Electricity bonus replacing railroad bonus

Napo981

***ernEmperor
Am I the only one to think cities with full railroad around are especially ugly :( ?

What about replacing railroad bonus with electricity bonus??

Railroads would then serve only for transportation purposes, maybe commerce-shields bonus to the central city square. This would remove all those ugly railroads around the city.

Electricity could replace railroads bonus. Electricity be worked the same way the railroad are or be integrated with cities improvement. (ex. 1 power station : inner radius, 2 power stations, outer radius)

If worker-dependant, electrified squares could look as brighter ones (instead of wires that would look like railroad!!). They could even light at night, if nights ever exist :eek: !!

On the other side, I think electricity brought more to production than railroads :D .

What do you think about that??!!!

Railroads were initially used by horse-drawn carriages in mines, with no steam engine in sight.

Railroads were upgraded by adding steam engines.

Railroads act as fast transport, but are perhaps made obsolete by monorails and airports.

Railroads never did much for fields of crops though! :hmm:

I construct rails everywhere as back up so the AI will have a hard time cutting off my rail network jsut by planting a single unit on the rail, or bombing the one section of rail. I don't consider the bonus too much when building rails.

Personnally, when I build rails, I try to put them on used mined/irrigated lands first, then everywhere.

Top Bottom