Project Still Alive ???

Lachlan

Great Builder of Civs !
Hi all !

I just find this project, this project is very nice :eek:

I hope that you still working on it...

When you will relesing the next version ?

I just downloaded Alpha 5, what will be named the next version ?

I really cant understand more than 10 % of german in your forum, so i hope that will be an english version...

I will play it ! :goodjob:

I think that the real Civ V should be between Civ 4 BTS and the biggest unofficial add-on for Civ 4 BTS : not enough...

It is sadly truie that communities evolves faster than officials :(

I see new mechanisms, its truly nice !

:)

Thomas Pi is still working on it ..
next verison coming soon (i hope)

Nice, i'm playing a game at the moment :goodjob:

Oh yes, CCV is very alive!!!

The new version is in progress and has much more components than the last versions. I've done lots of new stuff and also included great stuff from other modders. But I'm very sorry. I've got only less time at the moment and I'm still fighting against errors from third party mods. And there are mistakes in nearly every mod. :sad: I found bugs in Revolution, in BASE, in Mad Nukes, in New Vision, as always BUG,...

And it's much harder to find and solve a bug in unknown code than in my own code. That takes so much time. And the bugs are of so many types. Forgotten buttons, forgotten sounds, wrong variables, wrong variable types, mistakes in the AI code or even missing AI code, NULL calls,... And most of the time the game tells you nothing about the error. I even found bugs in the BTS code.

But as always I could need some help. When ever I was sick of searching for bugs I added new stuff. And so I also started to add new civilizations. While Holy Rome and Sumeria are nomore independed civs in game (Rome may be called Holy Rome by ADN, Sumeria is the early call of Babylon by ADN) Austria and Israel are now in CCV. Poland and Australia are planed. Brasilia maybe too.

But there must be a good a UU, UB and one or more well done 3D leaders. Flags are welcome but I can do them on my own now. I found out how to do it.

And that's the point where I need some help. I need a good UU for Austria at the moment. I don't like the KUK infantry. And the graphic is also a bit crazy.

We are looking for a land unit with a significant name, a good existing graphic and it should be in the era of Austria-Hungary if possible.

€: The new version will be called CCV 3.17.01 or 3.17.001

Thomas Pi is still working on it ..
next verison coming soon (i hope)

I think (hope) I found the last bug that crashed the saves/game. But it will need some time to rework the new vision code. If that's true we can do again a stability test next week.

And we got new stuff. ADN is working perfect now. Names, nations and flags are changing perfect now, all nations have now flag sets, the doctor has got real heal points and the AI has got also new code to be able to use it (missing in Planet Fall), I've written and included new code for a rework of the traits. And while my new civics are very sad and must be reworked my new traits are great stuff. I like them very much. The new CCV traits are:

Financial -> more money from plots and trade routes, faster build of commercial buildings
Expansive -> more gold from pillage of improvements and cities, cheaper settlers
Imperialistic -> cheaper buildings and units, cheaper workers
Innovative -> faster build of wonders, faster build of science buildings
Militaristic -> faster build of barracks and stables, more GGs, less XP needed
Creative -> free culture, faster build of some cultural buildings
Spiritual -> faster build of religious buildings, health bonus
Charismatic -> free happiness, faster build of monument, arena and tower, less war weariness
Industrious -> faster build of industrial buildings, cheaper unit upgrade
Organized -> less costs from civics, faster build of city hall and court house
Philo -> more GPs, cheaper monastry, library and theatre

I also added many new leaders that are also in BASE. Some are missing. I didn't like the fantasy leaders and also not Johanna. Instead I added for example Obama. Furthermore I've made for all of them new buttons and improved some of the leaders if they were for example too dark. Some of the BASE technologies will also be imported from BASE. And I've downloaded also CivSuper for second UU inspiration. And Germany has got a new air force now. Maybe I'll posts some of my reskins and the new set this days. It's just a bit sad that I can't use my great new version of the Gotha bomber in CCV. :cry:

I hope I forgot nothing.Time for bed now. Good night. :)

Hi, i'm glad for that you have told me about CCV...

So the next version should come before end of April 2009 ? Maibye early May ?

By waiting, can you tell us the features of the new version, for permitting to us to dream about it...

Because, i will surely forget the others mods after i* will* played CCV :goodjob:

I played Alpha V, what will be the name of next version ? Weight in Mb ?

I will wait if needed, CCV has an official website ?

;)

Added*

Hi, i'm glad for that you have told me about CCV...

So the next version should come before end of April 2009 ? Maibye early May ?

By waiting, can you tell us the features of the new version, for permitting to us to dream about it...

Because, i will surely forget the others mods after played CCV :goodjob:

I played Alpha V, what will be the name of next version ? Weight in Mb ?

I will wait if needed, CCV has an official website ?

;)

May? Please tell us more about your time machine... :D

And I can't tell you when it will be done. I do it as fast as possible. I'll try to fix the new known bugs after eastern and run a second stability test without the combat stuff. If successful I'll add the new done combat stuff, rewrite Dales CASA and do a community test. If no new errors appear this should take about two weeks after the stability test.

Size? Is getting bigger and bigger. The more errors the more new other stuff like leaders and unit graphics is included in between. :rolleyes: Comparing the CCV version history to find the bugs makes me sometimes really crazy and so I do other things...

And some details are here. But expect some minor changes. ADN is done, the doctor gives now health instead of food, the sickness from improvements has got now two components - a generall pollution for all nearby and more sickness for the workers of the working city, new traits, new leaders, new civs, perhaps a second UU and some BASE techs...

Ok, sorry i cant speak English perfectly since i speack "English-French"...

So...

I dont want the project hurried and crashed up by my fault ;)

Hey. I got a broken English too. My English is full of Germanism. So no problem here.

But May was a bit funny... Didn't want to hurt you or something like that. And CCV is done when it's done. And the problems are always errors I made in the code by myself or imported with other mods. And of course I want to finish it as fast as possible too. I'm already working some months on this new version. And I fear Caesium is almost finished too... :king:

And that's the point where I need some help. I need a good UU for Austria at the moment. I don't like the KUK infantry. And the graphic is also a bit crazy.

We are looking for a land unit with a significant name, a good existing graphic and it should be in the era of Austria-Hungary if possible.
Also ich hätte zumindest ein paar Vorschläge. Als UB ist glaub ich das Opernhaus vorgesehen (wobei ich jetzt nicht sicher bin ob das das Kolosseum oder das Theater ersetzt. Letzteres wäre wohl angebrachter.) Als Alternative hab ich mir gedacht vielleicht Hofreitschule als Ersatz für die Stallungen (evtl. mit Kulturbonus oder sowas).
Als UU finde ich die kuk Infanterie nicht so schlecht eigentlich (obwohl die Grafik mit diesem weiß/gelb wirklich nicht besonders ist)... aber als Ersatz wäre vielleicht der k.u.k. Husar (statt Kavallerie) oder der Kaiserjäger (statt Füsilier) ganz nett. Da findet man sicher geeignete Grafiken, aber eventuell müsste man neu skinnen mit einer schönen blauen Uniform...
(Am Rande: ich hoffe, du hast als kulturspezififische Grafik den Saab Draken für die Österreicher eingebaut...)

(Am Rande: ich hoffe, du hast als kulturspezififische Grafik den Saab Draken für die Österreicher eingebaut...)

Noch nicht, mache ich aber natürlich.

Also ein UB ist erstmal ausreichend. Und das Opernhaus ist völlig okay, obgleich deine Vorschläge super sind. Ebenso erscheint es mir inzwischen auch mit der UU. Hab gestern mal etwas im Netz gesurft zu diesem Thema. Aber wir brauchen dann dringend einen Reskin. Hoffentlich kann ich dazu einen meinen Artist bewegen. Mich kostet das wieder Stunden... :ack:

Anybody still working on this mod the last post was a few months ago

Top Bottom