C2C - Religions discussions and ideas

Ouch, sorry. yep all sorts of sites getting hit.
I would download copies of all interesting mods now, before they are all pulled.

Anyone have a copy of that mod??
Someone may have have an old copy backed up.
Maybe try to contact people in the mod thread??

Thanks. Here are the last of them. At least these are better than what we have. I may look at changing some of them latter.

Ok I will start on these. Anywho here are some fixed buttons I grabbed from the WWII mod.

- P51 Mustang
- P59
- Coast Guard Cutter

I will try to find more from other mods. But at least it will fixed a couple of them.

EDIT: Here are your religion icons. I was thinking perhaps Yoruba should be moved earlier to "Folk Music" or "Folk Dance" rather than "Music" tech.

Found a mod using it. It looks like the link is intact.

wolfrevolution
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=292578
lots of added planes and other units

maybe this is a good place to look as well
http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/182399-BtS-Mod-WOLFSHANZE-MOD-(Industrial-Age-Naval)/page7
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9627

The last link was just aircraft skins, no buttons.

Do you know of any non-civ games that have pictures/buttons of aircraft? Such is how I use unit icons from Age of Empires 3.

EDIT: Well wolfrevolution was disappointing. All that downloading and no useful units.

From another thread:

Another observation:

Zoroastrian Ishtar Gate - enables contact with ALL civilizations and comes WAY too early to be realistic. My suggestion would be to limit that to either 1) as civs on same continent 2) civs that have contact with ones you have contact with, i.e. with ones that is possible to get contact through trade.

This was because there were two Ishtar Gates defined in the XML. I think I have managed to get rid of the other one. What tech would move it to if I can't figure out how to do 1 or 2? Also changing it will make Zoroastrism a bit under powered comparied to other religions. What would you suggest to redress this?

Loki Fist - i already stated before - it is overpowered for being non-national unit, i.e. you can produce unlimited amounts of it. In my games i usually get Asatru religion, because 2nd favorite one (Zoroastrism) other civs grab before me, so i have to build those Loki. By time of Flintlock i have 400-600 of them, with berserker i,ii and amphibious promotions free - which makes them unstoppable. Making them 15 units limit would be more proper.

Other religions that offer units, for example, give very limited number of them, Kemetism gives 2 - Ra knight and Ra something else (forgot), they come late at game at chivalry and are national 1 unit, Christianity wonder gives 1 random crusader every few turns, and that's about all.

The point is that Asatru is the only full war religion. Kemetism is only slightly war oriented with large science bias with its wonders. Does the unlimited Loki Fist match the small military, bigger health and large science science boost of Kemetism?

From another thread:

This was because there were two Ishtar Gates defined in the XML. I think I have managed to get rid of the other one. What tech would move it to if I can't figure out how to do 1 or 2? Also changing it will make Zoroastrism a bit under powered comparied to other religions. What would you suggest to redress this?

The point is that Asatru is the only full war religion. Kemetism is only slightly war oriented with large science bias with its wonders. Does the unlimited Loki Fist match the small military, bigger health and large science science boost of Kemetism?

As of now Zoroastrianism isn't underpowered, it has 4 good wonders and shrine with +10% to science. There are several other religions which could be considered underpowered. Also, my concern about Ishtar gate isn't about power, it's about feeling being in ancient world slowly discovering neighbours, map and such. And all of a sudden in classical era you get contact with civs from other continents and even distant islands ... Maybe it's okay on a small maps or in a fantasy world but for me it takes away that civ gaming feeling. Besides, Ishtar gate gives espionage bonuses to all buildings.

Anyhow, i think it would feel right if it would only unlock civs that already have been contacted by ones you have contact with.

About Asatru ... Yes, i realize it is war oriented, but my point was that UNLIMITED loki fists with built-in +50% str AND massive combat xp from religion buildings (+2, +3, +3 cathedral +5 holy city = that 13 xp from that religion buildings only), summing with other buildings/civic option that comes to 25-30 xp for melee in medieval. Asatru also have 4 good wonders - +1 pop every city etc. My point is that unlimited loki makes making ANY other troops (except some siege) a waste. I would make a national limit on them around 5-15 units - so they would be a elite core of the army, not 90% of it.

Seriously, games where i take asatru (it IS one of my favorite religions) are all same scenario - defence till civil service, in process i fully prepare my main military city (holy asatru city ofc.), plant all slaves there, then start pumping them out 3-5 per turn, once i have 30-40 i can start wiping all my neighbours ...

As for health bonus ... i dunno, i never had any problem with health once i had 3+ cities playing on deity. Usually i have +50 or so health AFTER i build factories etc. and around +20-30 in medieval. And i dont build health specific buildings except ones needed for growth such as sewer system.

Oh, btw another issue with Alliances (both Shamanistic and Druid) - i think they should have requirement of religion being active, otherwise during golden age i build both in my biggest cities, and they don't obsolete. This is kinda unbalanced.

All of this is imho ofc, from my games (gigantic, snail). Other people may experience different conditions.

Seriously, games where i take Asatru (it IS one of my favorite religions) are all same scenario - defense till civil service, in process i fully prepare my main military city (holy asatru city ofc.), plant all slaves there, then start pumping them out 3-5 per turn, once i have 30-40 i can start wiping all my neighbors ...

Interesting, i never play that way, but still interesting:hmm::think:

OK question for ya, why is Nagh . . religion being converted in Capital Cities aloud the world, like mine its waaaay up North but i have a town that is right next to their cities:confused:

Even Qin Shi Huang which waaaay across even alot of Continents is getting it??:eek:

Is this intended this way?

AIs seem to convert to their favourite religion the turn it is founded (if their civics allow a state religion and they have none by then).

The favorite religion mod by The_J ensures that the capital of all leaders will get their favorite religion when that religion is founded even if they did not found it. This has been this way from v18 release and a bit before for SVN users.

@Hydro two more buttons. The current ones don't work well so these should replace them. please convert the attached into buttons. Thanks.

I would like to see a multiple religions be founded by the same technology mod. So when you hit polytheism you can choose which religion you want of the polytheistic options. It cuts down on the clutter around the tech tree in most instances. Certain types of religions are founded at the same time. If a civ loses the race for polytheism they still can get the 3rd or 4th polytheistic religion. Just an idea.

Top Bottom