Sith or Jedi?

• Sith

Votes: 32 37.6%
  • Jedi

Votes: 51 60.0%
  • Chuck Norris

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
I'm fairly sure it's one of the key points in Joseph Campbell's "Hero's Journey". It being in Dune as well is probably just a repeated common motif.

Sorry if I was being glib. It's the basic heroic trajectory. Essentially a global norm in mythology. And lets not forget that star wars was explicitly an attempt to reinsert mythology post Vietnam.

Oh yes. It's the American Lord of the Rings, so to speak.

Shhh, for gods sake don't let people hear you say the evident truth about lotr. They will point out how tolkine rejected any such suggestion and i'll have to reanimate Roland bathes on their arses. Zombie Tolkine vis zombie Bathes...

It's common in many parts of the world in mythology and storytelling.

With Star Wars, it's yet another point of similarity with Dune.

back in '99 ı had this movie magazine with in-depth articles on the just opening Episode 1 ; it explicitly stated Lucas used a text-book or something while developing the story-line , but Obi One would survive The New Hope to pass Luke to Yoda , with Luke becoming a lot more serious about the things at stake .

edit: The book mentioned by Arakhor , actually ...

Oh yes. It's the American Lord of the Rings, so to speak.

star Wars is indeed the Rings on some levels , but Lucas is not exactly shy of taking notice of good examples . Say , the pod race might be related to his own street days but it also involves Ben Hur with no horses but yes chariots .

There's a difference, though. The chariot race in Ben-Hur was absolutely mesmerizing. That and the galley scene are worth the whole rest of the movie put together.

The first Star Wars prequel was so boring, I fell asleep partway through.

well , can't say Episode 1 is exactly worth putting your neck out online .

I didn't literally fall asleep during 'ep. 1', but I may as well have. If you want to make a Star Wars fan cringe, just say 'midichlorians.'

To wash the taste out of your brain, and since it's Halloween, here's great photo of a little girl and her father dressed as Princess Leia and Han Solo:

Spoiler :

:lol:

That is so cute!

That reminds me, a friend of mine was talking about it the other day, and he was saying that at the end of Empire Strikes Back Lando was wearing Han's clothes. Is that true?

Ambiguous post there... :huh: If you are disagreeing with me, there are much more courteous ways to do so.

I'm with you, Valka, the photo was adorable!

The cast & crew wrap party for ep. VII was in London over the weekend. Harrison Ford was walking just fine and Mark Hamill has shaved his Jedi beard. J.J. Abrams let slip that Gloustershire's Forest of Dean was a filming location.

I didn't literally fall asleep during 'ep. 1', but I may as well have. If you want to make a Star Wars fan cringe, just say 'midichlorians.'

To wash the taste out of your brain, and since it's Halloween, here's great photo of a little girl and her father dressed as Princess Leia and Han Solo:

Spoiler :

Han Solo has put on a bit of weight since he helped save the universe. :mischief:

a Turkish TV channel reports that the filming has begun with lots of images from a computer game my PC or laptop could conceivably never run and lots of Harrison Ford footage from this movie called Ender's Game . Is anybody seeing anything like this abroad ? Or moviemakers are releasing their own clips ?

a Turkish TV channel reports that the filming has begun with lots of images from a computer game my PC or laptop could conceivably never run and lots of Harrison Ford footage from this movie called Ender's Game . Is anybody seeing anything like this abroad ? Or moviemakers are releasing their own clips ?
I'm not quite sure what you're referring to. Principal photography for Ep. VII wrapped last week. If the video includes footage from video games and Ender's Game, it sounds like it could be a fan film. otoh, Marvel Studios showed a teaser for their "Infinity War" movies at a Comic Con that clearly consisted of footage from other Marvel movies, cobbled together, so an official teaser for Episode VIII isn't out of the question.

Top Bottom