A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at the scoreboard earlier, and noticed that the top few AIs were all at Deity (And one at Immortal). Each of their cities have 3 ~ 5 units on guard, and their score is ranging from 330 ~ 460. My score is 1,000+ and flex.difficulty wasn't raising it above Monarch.

I fixed it by moving it up to Immortal myself and disabling Flex Difficulty for me, but the AI seem to be suffering from an undeserved Deity handicap. Most are on Noble or Warlord though, but I can't help but wonder if the Deity difficulty is holding these AIs back from catching up with me...

Definetely they're being held back by difficulty. If you're using both Flexible AI and Flexible Difficulty, you should set your check for difficulty on a comparable rate with that of AI. If AI is checking difficulty every 25 turns (on normal speed, IIRC) and you're checking every 50 turns, you get a huge advantage. Solution: check your handicap level more frequently than AI does.

Attached is my latest save. I accidentally overwrote my earlier one >< *EDIT* Aaaand I forgot to attach the save :p
(Rev 838) - I saw some changes regarding Flex.AI recently, but I'm stil curious as to if they're being penalized a bit too harshly here. Compared to ME, they're doing miserably - except my German vassal. Compared to *each other*, they're doing fairly well and might actually warrant that Deity handicap. However as it is, that handicap is slowing them down and preventing them from catching up to me. It'd be all well and good if it was all AI vs AI, but that's not the case hehe.

I might be overlooking something though - been away from Civ for a while and all that.

I still have to tweak human handicap; right now it's too easy for humans to play on deity too.

Hi 45°38'N-13°47'E

Could you tell how we can disable that new chancing tech costs function? I tried to explore xml but could not find anything in there..

Hi 45°38'N-13°47'E

Could you tell how we can disable that new chancing tech costs function? I tried to explore xml but could not find anything in there..
It's not in the XML, you can't disable it. I plan to make it an option since someone doesn't like it, but in my opinion it makes the game more fair and I'd like to improve it more. What's your problem with it by the way?

45°38'N-13°47'E;13565336 said:
It's not in the XML, you can't disable it. I plan to make it an option since someone doesn't like it, but in my opinion it makes the game more fair and I'd like to improve it more. What's your problem with it by the way?

Thanks, options and possibility to choose have always been best part of AND:)

Dont get me wrong, I will propably use this option my self in single games altough it does pretty much same that techdiffusion? I tested it with 844 and tech costs seem to change every turn and always getting lower.

Me and couple of my friends play multiplayer with our own scenario. In that scenario there supposed to be different era civilizations. Your new system makes it difficult to keep some civs way behind:)

Thanks, options and possibility to choose have always been best part of AND:)

Dont get me wrong, I will propably use this option my self in single games altough it does pretty much same that techdiffusion? I tested it with 844 and tech costs seem to change every turn and always getting lower.

Me and couple of my friends play multiplayer with our own scenario. In that scenario there supposed to be different era civilizations. Your new system makes it difficult to keep some civs way behind:)
That sounds reasonable, I didn't think about scenarios. Although for what you want you could use barbarian civs and relative BUG options. :)

45°38'N-13°47'E;13565502 said:
That sounds reasonable, I didn't think about scenarios. Although for what you want you could use barbarian civs and relative BUG options. :)

We actually think about that but it would not be the same:) We want use diplomacy and give weaker civs possibility to gatch up in some point of game. We also wanna use real civs because our scenario is world map based.

Please if its not big change then make it optional. I know there are at least 3 very grateful long time fans:)

Please if its not big change then make it optional. I know there are at least 3 very grateful long time fans:)

I've coded that option, it will be under BUG options; I'll upload it in my next commit, probably when I'm done with piracy promotion.

@45 WOW! this new Pirate code is freakin' outrageous! I am about 700 turns into a new game and I just got venetian arsenal so I sent 20 carosels out to pirate an they are kicking ass! I can't wait until the other civs try to do that to me. HAHA!

@45 WOW! this new Pirate code is freakin' outrageous! I am about 700 turns into a new game and I just got venetian arsenal so I sent 20 carosels out to pirate an they are kicking ass! I can't wait until the other civs try to do that to me. HAHA!

I haven't uploaded the new piracy code yet... ;)

Uh oh, take a look, new boats are built at Boston just send them out as pirate!

EDIT; I can't explain what is going on now. I played a few turns hoping to find an example to show you but NOW my carousels are acting normal??? . I could swear that they were attacking shipping in every country. I know I saw a dozen battles where my carousel had stopped in front of a city and was attacked by boats from that city. I'm SOOOOOO confused!

I can't load your save, incompatible savegame. Can you post a screenshot?

Actually, I don't know what happened. Please disregard my post, I probably misunderstood what was happening as I had never tried to use the pirate setting that way before. I apologize for wasting your time.

I am playing this map on gigantic size, with 39 civs. The turns take around six minutes to load. Is there any way to reduce the speed, or is the map simply too big?

The mod also takes some time to load; anywhere between 2 minutes and four hours.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13615228 said:
Four hours is insane. Which revision are you using? Also check Minimize AI turns under BUG options to speed up turns.

I'm using version 1.75. The four hours took place on a windows 7, and it didn't open after four hours, it just sat as a background process and then I decided to close it. I'm on a windows 8 now, but it still just decides not to open from time to time, and I have to kill the process and start it up again.

I'm using version 1.75. The four hours took place on a windows 7, and it didn't open after four hours, it just sat as a background process and then I decided to close it. I'm on a windows 8 now, but it still just decides not to open from time to time, and I have to kill the process and start it up again.

1.75 isn't supported anymore - that's a very very very very very very very very very very old version.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=344525 The version this subforum is using can be found here :)

Can't say I've ever had that happen to me when I used to use it though :confused:

It happened with that very old revision, a well known bug. Download the latest one as Rezca suggested. Many difference with the old version but definitely a better game, more balanced and A LOT of bugs solved. Not to mention way faster than the old one, even on giant or gigantic maps, which would inevitably lead to crash while you approach industrial era with the old revision.

I only want to let you know that in latest C2C version Thunderbird fixed sea tunnels issue

Fixes Tunnel combat and movement rules - Land units in the tunnels can now fight land units in the tunnels and ignore sea units and hover units that are over the water and such units over the water now ignore land units in the tunnels while being able to fight other units over the water. (3rd attempt and this one shows success regarding all imagined dynamics that would require testing - aka... testing shows it works finally.)

So maybe it is worth to import

45°38'N-13°47'E;13615542 said:
It happened with that very old revision, a well known bug. Download the latest one as Rezca suggested. Many difference with the old version but definitely a better game, more balanced and A LOT of bugs solved. Not to mention way faster than the old one, even on giant or gigantic maps, which would inevitably lead to crash while you approach industrial era with the old revision.

The one and only thing I think still worked better in 1.75 and even base BTS is barbarian activity. It's gotten better in past revisions, but still seems terribly hit-and-miss when they decide to be "active" and when they decide to stay as harmless animals for centuries on end.

Just going back to BTS's Prince or Monarch and setting up Raging Barbarians immediately dwarfed any barbarian activity AND's given me since that one Highlands game I played (Several AI beaten before the mid-Classic, dozens and dozens of barbarian cities, the map was flooded with them even up to the late post-Medieval!)
But, for others they've had better barbluck than I have (Or unlucky, depending on how you want to look at it) - I guess it's very situational, though I see them as animals more often than not and rarely get matched up with wandering spearmen and archers anymore. Barbarian World option might help tho?

That small aside, AND2's much better than 1.75 in many ways :)

Hi. In the game I'm currently playing I just discovered Cavalry Tactics, but haven't yet discovered Flintlock. Strangely, I can't currently build any basic defensive gunpowder infantry: arquebusiers are no longer available, but I can't yet build musketmen. I can build grenadiers. I presume that this is the result of arquebusiers being able to upgrade to dragoons - because my city which was building arquebusiers switched to building dragoons.

I mention this because I don't expect that it was intentional...

Rev 856.

Cheers,
A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom