civ 5 issue.

flyby99

Chieftain
Hey, basically the problem is the following.

I'm playing a game with hugest map available on deity difficulty, with max civs etc.

Previously I had my game crashing, however after the patch I was able to load my game once again, however this save doesn't work properly.

First, I have random artifacts which look like my graphics card would overheat, however the temps are 70 degrees and that's not an issue, I'm playing games like crysis 2, portal 2, WoW etc and never experienced such issues. Making a new game doesn't trigger the artifacts though.
The next problem is that my resource icons have disappeared, if I uncover unexplored area, then I'm able to see the resource icon of the newly discovered resource. The icons for quite a few units do not show up as well.
Is there a way to fix it?

This is my DXDIAG.
http://uploading.com/files/51f2bff2/DxDiag.txt/
This is my save
http://uploading.com/files/eff7454b/Katriina+and+horsehocky.Civ5Save/
some screens
http://i54.tinypic.com/2vvsy1v.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/2qi7fvc.jpg

In the screens there are a lof of icons missing...
Can somebody check the save whether it's the same for you and maybe someone has a possible solution.

[edit] PC info
CPU - Intel i5-2500k
MOBO - Asus P8P67-M PRO
VGA - ATI HD 6970
RAM - 8GB Kingston Hyperx

That issue is just with that save?
Have you tried creating a new game with those settings?
Maybe the update corrupted the save?

Also, I see that your PC is over the top, however that doesn't mean that things like these cannot happen. Are you using a 64bit windows? Perhaps the game is just chewing too many resources and the machine doesn't give all it's resources to the game.

Does reloading that save solves some problems?

Hey, thanks for some input.
Yes, the game is like that with only that save. No graphical bugs are seen in a new game.

It might be possible that an update ruined my save of course, but it would be awesome if someone else could check it. My save is uploaded in the url above.

I'm using 64 bits indeed, however the game it self uses only a bit over 1.5gb, should not be an issue.

I have tried reloading the game for quite a few times, but it doesn't seem to help.

Guess, ill just start a new game

small bump, trying a new game was fine again until turn 200, the same happened, resources icons disappeared and there were some graphical bugs again ;'/

small bump, trying a new game was fine again until turn 200, the same happened, resources icons disappeared and there were some graphical bugs again ;'/

Exactly at turn 200?
Have you tried reloading an autosave of some turns before to see if it happens again on the same condition?

BTW: What mods are you using?

Also have you checked the integrity of the cache's? Perhaps it got corrupted with the save, which could explain your problems.

EDIT: Mmm, I've realised that you stated that your Vcard is at 70'C, and thus dropped overheating. However if your Vcard is quite old and/or has been overclocked perhaps the nanostructure of the Vcard got damaged (Or instead, it was defective from factory) and thus also have less resistance to temps. If that's the case, try underclocking your Vcard to test, or try reducing your graphical settings to low, then load the troubling saves, tell me if the problem still persist.

Approximate turn 200, not exactly, atm DX9 seems the way to go, maybe something related with drivers, even though tried several of them.

I've tried reloading autosaves and not all the time the issue pops up on the same turn, however eventually it comes up.

I don't have any mods, have checked cache integrity, steam didn't download any files, so it should be fine.

Tried setting graphics down, didn't rly help.

I have a HD6970 it's quite new, and I haven't OC'd it, as mentioned before playing Crysis 2, BF:Bad company or w/e games, none gives me these graphical bugs

btw,do you mind checking my save on your computer, whether it has the same effect? if it has, then probably something patch related

Approximate turn 200, not exactly, atm DX9 seems the way to go, maybe something related with drivers, even though tried several of them.

I've tried reloading autosaves and not all the time the issue pops up on the same turn, however eventually it comes up.

I don't have any mods, have checked cache integrity, steam didn't download any files, so it should be fine.

Tried setting graphics down, didn't rly help.

I have a HD6970 it's quite new, and I haven't OC'd it, as mentioned before playing Crysis 2, BF:Bad company or w/e games, none gives me these graphical bugs

Try updating your drivers.
I guess its related to them. Use official drivers from ATI. BTW: keep In mind that CiV engine was designed with Nvidia help and thus it behaves better on NVidia cards than on ATI ones. It means that it could be related to you using ATI instead of NVidia.

btw,do you mind checking my save on your computer, whether it has the same effect? if it has, then probably something patch related

I have tried loading your save, unfortunately it crashes for me, since your save is too big and too ambitious for my PC.
However it's unlikely that your game corrupts your saves, maybe the one you provided was having those issues since it got the triggering cause on all the time.

Top Bottom