Caveman 2 Cosmos

Oh, and a event said it generated fine clay ,but I can't find it anywhere. Please fix that.

I'm not sure, but did you check if any city has the resource? I don't remember the event, but it is possible that it is generated by a building within a city rather than on the map.

I don't know why it would be generated by a building, since it says, "A new source of fine clay has been discovered." But yeah, I'll check around.

Well, I will indeed check for that.
Seems a bit strange that it doesn't let you know in game that it does that.
Perhaps that event needs to be refined a bit more. :)

I like getting sources of fine clay when there are none at all on the map that I've seen. :)
I will look around in a few hours when I play it again. Got a few things to do currently.

It does not have to be supplied by a building. It is possible to add a resource to the city itself.

I think that is one of my modular events i have in??

Well, I have a wonder that is build 50% faster with Fine clay, and I do not have it saying it's active.
So, I do not appear to actually have any fine clay from that event.
I'm pretty sure I'd have the tech to see it long before I research Calendar. :) I mean, I haven't gotten Calendar yet, but still.

I also don't seem to have any copper near near me. So, that's fun.
I picked More rivers and resources, the more resources option didn't seem to work. :p

I'm well past Writing in the techs, but I am unable to Establish Embassy with the civs I've met.

Anyone know what I might be missing?

I do have the Advanced Diplomacy option enabled.

I'm well past Writing in the techs, but I am unable to Establish Embassy with the civs I've met.

Anyone know what I might be missing?

I do have the Advanced Diplomacy option enabled.

The other civs must have Writing too. Perhaps you are too far ahead of the ones you met.

Yeah, looks like that was the case. (Not so much too far ahead, but ahead.) After some turns I was able to establish embassy with two of them, and the third a few turns later.

I figured there was a tech requirement like that but finding what techs open what diplomacy options isn't easy, since they can't be conveniently linked/searched for in the 'pedia. (In retrospect I guess Writing was a pretty obvious target and I should've looked at that first.)

Question about recent SVNs: I played a game over an 11-day span in March with SVNs 9162 through 9192. I didn't have any problems with saves getting broken, but I also couldn't get any victory conditions to trigger. I built the ascension gate and launched the spaceship (and waited for it to land), but neither event triggered a victory. When I chose Retire, it said I'd been defeated. I had all victory conditions except Time enabled. Is this a known issue, or a fluke, or something else? I'd like to start up another game soon, but it's not quite as fun if you can't win. :)

Question about recent SVNs: I played a game over an 11-day span in March with SVNs 9162 through 9192. I didn't have any problems with saves getting broken, but I also couldn't get any victory conditions to trigger. I built the ascension gate and launched the spaceship (and waited for it to land), but neither event triggered a victory. When I chose Retire, it said I'd been defeated. I had all victory conditions except Time enabled. Is this a known issue, or a fluke, or something else? I'd like to start up another game soon, but it's not quite as fun if you can't win. :)

If you have Mastery checked you have to finish all other victory conditions to win. That victory condition is for people who don't want a victory in their game but want all the elements.

Yeah, if you have Mastery, you have to play the game to the very very end. So, enjoy 3000+ turns if you have Marathon selected. :)
And if you have the longer settings, well, see you in 20 years. :)

If you have Mastery checked you have to finish all other victory conditions to win. That victory condition is for people who don't want a victory in their game but want all the elements.

Yeah, if you have Mastery, you have to play the game to the very very end. So, enjoy 3000+ turns if you have Marathon selected. :)
And if you have the longer settings, well, see you in 20 years. :)

Ah, got it. Thanks to both of you!

Be kind to the AI, Thukew. They really get discombobulated by the Mastery victory, as not having a specific victory gives them no specific focus.

That explains how come it's not that difficult to get them to agree to all be my vassals. :p
At least that will help me a ton, since now I have no actual enemies left for the 2800+ turns to Mastery.

Side note, I decided to cause advanced river formations near my capital city because reasons, and added a fine clay deposit because the event never generated any.

So very, very true. Fine for the Player but for the AI not so much. Aforress, AFAIK, never developed an AI coding for Mastery to help the AI with dealing with Mastery and all it's demands.

JosEPh

there are nice Late-Game victory conditions, like scientific or space-race, no need to use mastery - am I right?

there are nice Late-Game victory conditions, like scientific or space-race, no need to use mastery - am I right?

Imhpo yes.

But I think Space Race is disabled. Since we added the TH and Galactic Eras I've never selected the Space Race Option because it was said that it no longer functioned as designed. I could be wrong though as that was some time ago when Hydro was in Full Modding Mode.

JosEPh

There was a time when the "spaceship" was some sort of intergalactic or interdimensional ship, with the components buildable mostly in the Galactic Era. Then it was reverted to the traditional Alpha Centauri ship, with components mostly in the Transhuman Era. It would be great for a map that has interplanetary but no interstellar terrain.

Top Bottom