give, for all those lands belong either to my ancestors or to the ancestors of the other chiefs in our Great Family. Please, accept my gifts instead, including more crimson elephants and slaves skilled in caring after them.

Unlike the First Redeemer, the Second will not attack a crippled beast. We have defeated Krato, just as our Taleldil has defeated your Oppios in the heavens. Our armies will trouble you no longer. Rebuild your cities as you wish.

However, our allies in the Algoli Exatai must be pleased as well. Our two Exatai will share your tribute.

Oporia :) xcl

to: Faron
We would like to inquire about your post-war Hu'ut plans in the Had river valley. Will the Hu'ut become their own nation? We express concern about the status of the Trilui traders in the post-war river valley.

to: Caon, Nalix, Tadon
Greetings fledglings, are you similar to us, not in size and power but in that you are too a nation of the Lovi. Join our empire, your people will be prosperous and protected.

to: Opulensi
Your actions and alarming militarization concern us. You have already seized our trading partners in Dinyart. Why is this?

I sence a slight faint of hypocrisy in this message. Opulensi is sovereign nation just as much as Trilui is, yet you say we are not allowed to do what is neccessary to protect our nation, nor to field an army as mighty as you do? I assure you that we do not wish for war with Trilui nor your allies, only peace, but you must understand that your own "peacekeeping" operations are not making us any more confident about your own peaceful intentions.

I sence a slight faint of hypocrisy in this message. Opulensi is sovereign nation just as much as Trilui is, yet you say we are not allowed to do what is neccessary to protect our nation, nor to field an army as mighty as you do? I assure you that we do not wish for war with Trilui nor your allies, only peace, but you must understand that your own "peacekeeping" operations are not making us any more confident about your own peaceful intentions.

to: Opulensi
You had taken aggressive actions against one of my allies 50 years ago when we were tied up in the west. Now we demand an explanation as to why you attacked them.

Okay, somehow the wrong Bonus list got copied. Sorry for any confusion:

Casualties, Bonuses:

Casualties / War Results:
Acca: -500 militia
Union of Aya’se: -self
Ederru: -100 militia
Evyni Empire: -250 militia
Faron: -5,000 militia, -500 professionals, -20 ships
Gallat: -10 ships, -500 militia
Hu’ut: -self
Krato: -1,000 professionals, -3,000 militia, -25 elephants
Duchy of Liang: -250 militia
Nahari Empire: - 25 ships, -100 professionals
Order of the One: -75 professionals
Exatai of the Satar: -1,000 steppe cavalry, -500 noble cavalry, -25 elephants
Empire of the Trilui: -500 militia, -250 professionals

Bonuses:
Ederru (1): +250 income.
Evyni Empire (2): +400 income, general success in reforms.
Faron (1): general success in war and the problems with freedmen and refugees haven’t surfaced yet.
Iralliam (2): +250 income, success in converting Moti, some progress (unmapped).
Krato (1): success in the east, nation held together.
Liang (1): +250 income.
Moti (2): +250 income, easier time redecorating the capital, easy time digesting the new conquests.
Nahari Empire (2): good luck in wars and their exodus fostering, +250 income.
Opulensi (1): +250 income.
Palmyra (1): +250 income, resistance against religious intrusion.
Satar (1): luck in war in south.
Trilui (1): success in war and reform.

skizzik, sorry about that. Here are your stats:

Neruss - skizzik
Culture: Neruss, Average
Income: 750
Military: 1,000 militia (Upkeep: 200)
Manpower: 5,000
Description: The unusual city state, after having been nearly conquered by Hu’ut and absorbed into the Union of Aya’se, surfaces again, though sans most of its previous gains.

to: Caon, Nalix, Tadon
Greetings fledglings, are you similar to us, not in size and power but in that you are too a nation of the Lovi. Join our empire, your people will be prosperous and protected.

This is absurd. You have attacked our fellow Astrii states, broken your agreement not to expand here, and now you want us to join you? No, a thousand times no.

This is absurd. You have attacked our fellow Astrii states, broken your agreement not to expand here, and now you want us to join you? No, a thousand times no.

It was a misunderstanding on our part, the borders are not well defined. We will withdraw from your domain and restore the Astrii states we seized. Where do you define your domain?

to: Faron
We would like to inquire about your post-war Hu'ut plans in the Had river valley. Will the Hu'ut become their own nation? We express concern about the status of the Trilui traders in the post-war river valley.
Faron intends to establish an independent nation of Hu'ut freemen in the Hu'ut territories under Faronun control. We are currently in the process of making this once-impossible dream a reality.

@lord_joakim- Would you be interested in leading this new state?

This is an extremely small subset of the world, and the last climate map was posted prior to update 1, and update 1 included a large part of human history, which means it could have been any time since (hypothetical) glaciers melted. The change is in fact probably at about the scale (time and size) of the Sahara degreening, maybe less.

The fact is that there are good reasons for why the climate behaved this way, none of which I can reveal right now. I'm not going to tell you about the overall geographic structure or climatological history of the world. The entire point of this NES is that people don't know what's going on with the world: the update is not my view of things, it's the view of nations in the NES, who are fallible, ill-informed, and none too good with climatology.

I know the answer is unsatisfying, but trust me, I have actually done some research into this.

OoC: Heh, degreening is a much quicker process than greening, hence why northern forests are such diversity wastelands. As a point of interest, which way is the planet turning?

Top Bottom