News: Volunteered game: COTM109

Più Freddo

From space, earth is blue
This is a volunteered starting file for COTM109. There is no guarantee that it will also be the beginning of an official competition.

Class: pf
Civilization: America
Difficulty: Monarch
Map Size: Small
Topology: Continents, 60% Water
Climate: Hot and arid

I've made the following changes to the standard rules:
  • Workers, not Settlers, come from Goody Huts. I've switched "Starting unit 1" and "Starting unit 2" around.
  • Iron locations are fixed.

The map is generated by the editor and chosen for looking sort of nice. AI civilizations are chosen randomly by the game without cultural affinity. I've moved the starting locations of most civilizations by one or two tiles to a better one and tweaked coastlines somewhat. That's all. I've never created a map and scenario in the editor before, but I have tested that the thing with the Workers works and played a bit.

Make sure that NoAiPatrol is set correctly, follow all the rules and have fun!

Attachments

• cotm_109_pf.sav
    60.8 KB · Views: 48
Thanks for the effort! But I'm not sure yet, whether I will try it. To be honest: without the support of at least one CFC staff member, I think this attempt will be doomed to failure?! How do we securely submit? How can we run the standard cheat checks? And how to properly update the results, medals and awards pages?

I was hoping that AlanH would be back on the track within the next six weeks or so.

With no game at all to play, this competition will surely die. This is heart massage. No time to wait to ask questions.

Hi. Thanks for your warm words of sympathy. It was a terrible shock, and I am still recovering.

I'm trying to get back into the "game". I'll see if I can set up the submission system to accept entries for this game - it depends on whether I can adjust the script to recognise the saves correctly. Watch this space.

Meanwhile, I have published the outstanding results, and stuck this thread.

OK. I think the system has your game in place.

The release page is here, complete with a download link. The submission system should accept completed games in the usual way. Please let me know if you see any problems.

And many thanks to Pìu Freddo for taking this on.

Top Bottom