Arab Conquest

damn. this forum is still deserted...

You think my thread is deserted? Look at yours! You have like twice the updates I have but it's pretty much just You, Me, & Heerlo! I just don't get it.

Anyhow guys don't expect any updates for another week or 2 I feel bad but I get almost no free time between School & Drama & trying to get in shape :sad:

You think my thread is deserted? Look at yours! You have like twice the updates I have but it's pretty much just You, Me, & Heerlo! I just don't get it.

Anyhow guys don't expect any updates for another week or 2 I feel bad but I get almost no free time between School & Drama & trying to get in shape :sad:

Not very many people write stories; most of them seem to prefer making videos. But there are plenty of silent lurkers along with the dedicated readers and writers. And, of course, when helmling was writing the fantastic Civilization story with the Greeks and the Huns and immortals and Alpha Centauri, everybody was too busy reading that one to write their own....

guys what I mean is that the stories and LP forum is deserted. I'm not bashing at silverman.

Someone called?

I love when lurkers comment!

I just recorded something that I'll put up as VidLP

I mean I'll watch it, but why exactly did you post that here :p

Are the tales of the Caliph over?

Hopefully Not? :mischief: I wish I could really say more...but frankly I haven't been playing due to a combination of writers block, lack of interest, having to write a paper about the civil war(which is real boring when your topic is The Battle of Hampton Roads :rolleyes:), & just kinda being in a rut. :( I really am sorry & I hate myself for starting this series, getting people's attention, & then just dropping it. It sucks man. Anyway there ya go, have a good one :D

Sorry, I missed this one. Great story, Silverman, even if it has to end here. I will keep hope alive that it does not. You really developed your style through this one. :goodjob:

The Zulu War and Final Update

"Grandpa, what was the Arabian Empire?", a small Zulu boy asked the very old man he was in the room with. The older man shifted uncomfortably in his luxurious seat.

"Well", the old man started. "Like the Zulu Empire it started out as a small tribe of people with a common culture. Also, like the Zulu people they worshipped a pantheon that they called 'Desert Folklore' and..."

"Wait Grandpa, do you mean..."

"Please child, don't interrupt, anyhow, where was I? Oh yes, but this little belief very quickly became something much stronger and powerful and more compelling. It evolved into a great religion that they named Islam. Centered around the Desert, Mt. Sinai, and the prophets of Abraham, Christ, and Muhammad. But of course you already know this."

"That great religion was spread everywhere, far and wide. From Sweden to the north, to the Zulu in the south, Morocco in the west, and India to the East. By far the Arab mosques and palaces of worship, and the tellings of Islam were the greatest accomplishments that their people ever achieved. Their conquests were admirable, but in the end the Zulu betrayed their fellow Muslims, and ruined our holy city of Mecca."

"Well...", the boy started, "they were weak anyway! They deserved what they got!", he said, in true Zulu fashion.

"Perhaps they did.", the old man, known as Harun al-Rashid, said ominously, and longingly.

I'm sorry you decided to end this. I've also been dealing with life and school recently, and am really only now trying to get back to all the awesome stuff I was doing before. This was an awesome story, and I'm glad you shared it with us.

On a side note, are you going to drop out of the Brave New Succession game? It's been your turn for a while. I haven't really minded because as I said, I've also been dealing with some really hard life stuff and I don't blame you for being inactive here, but I would like to finish that one if you're up to it.

I'm sorry you decided to end this. I've also been dealing with life and school recently, and am really only now trying to get back to all the awesome stuff I was doing before. This was an awesome story, and I'm glad you shared it with us.

On a side note, are you going to drop out of the Brave New Succession game? It's been your turn for a while. I haven't really minded because as I said, I've also been dealing with some really hard life stuff and I don't blame you for being inactive here, but I would like to finish that one if you're up to it.

Well thank you, and I just posted that I'm dropping out, because finals next week :cry: even though I just tested for 4 hrs today :mad: anyhow thank you and I very much enjoyed both of your Fun Monday stories they made me laugh sometimes :p

Ok so I was playing a game today & I realized that it could be a really good story, so I started taking screenshots, & I was thinking about making the game a story, so would anyone be interested in seeing this?

Ok so I was playing a game today & I realized that it could be a really good story, so I started taking screenshots, & I was thinking about making the game a story, so would anyone be interested in seeing this?

If it's not the Scramble for Africa scenario, yes, of course! If it is the SfA...

We could have some "problems" around here.

Well it's definetly not the scenario but:
Spoiler :
Africa is involved! :mischief:

Huh?! Who is this "Korean President"?!

You don't remember me? Oh, that was before your time on this forum. ;)

Just thought I'd play a little joke and see how many remembered my "KoreanPresident" days. :lol:

Top Bottom