Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Update on Afghanistan quickly - what do we think of these colours?

I think the colors are okay, but I would simplify the icon a bit. Fill in the flags so they're solid (or fill in the top and bottom of the three lines) and remove the text at the top (which will also allow you to make the icon slightly bigger). Maybe also fill in that really thin line that's right above the arch and below the ceiling piece. These details will never show on any of the smaller sizes the icon will use but will make it look blurry and less distinct in those areas.

Colors are also close to LS' Durrani maybe?

Wow!! Thanks for creating this amazing new civilizations!! Well done, sincerely. :goodjob:

I have some suggestion for Malaysia, which maybe helps:

1) Malaysian is tend to be diplomatic or Cultural nation, because Malaysia have a lot of mixture in culture from different cities, and Malaysia is tend to solve any political problem in diplomatic way...

2) I agree that some suggestion that Malaysia's start bias is coastal, since most of cities in Malaysia is coastal cities...

Thanks.. :cool:

When I was playing with an Afghan civ myself, I used the little sunrise symbol in the top of your new icon, TP. In my opinion, the emblem you based it off of is too complicated, but certainly it's not a problem and will absolutely work as a civ icon.

For the colors....a little close to JFD's italy, the Mughals, and such. I was completely in love with the original colors, to be honest, especially the cream.

That being said, though, this will certainly work and I don't have any real complaints.

The colors are noticeably different when compared side-by-side, which is the only time it really matters anyway:

(can't say the same for the Mughals and Italy standalone, but that's another issue :p )

As for the Durrani, the I think the old icon was actually closer in color.

I really like the dark green, but I preferred the almost bone colour for the icon. Iunno, it just felt like a colour that doesn't really get used all that much. =]

Thanks for the advice regarding the icon itself, but the main question is regarding the colours.

Essentially, the current colours, the original ones I shared were way to dark and the green was bordering on City State Black. I'll play around with some alternatives based on green/white. But for now, suggestions would do fine.

Also, you wouldn't believe what Leugi has just finished ;)

Not sure if this right place for (potential) bug report but I have strange issue with Dubai replacing Melbourne as city state: the names (Dubai and Melbourne) are mixed.

I can see on main map name Melbourne, but when I will enter the CS popup or when establishing trade route then the name is Dubai. I cleared cache but that didn't helped.

Did anybody else had similar issue?

Not sure if this right place for (potential) bug report but I have strange issue with Dubai replacing Melbourne as city state: the names (Dubai and Melbourne) are mixed.

I can see on main map name Melbourne, but when I will enter the CS popup or when establishing trade route then the name is Dubai. I cleared cache but that didn't helped.

Did anybody else had similar issue?

Yeah, the same thing happens with Montevideo/Sydney. It's a glitch in the Australia mod. I think it's due to get tweaked when the mod is rejigged.

You should probably stop using the workshop, it's pretty unreliable. The best way to get mods working is through direct download.

Please read the instructions in the OP, either on Steam or on here.

So I guess we should all be getting you into hype mode. Coming Soon™:

Link to video.

That is all... I'm really excited - there are some amazing concepts in this civ.

So I guess we should all be getting you into hype mode. Coming Soon™:

Link to video.

That is all... I'm really excited - there are some amazing concepts in this civ.

yup, my hype-o-meter is off the charts!

Top Bottom