Platy World Builder

If all you want is to end a boring game... there is actually a set winner function lol.
Didn't want to add in the current turn function, as I am not sure if it is going to mess up the score graph if you turn the time back...

Tried the max turns before, when I reduced it dramatically, I got the countdown timer to end game.
Timer expried, game still continue, so dunno whats the point of it.

Not sure what determines WB availability, but cheating in MP doesn't sound fun :D

Not sure what determines WB availability, but cheating in MP doesn't sound fun :D

Fair enough for the rest, no big deal. I just like to have the scores in the Hall of Fame at the end of a game.

I never play MP, just Hotseat alone, but Hotseat is considered MP and WB is not authorised for MP.

Is it me only or does the flyout menu functions do not work at all in default BTS?

You know, when you right click in WB and a popup appears.
Doesn't seem to do anything whichever I choose.

Something you wanted...

Choose Pick Area and click whichever continent or water mass you wanna edit.

And do what you want...

Change whole island to grassland without affecting the other continents!

Add some roads, impassable tiles ignored

Add some forests, only on forest possible plots (No existing features, terrain, city, peak etc)

Currently only added forest and jungle as feature choices.
Don't see a point of a continent full of oasis.

Is it me only or does the flyout menu functions do not work at all in default BTS?

You know, when you right click in WB and a popup appears.
Doesn't seem to do anything whichever I choose.

Same: never understood how it works.

New function: good improvement - I have to try it. :goodjob:

Since the default BTS "Flyout Menu" does not seem to be working at all, I redo the whole system for it.

Activating it is still the same, right click during City/Unit Edit mode or Shift left click.

Extra Info:
1) X and Y co-ordinates
2) Culture towards Player X
3) Improvement Upgrade Timer
4) Add City function if there is no city, or edit city function if there is city.
5) Edit Unit function
6) Plot Script
Etc) Plot Type to Improvement Type, just an alternative to edit these beside using the buttons.

Edit:
Removed a test code left behind...
Added X and Y co-ordinates for Unit and City Data.
Renamed "Choose Unit" to "Unit Data"

Thanks for the nice updates to the World Builder. When I updated the version in C2C I got a Python error in line 2790 (C++ exception). I fixed it by increasing the column length by adding +2 instead of +1 in line 2769.

Edit:
1) Found another bug in the Wonder Section instead though...
Code:
for i in xrange(gc.getNumBuildingInfos()):
	BuildingInfo = gc.getBuildingInfo(i)
	if isNationalWonderClass(BuildingInfo.getBuildingClassType()):
		lNationalWonders.append(BuildingInfo.getDescription() + "_Platy_" + str(i))
	elif isTeamWonderClass(BuildingInfo.getBuildingClassType()):
		l[B][COLOR="Red"]National[/COLOR][/B]Wonders.append(BuildingInfo.getDescription() + "_Platy_" + str(i))
	elif isWorldWonderClass(BuildingInfo.getBuildingClassType()):
		lWorldWonders.append(BuildingInfo.getDescription() + "_Platy_" + str(i))

That one should be Team :D

2) Thanks for the help AIAndy, I guess I found the line.
Code:
if (len(lNationalWonders) + len(lTeamWonders) + len(lWorldWonders) [B][COLOR="Red"]+1[/COLOR][/B]) %iNumColumns > 0:
This the one right?
It should be changed to
Code:
if (len(lNationalWonders) + len(lTeamWonders) + len(lWorldWonders) [COLOR="red"]+iWonderType[/COLOR]) %iNumColumns > 0:
instead of just +2.

Somehow I forgot to include the 1 to 3 Buttons which was added later to separate the 3 different wonder types.
If you have just National and World, iWonderType will be == 3, since it started as 1 (because there is still a Back button).
Using just +2 will still screw up for certain number of wonders, so it may become a problem again when you add more wonders into C2C

1) Fixed 2 python bugs with Wonder Screen as above.

2) Shifted Change All Plots over here.

Since it is all about map editing, it seems weird to separate them into 2 buttons.
So might as well park it here together with area editing.
The original Change All Plots button still works, but I am thinking of changing it to Edit Game Data mode, where you can change all the Start Year, Current Turn, Game Script, Game Options.
Have not figured out what controls the mouse over text though...
So currently there are 2 ways to change all plots.

3) Plot screen enhanced with few more stuff

Somehow forgot to include features...
The Plot Yield may be abit misleading, because it shows the plot yield based on plot owner.
So what you see when you exit world builder may not be the same figures as what you see in world builder.

For instance, you have Biology which increases Farm Food, Lincoln does not have the tech yet.
In game, you will see a farm plot controlled by Lincoln with +1 Food.
In WB, you will not see the +1 Food, since it is based on plot owner's view.

When there is no plot owner, then it simply shows base yield as if there is no improvement...
May sound confusing, but that is the only way to edit plot yield.

Nope, no change in WB functions :D

1) Rewrite some similar python functions into one common function.
Eg Unit Script, City Script, Plot Script are all simply Script function now rather than 3 different functions.

2) Remove some no longer necessary functions and variables.

3) Added a promotion page. Just an alternative to editing promotions using names rather than buttons. Again, easier for big mods with 538963068 promotions to find a specific promotion.

4) Game Options, extra codes added for certain game options.
a) No Goody Huts:
Remove all existing ones.
b) No Barbarians:
Remove all existing ones.
c) No Vassal States:
Cancel all existing ones.
d) One City Challenge:
Destroys all existing cities of human player other than capital.
e) Always Peace:
Cancel all wars among AIs, wars against human player continue if Always War is also activated.

3) Added a promotion page. Just an alternative to editing promotions using names rather than buttons. Again, easier for big mods with 538963068 promotions to find a specific promotion.

The keyword :D

Hi Great Engineer!

French translations updated.

X & Y coordinates: great addition!

Cheers.

woah, nice work!

I really need to get back into modding soon, but I'm being held down by my work into becoming a professional programmer :)D look at me going to try and get into oxford to do computer science!!!)

Anyway, I am going to use this for Jamie's Rome and everything! Simply awesome!

edit: The editing of areas and the diplomacy screens are amazing, allows for some cool stuff, like at the start of a medieval scenario you could have stuff that shows a back story as opposed to the default stuff!!! Imagine the possibilities!

Enjoy :D
It helped me with my testings to solve those bugs in gigapack too.
Updated with French translations again.

oooo and something else, the add new player is a life saver! I used to have to write in new players into Jamie's Rome when I made a new one by hand and it used to be really annoying! This makes the whole thing so much easier. I haven't checked but can you add a player between two others on the list, so if I have all rebels at the end of the list and I wanted a new non rebel civ could I add it in the middle, or is that too complicated. It's the only problem I would have because I would still need to do some manual moving for Jamie's Rome scenarios

Currently, that function adds the player automatically into the first unused player ID.

City Screen:

New Function:
1) Ability to select City from list of Cities owned by Current Player.
Removed "Next City" command since it is pointless now.

2) Added a chunk of other timers and put them together with Occupation Timer.

3) Happiness and Health renamed as Net Happiness and Net Health respectively.

4) Added Great People Generation Rate.
This is the rate after modifiers from all sources added. (Eg Civics, Philosophical Trait, National Epic)
Thus, you may not get the number you want when you adjust because of the modifiers.

Example:
Philosphical Trait + National Epic = 200% extra GP rate.
Means the end result is always going to be a multiple of 3.
If you enter 30, it gives 30.
If you enter 31 or 32, it will be rounded down to 30.

Known Bug:
Found out how Aloha got CTDs.
BTS WorldBuilder, you can just enter a number for some fields and simply click the "X" to exit.

Platy WorldBuilder, there are many functions with a line "setXXEditInfo" which will update all the other fields when you change a particular field.
For instance, in City Screen, changing Population from 1 to 10 will have an effect on other fields such as Net Happiness and Net Health obviously.
setCityEditInfo(True) will update all fields when there is a change in population.
This command was not necessary in BTSWB because there is simply nothing to update.
BTSWB City Screen only has Population, Name, Culture, R&C. Changing either one of them will not affect any other fields at all.

However, because of this line, if you change a field and simply click "X" to exit the screen, it is 100% CTD.
To avoid this, after you change a field, press "ENTER" before you click the "X".

Try and see before you thank god :D

It seems that it is not just clicking the "X" to exit.
If you change the Population field and simply go to another field like Culture, it will also CTD.

Moral of the Story:
For any field which you can input a value:
Press Enter after you input something.

Top Bottom