RawSasquatch/Kramer's New Civilizations

Alright, I just finished Santiago Mendez's leader screen! Not my best work, but I could always touch it up a bit further before release:
Spoiler :

Also, I've updated the OP a bit. I've added 3 "planned" Civilizations underneath my In-Progress civs. While I will get to Britanny and most of the other suggestions over time, I figure this is the best way to do it for now. Keep 3 always being worked on, and 3 always in the design phase/queued up, and I can work pretty effectively without being overburdened. I know nobody requested Azande, but still...AZANDE! And I've got a fairly complete design for them, at least compared to Bhutan and Scotland, which I desperately need input on. And, most importantly, of all, I REALLY need music suggestions for the Republic of Yucatan. Authentic Yucatec music is obviously greatly preferred, but if push comes to shove, I could use generic Latin music instead.

Here's an idea from Bhutan's Military History Wikipedia page:

During times of crisis, the government raised militias from among local lords' retinues, all commanded by one dapon ("arrow chief"), a title used through modern times.

Perhaps a Great General replacement?

That could definitely work, though I usually prefer to adhere to the unwritten rule of at least 1 combat UU per Civ. So, perhaps something along the lines of:

Dapon
Replaces the Archer, and may only be built by Bhutan. Can move 3 tiles per turn, and is never obsolete. If a Great General is stacked with a Dapon, it gain's the Dapon's movement speed.

Alright, I reckon it's about time for a status update. Production of Yucatan, California, and the CSA has greatly stagnated. I need a lot of Lua for all of the above, among other things. After discovering that my idea for a Zande UA (Golden Age points from pillaging tiles) was impossible, combined with the fact that _Bane put out an absolutely lovely Azande civ of his own, I effectively cancelled the planned Zande civ, opening a new slot up for... drumroll please...

CASCADIA! Led by legendary Duwamish Chief, Seattle, pictured above. The OP has been updated appropriately with Cascadia's design (mostly designed by the helpful Redditors/Cascadia movement members at /r/Cascadia.) I know having a Native American lead a bunch of plaid-wearing hipsters is a bit of a strange design, but keep in mind the Civ is supposed to embody all elements of Cascadian history and spirit, from the earth-loving natives who still find solidarity with today's self-aware citizens of Ecotopia, to the modern secession movement and its revolutionary components, and... Sasquatches.

Want to join the war effort? Well, if anyone can help me with my Lua requests for Cascadia, California, the CSA, or the Republic of Yucatan (which is TANTALIZINGLY close to completion otherwise!), drop me a line or check out my posts in the SDK/LUA board's Request thread. Anyone who wants to suggest music for Yucatan (I need a proper Peace theme, as I found a working War) or Cascadia is also very much appreciated.

Why aren't more people discussing these civs?

I'm really looking forward to the Yucantan Republic, California and Cascadia. The art is really good. These civs are quality and fit in with other modders civs.

I'm kinda curious what other people think about this

I make dis

Spoiler :

Ooooh! Shiny! =]

From the list of civs on the front page, see if you can figure that out :)

This is why we can't have nice things.

Well, I thought he looked ok. Sorry for posting lol.

I do not know who that is, but I really like his attire.

If I had a gun to my head, I would guess Santiago Mendez based on his Wikipedia picture.

Haha, he's even standing in front of the Alamo.

Haha, he's even standing in front of the Alamo.

and then I noticed at the top of the page (post #41) that RawSasquatch already posted a leader screen for Santiago Mendez.

My mind crossed Mendez out of the possible leaders list when it saw the picture up top for some reason.

For the record I thought he was Jefferson Davis. :/

Alright, gonna give everyone a bit of another status update again. I'm going to start out with a list of what each WIP Civ needs in order to be released, in case anyone wants to help out:

Republic of Yucatan
What's Needed
  • Need a lua script for the Unique Ability: Yucatecan cities receive +5% Military Unit Production for every worked Plantation.
  • Need a model for the Cruzob.
What would be appreciated
  • An icon + font icon for the Henequen resource. I have one, but it didn't turn out all too well.
  • A recording of Mendez's DOM speech. I probably just need to contact CharlatanAlley for that.
  • A better/more fitting Peace theme. This is the current peace theme, and this is the current war theme.

California
What's Needed

• Pedia entries for William B. Ide, John Muir (an alt. leader), California, and the Great Filmmaker.
  • Dialogue for John Muir.
  • A Dawn of Man speech for John Muir, and a recording of Ide's DOM.

Confederate States of America
What's needed

• A model for the Unique Improvement, the Antebellum Manor.
  • A leader scene for Jefferson Davis.
  • Icons for Jefferson Davis and the Antebellum Manor.
  • Pedia entries for the CSA and Jefferson Davis.
  • A unique icon for the Confederate UU, the Sharpshooter.
  • Dialogue for Jefferson Davis.
  • DOM Speech for Davis.

Cascadia
What's Needed

• Models and an icon for the Sasquatch Militia unit. Based on modern American/Cascadian gun owners, not actual Sasquatches. Think plaid-adorned bearded outdoorsmen with AR-15s and Mosin-Nagants.
  • Lua for the UA: Cities within 10 tiles of a Cascadian city belonging to an unhappy empire (lower than -10 Happiness) have a chance to revolt and join Cascadia. (Preferably with spiffy little notifications that the people of [CITYNAME] have risen up and joined the Cascadian bioregion.)
  • Lua for the UU: On the outbreak of war, assuming the player has the correct tech (Plastics), there is a chance for Sasquatch Militias to be raised on unimproved forest tiles owned by Cascadia.
  • Lua for the State Park UB: Receive a hidden building for every unimproved tile/mountain/natural wonder/etc directly adjacent to the city it was built in, and if one of those tiles is later improved, remove one of the hidden buildings accordingly.
  • A peace theme and a war theme. Native American, maybe, or anything that sounds like it embodies the Pacific Northwest.
  • Pedia entries for Cascadia, Chief Seattle, and the State Park.
  • Dialogue for Seattle.
  • A better icon for the State Park. I have a few, but none really turned out the way I envisioned them. Maybe a stone lodge in the wilderness, or even a single outstanding Douglas tree, ala the Cascadian flag.
  • DOM speech for Seattle.

Hoo boy, that's a lot of work. Anyone who can help me out with any of it is a hero. On another note, I'm working on a bit of an art/music/lua update for Rhodesia, including a new scene for Ian Smith, AND a new icon by TPangolin. He's made a few lovely alternate icons, and I'm not quite sure which one I like the best:

I like #3 and #4 especially, though. 4 is a bit of a radical difference from the Zimbabwe Bird (this lion represents the British South Africa Company), but it's still pretty Rhodesian in nature.

Top Bottom