Riots in St. Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitzilla

Lord Croissant
Supporter
I noticed on Drudge that there are small riots going on in St. Louis.

Apparently the authorities shut down the interstate and a mall.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-loot-quicktrip-following-teen-killing-video/
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/massive-brawl-shuts-down-st-louis-galleria-mall-on-lockdown/

Residents are furious that the cops shot an unarmed teenager 10 times:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_f9d627dc-e3c8-5bde-b2ab-7f0a3d36a083.html

Hopefully it doesn't escalate. Hasn't been a large riot in the USA in 20 years.

It was not that big, and it has settled down before it even became a story. The odd ball part was that it happened in sleepy mid-America and not in some major city on the fringes.

It was not that big, and it has settled down before it even became a story. The odd ball part was that it happened in sleepy mid-America and not in some major city on the fringes.

Er, it's a suburb in St. Louis County. The city proper has 21,000 people, the county just over 1 million. It's very much a fringe of some major city that also happens to be in mid-America.

Take my adjectives and use them to convince me that St. Louis is a miniature US?

Not so odd.

We on the fringes have had so many unarmed people shot by cops we aren't likely to riot about it. We've actually come to think of shooting unarmed people as being among their more endearing traits.

For anyone that thinks the FBI investigation is going to have any notable effect, don't hold your breath. Throw a bunch in jail and the faces change, but the department doesn't and the song remains the same, near as I can make out.

The police have closed the airspace over the area. They claim their helicopters have been shot at several times.

Ever been in a helicopter that is taking fire? There is no way to tell. You cannot hear the shots. You cannot feel a bullet impact on the aircraft. I have not seen footage of a shooter. I have not seen an image of a bullet hole.

I am old enough to remember riots in New Jersey where the police swore there were snipers on apartment buildings. Nobody was injured by the imaginary snipers. Same thing here I bet.

They closed the airspace below 3,000 feet, not the airspace over the entire area Oh, and it wasn't actually them, they simply requested the FAA do so. And how do you know some decent person in the neighborhood didn't call the police because they saw some criminal firing at the helicopter?

They closed the airspace below 3,000 feet, not the airspace over the entire area Oh, and it wasn't actually them, they simply requested the FAA do so. And how do you know some decent person in the neighborhood didn't call the police because they saw some criminal firing at the helicopter?

So a sniper can hit something at any distance below 3K feet? :p

The police have closed the airspace over the area. They claim their helicopters have been shot at several times.

Ever been in a helicopter that is taking fire? There is no way to tell. You cannot hear the shots. You cannot feel a bullet impact on the aircraft. I have not seen footage of a shooter. I have not seen an image of a bullet hole.

I am old enough to remember riots in New Jersey where the police swore there were snipers on apartment buildings. Nobody was injured by the imaginary snipers. Same thing here I bet.

During the London riots someone was shooting at a helicopter and there was footage.....but then the dispute was if it was a handgun or a flare gun. I think it's possible the pilot or someone in the helicopter saw the same type of thing that was in the London footage only in this case they didn't have a camera.

People will look for any reason to riot. These riots have a better reason than those in the late 80's to early '90s in my area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4SHESFJJwA

http://www.popcenter.org/library/aw...hp67XNLeDQidPku_Q&sig2=2NEiI1cYYB8b-U0woEFOpw

although the pdf tries crediting police work for the eventual decline of the riots the truth was the canoe races were simply cancelled.

Closing down that 3,000 ft. airspace also prevents news helicopters from covering what is going on there.

Closing down that 3,000 ft. airspace also prevents news helicopters from covering what is going on there.

I suspect if we have satellites capable of getting license plates from space, news organizations probably have cameras capable of zooming in from less than a mile. Is it your suggestion that they lied about the shots and instead are just doing it to prevent coverage? If so, they might want to get rid of those reporters on the ground as well.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/photos/powerful-scenes-ferguson-missouri-24953212/image-24953358

Spoiler :
The first photo is of soldiers in Sevastopol in March. The second is of police in Ferguson, Missouri yesterday.

Michael Brown's friend is saying he was straight up murdered by the police:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/11/us/missouri-ferguson-michael-brown-what-we-know/index.html

As federal civil rights investigators and the FBI carry out their own inquiry into the controversial case, tensions are running high in Ferguson, where there's a history of distrust between the predominately black community and the largely white police force...

...Dorian Johnson, 22, told CNN that he and Brown were walking in the middle of the street when a white male officer pulled up and told them, "Get the f*** on the sidewalk." The young men replied that they were "not but a minute away from our destination, and we would shortly be out of the street," Johnson said.

The officer drove forward but stopped and backed up, almost hitting the pair, Johnson said.

"We were so close, almost inches away, that when he tried to open his door aggressively, the door ricocheted both off me and Big Mike's body and closed back on the officer," Johnson said.

Still in his car, the officer then grabbed Brown by his neck, Johnson said. Brown tried to pull away, but the officer kept pulling Brown toward him, he said.

The officer drew his weapon, and "he said, 'I'll shoot you' or 'I'm going to shoot' " and almost instantaneously fired his weapon, hitting Brown, Johnson said.

Johnson and a bloodied Brown took off running, and Johnson hid behind the first car he saw, he said. The officer got out of his car.

"I saw the officer proceeding after my friend Big Mike with his gun drawn, and he fired a second shot and that struck my friend Big Mike," Johnson told CNN's Wolf Blitzer. "And at that time, he turned around with his hands up, beginning to tell the officer that he was unarmed and to tell him to stop shooting. But at that time, the officer firing several more shots into my friend, and he hit the ground and died."

"We wasn't committing any crime, bringing no harm to nobody, but my friend was murdered in cold blood," he told KMOV.

That Brown was unarmed is undisputed -- St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said every casing found at the scene was from the officer's weapon -- but he said at a Sunday news conference that Brown was not an innocent victim.

"The genesis of this was a physical confrontation," Belmar said, adding that Ferguson police asked his office to investigate the case.

The cops say Brown struggled with the cop for his gun. So who's telling the truth?

That will ease tensions. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom