General discussion thread

I notice that when you go with scout or warrior to goodyhunt there is no pop up what they give to you..there is no free tech(at least I didnt get any),free promotions are given to scout and you can upgrade him but there is no text in pop up...I dont know about gold given is that work..

The popup was disabled by RevDCM. It seemed to cause trouble in MP. But if it really caused a crash I could fix it. So the popup is already reenabled in 4.10. About the techs. I haven't done anything but I must confess that I also didn't get one. I'll check it.

Those events with animations will be cool,you have them in Thomas war mod..Itry to merge them with my mod but didnt managed..

I'll have a look at Thomas war mod. ;)

The only think that I "dont like" is to much nukes type I dont think that they are necessary..in my mod I have nukes that destroy the hole city and I think that this is enough but this is your project...:p

Until version 3.x there were really different types of nukes. There were tactical nukes that hit only the target plot and strategic nukes that had effect to 9 plots. But in 4.x they are all the same. Same on effect!
But I wanted nukes earlier in game without rocketry. The only nukes that were used in war came with bombers not with rockets. The rest are updates of the bomber that follow the normal bomber development. And because of the different and advanced interception concepts they are needed! And the two types of missiles are from BTS and make sence. Especially with the missile sub.

What would be the greatest thing to merge is terrorist and coalitions from mod called
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=336721
Iknow for sure that people at forum are crazy about this code and author of a mod isolate the code from mod it is sdk changes and most people like me dont know how to work with sdk so if you manage to do this and if you like it with your project that would look great and people will download it like crazy(Iknow that this code is requested in all mods at forum and for now none put this code in their mods..I dont know if is it hard to merge or mod authors just dont like this,but please check it out )..

I never saw this mod before. Even never heard of it. But it is interesting. Perhaps in version 5. ;)

Thomas SG, great mod! How unfortunate I have seen it only now. You have implemented quite a number of fantastic concepts. :goodjob:

Thank you! :)

1.) Would it be possible to (re-)introduce the BUG-button (or another button that opens the BUG options menu)? That would be helpful for those who don't know about "Strg-Alt-O". :)

Of course. But it needs an update. It's not well done.

2.) I have already started two games with Germany and was always placed in the middle of a jungle. Is that intentional?

No. There is no special reason why it happens. Germany is not linked to jungle areas. Are you playing with Culturally Linked Starts? And a map type that always generates jungle in the same map area? That may be a reason.

I am not sure whether you are looking for more concepts, but since I like your mod a lot, may I suggest a few more concepts that I really like and think that they would make a great addition to your mod (and haven't seen in your list):

There are lots of concepts I want to add. But many need to be reworked. That takes time. But I'm already planing a version 5 with lots of new stuff. ;)

Already on my perhaps list for version 5.

- Mine Warfare: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14620 (seems still a bit bugged though)

Sorry, but no.

:D A new project type for CCV is already in development for version 5. I wanted to call it "Satellites Network" or something similar. :D It should give you advantages like you can expect them from spysats and GPS. :D

Thomas SG, that sounds awesome! :) Version 5 seems to become another milestone then...
I hope you are able to introduce the WLOB mod that SIMPA suggested into your project. I had a look at it and that mod is really fantastic and would be a superb addition. It offers so much additional depth. :goodjob:
Btw, is there any potential target date for version 5... (no pressure intended ;) )

Thomas SG, that sounds awesome! :) Version 5 seems to become another milestone then...
I hope you are able to introduce the WLOB mod that SIMPA suggested into your project. I had a look at it and that mod is really fantastic and would be a superb addition. It offers so much additional depth. :goodjob:
Btw, is there any potential target date for version 5... (no pressure intended ;) )

There is no potential target date for version 5. But development never stops. :mischief:

And words from distant lands spread that it could be that I'll give a new version 4.12 to my test team today. There are rumours that say that this version has got some new stuff. :mischief:

They say that the firststrike attack will become available for siege units in the field against other units. They say that the collateral combat is coming back and that units that you, your vassals or master can't train will heal only with half speed if there is no friendly or neutral player that you can get spare parts from. They say that there is an option button.
And they say that the multiple dervative civs mod is now a part. They say there are new (well done) battle effects, new air bombard missions (about 10) with a new much smarter AI and benefits from smart bombs, Civic Promotions, the Mastery Victory, a tree nursery with perfect AI support. And they say that terraforming is in development right now. And they say that a new mod called "lost battle" is in progress but couldn't be finished for 4.12. And those words say that defender withdrawls were seen. Some units even seemed to desert. While others became captured workers. And they saw units running around with captured foreign weapons after battle. They saw lost own ships sailing around under enemy flag. How could they get them... ? I think something is going on... :mischief:

There is no potential target date for version 5. But development never stops. :mischief:

And words from distant lands spread that it could be that I'll give a new version 4.12 to my test team today. There are rumours that say that this version has got some new stuff. :mischief:

They say that the firststrike attack will become available for siege units in the field against other units. They say that the collateral combat is coming back and that units that you, your vassals or master can't train will heal only with half speed if there is no friendly or neutral player that you can get spare parts from. They say that there is an option button.
And they say that the multiple dervative civs mod is now a part. They say there are new (well done) battle effects, new air bombard missions (about 10) with a new much smarter AI and benefits from smart bombs, Civic Promotions, the Mastery Victory, a tree nursery with perfect AI support. And they say that terraforming is in development right now. And they say that a new mod called "lost battle" is in progress but couldn't be finished for 4.12. But those words they that defender withdrawls were seen. Some units even seemed to desert. While others became captured workers. And they saw units running around with captured foreign weapons after battle. They saw lost own ships sailing around under enemy flag. How could they get them... ? I think something is going on... :mischief:

If this what you saying is true I will become your biggest fan EVER :bowdown:
This just sounds to good to be true :drool:
Pozdrav!!

And they say that the multiple dervative civs mod is now a part. They say there are new (well done) battle effects, new air bombard missions (about 10) with a new much smarter AI and benefits from smart bombs, Civic Promotions, the Mastery Victory, a tree nursery with perfect AI support. And they say that terraforming is in development right now. And they say that a new mod called "lost battle" is in progress but couldn't be finished for 4.12. But those words they that defender withdrawls were seen. Some units even seemed to desert. While others became captured workers. And they saw units running around with captured foreign weapons after battle. They saw lost own ships sailing around under enemy flag. How could they get them... ? I think something is going on... :mischief:
That sounds awesome! :goodjob: So, we are trying (but probably failing) to wait patiently for the new version. ;) Will check again later whether 4.12 is up. With all the other ideas you mentioned here and there, ... :yumyum:

Pozdrav Thomas!!
Please just one question..did you include Mechaerik War Prizes and Unit Allegiance mod in 4.12?
My game is going slow couse I love to play with minor civ on...:rolleyes:
Is there somewhere txt with new components that has been include in 4.12?
For now everything is going without any bugs..and I play with every options on...:)....just fantastic...:bowdown:

Pozdrav Thomas!!
Please just one question..did you include Mechaerik War Prizes and Unit Allegiance mod in 4.12?

No. But I think I saw those mods once in the past. Lost Battle is a combination of Defender Withdrawl, components from my Experience and Combat Project from CCV version 3 and absolutly new stuff.
But I must confess that I had no motivation to work on that feature. I have done other things today. ;) I saw some nice leaderheads, great persons and 2nd UUs. :D But as always those mods also include bugs and lost of confusing stuff. It will take several hours to make them "good mods" and to include them into CCV. Some leaderheads are even finished...

Sorry, this was probably the wrong thread. So I moved my post to your bug-thread. (Even though I haven't noticed (m)any bugs.)

Just a screen today. ;)

Attachments

• Tech Conquering.JPG
    Tech Conquering.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 216
:D You want more? Okay. Just one more screen... :D

Attachments

• Lost Battle Preview.JPG
    Lost Battle Preview.JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 237
This looks amazing This should hold me until CiV comes

Thanks Thomas SG

Do you have the MineWarfare mod in this?

Sorry, but no. And I see no way for this mod to become part of CCV. And definitly not in the near future. There are lots of other projects in progress and on the list.

Would there be a problem in me merging it in?

Yes and No. :mischief:

For me it would be quite easy. For you I expect some trouble with the CCV invisible stuff (this is a bit tricky) and perhaps with the MainInterface. The rest is no problem. But you must use the standard version. WoC won't work!!!

€: And the used PythonCallbacks will slow down CCV!!!

Top Bottom