Supernatural Civilizations & Scenarios Pack

deleted it and re-downloaded. Still didn't show up, and I turned off my other mods. Didn't have the Undead Civ (saw you were working on this one, so just decided to wait).

Not entirely sure how to add mods to civ5 that don't come from the browser, but if you can link me to somewhere that shows how, or explain it, I'd be fine with just getting the map/scenario (not sure if the scenario works right now or not, since I need the map to choose the scenario) and it would be much appreciated. I wanna play this so bad. :p

That is really odd. Okay I'm going to post a .zip of the map here. Go to your "My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5" folder (where your MODS folder is) and unzip this file into the Maps folder.

The path should be something like this:

[user]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps, just drop the file in there (unzipped of course) and it should show up on your map list.

Great suggestions for civs! I have a massive love of goblins, I think that the next one I build now =).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svartálfar_and_Svartálfaheimr (link with forest or culture per kill ?)

A precolumbian civ with sacrifices ?

Daemons with possession (convert barbarians ?) ?

Good stuff! Thanks for linking source info! I'll be adding these to the work list. Maybe its worth setting up a user poll to vote on the next 6 civs...

Attachments

• A Shadow Struggle [SCS].zip
    8.7 KB · Views: 172
i have a problem which i don't seem to see anybody else having. hopefully you can help me on this, i loved the sound of this mod, so i downloaded it (in-game menu download to be specific). so, i activated after install and then proceeded to set up a game playing as one of your civilizations, except when i went to chose my civilization, yours weren't there, so i then checked for the map, again, it wasn't there. i tried re-downloading the mod and everything, but it hasn't seemed to work, i have no idea what to do. any help would be appreciated, thanks!

i have a problem which i don't seem to see anybody else having. hopefully you can help me on this, i loved the sound of this mod, so i downloaded it (in-game menu download to be specific). so, i activated after install and then proceeded to set up a game playing as one of your civilizations, except when i went to chose my civilization, yours weren't there, so i then checked for the map, again, it wasn't there. i tried re-downloading the mod and everything, but it hasn't seemed to work, i have no idea what to do. any help would be appreciated, thanks!

That is very odd, the only thing that would spring to mind is that the mod was installed but not enabled. I'm sure most of the following you are already doing, but just for completeness:

• Make sure the green radio button is enabled on the correct mod (I have enabled the mod below the mod I wanted before).
  • Make sure no other mods are enabled (just in case, its compatible with most major patch/overhaul mods)
  • Make sure its not kicking you out to the main menu somehow and you're starting a mods single player game.
  • Not to accuses or anything, but word on the street is pirated versions of the game have problems with mods

If none of that helps lets try this:

• Go to the first page of this thread (about 1/2 way down the page), I have posted the mod as a zip file. Download it.

• Delete the mod from the game via the in-game browser
  • Go to [user]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS and make sure it is gone

• Unzip the mod into the [user]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS folder
  • Re-enable the mod via the in-game browser.

If that doesn't work for some reason I'll make you a fresh build and we'll see if we can get it working (one civ at a time if we must)

If you go into Advanced Setup and make it to where it is only you and another civ and pick zombies or probably any civ and keep the other random, make a huge map, only domination victory checked. Setting on Chieftain or Settler or probably any, it loads and then gives the victory message as if you already won and it is the domination victory win message.

If the game is just started with picking one of the new civs and just starting with however many civs it wants it works fine.

So the issue is not the bug mentioned but another one entirely. If the mod is set to only have more than two civs, then it should be stated.

Well, actually my roommate's comp is the one having the problem. I just did it with those settings and it loaded fine and was gonna let me play it. He is also running it on directx 9 because 10/11 option wont work on his comp. Is there a possible issue that has to do with directx 9 setup or what?

I just figured you might have some insight on this and possibly a solution or workaround. He really only wants to try the civ out with two civs on settler setting on a huge map. He is kinda a beginner so he doesn't want anything too difficult. But I mentioned there was a zombie civ you created and he got excited. hahah.

I'm trying to install this game and play it.. but I can't load the scenario. Under scenario, all I have is the mongolian scenario *that came with the steam version* and I can't delete it. It is not enabled either.

And when I go to set up a custom game under "mods." and go to chose the map. I never see the map. Not when I click on map. Nor when I go to "Advanced setup."

I'm trying to install this game and play it.. but I can't load the scenario. Under scenario, all I have is the mongolian scenario *that came with the steam version* and I can't delete it. It is not enabled either.

And when I go to set up a custom game under "mods." and go to chose the map. I never see the map. Not when I click on map. Nor when I go to "Advanced setup."

Someone else was having this issue. I few post up on this page I have added the map file. Just download it and follow the instructions in the post. That should get it working for you. Have fun!

I registered just to thank you for making this mod! Do you have plans to make unique diplomacy screens for each civilization (as right now it uses pre-existing leaders for the diplomacy screen)?

Someone else was having this issue. I few post up on this page I have added the map file. Just download it and follow the instructions in the post. That should get it working for you. Have fun!

I've tried that. Still no go.

Always good to see some fantasy additions to cIV. If you ever get around to doing total civ conversions (changing all the units to match the specified type e.g. zombies) this would be completely perfect!

The Yaoguai are sort of a catch all term for Chinese and Japanese demons. In doing research (as I wanted to add some "eastern supernatural" civs) I found that the two cultures actually share quite a bit of demon mythos. They were originally a Oni civ lead by a demon Oda Nobunaga (he has an interesting backstory relating to demons). But I decided to make the civ a little more "all encompassing". Also a nod to fallout =). Oni is there special unit (a demon with an iron club) and demon gate as a special building, which is a production hub and toll both for demons along the silk road.

Shows what I know. I was thinking of the mutant animals with a similar name from Fallout. :lol:

Always good to see some fantasy additions to cIV. If you ever get around to doing total civ conversions (changing all the units to match the specified type e.g. zombies) this would be completely perfect!

That'd be awesome! I'd (try) to lend a hand with some of the coding if Opusegg was down. Count Chocula would make an awesome Vampire Kingdom unit....

I also do not see the scenario map listed. I downloaded via the in-game mod browser. I also tried the suggestion from madmatt55 but that didn't work either. :(

I didn't see this prob listed but OI may have missed it on my game instead of it saying for example vlad or vampires is shows the code as if the code was broken it looks somethign like this on the civ screen ((TXT_KEY_LEADER_VLAD-TXT_KEY_CIV_VAMPIRE_SHORT_DESC)) they all look like this(9the codes look broke)) the city names as well units ect

Sounds cool, is it on the steam workshop?

I just looked and couldn't find it on the Steam Workshop unfortunately. I'd rather not install this without knowing if it'll work with G&K. It looks very cool though!

Top Bottom