AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

For some reason, the launcher won't do anything after clicking 'Lauch Civilization IV'

Did you set the "BeyondTheSword" executable paths in the options ?

Could you give me a link to this patch ? Actually, the patch is developped on european/US versions, so other languages are not supported by default. That said, i've developped a tool to extend the support to other languages (only used for russian at the moment). If you agree, i will ask you to send me some files of your setup so i can study how the game handle korean.

I found the Korean patch for ROM AND 2.0 rev618, I was only able to find the exe file.

Here is my dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwqusvo9gxfoa9q/rom-and_v2.0_ko v12.exe?dl=0

Did you set the "BeyondTheSword" executable paths in the options ?

Oh, how stupid am I

Now I can get civ bts running through the launcher, but it still gives me the stupid

vanilla civ 4 bts. I'm guessing that ROM AND 1.75 c is a prerequisite for all following updates.

All of those problems started after I deleted the originally working ROM AND folder and tried out the svn update.

Should installing ROM AND 1.75c and using the launcher for updates help?

I tried to solve the problem this way, but I just can't find a stable link to download

1.75c. The civfanatics center download link is very unstable.

Should installing ROM AND 1.75c and using the launcher for updates help?
NO ! AND 1.75 isn't compatible nor ROM 2.92. You need to ensure that they are not installed then use my installer to download the mod. Activate "load mod" and the game path in the options and it should work.

Before to do that, you can check the file "CivilizationIV.ini" in "My documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/" and verify that the line "Mod =" is "Mod = Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn".

I found the Korean patch for ROM AND 2.0 rev618, I was only able to find the exe file.

Thank you. Does the base game have a korean patch or is it sold directly in korean in your country ?
EDIT: There is a "CvGameCore.dll" with the patch. Is there a "source code" or something with the patch on the page where you've grabbed it ? I need to check out what have been changed in the code.

NO ! AND 1.75 isn't compatible nor ROM 2.92. You need to
Thank you. Does the base game have a korean patch or is it sold directly in korean in your country ?
EDIT: There is a "CvGameCore.dll" with the patch. Is there a "source code" or something with the patch on the page where you've grabbed it ? I need to check out what have been changed in the code.

I don't know anything about the source code, but i know that all korean patches for civ4 are fanmade.

NO ! AND 1.75 isn't compatible nor ROM 2.92. You need to ensure that they are not installed then use my installer to download the mod. Activate "load mod" and the game path in the options and it should work.

Before to do that, you can check the file "CivilizationIV.ini" in "My documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/" and verify that the line "Mod =" is "Mod = Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn".

Tried the ini change, but still the game loads a mod which looks like ROM AND in the main screen, but has no change in gameplay from vanilla.

Tried the ini change, but still the game loads a mod which looks like ROM AND in the main screen, but has no change in gameplay from vanilla.

Check:
- That your mods folder in "My documents/My Games/Beyond the sword/Mods" is effectively called "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn". You have to strictly respect the lettercase. If not, rename it and try to play.
- That you don't have a "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" in "<civ 4 gamepath>/Beyond the sword/mods/".

Does the previous ROM and AND 1.75 worked fine with the korean version ?

Check:
- That your mods folder in "My documents/My Games/Beyond the sword/Mods" is effectively called "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn". You have to strictly respect the lettercase. If not, rename it and try to play.
- That you don't have a "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" in "<civ 4 gamepath>/Beyond the sword/mods/".

Does the previous ROM and AND 1.75 worked fine with the korean version ?

There aren't many files in "My documents/My Games/Beyond the sword/Mods" and it is 416mb total.

My civ4 gamepath is D:\Downloads\Non-Steam\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

and the folder is 1.77Gb total, still can't find the solution.

ROM AND 1.75 worked fine, but I didn't try the korean patch. Other players had no problem with it:crazyeye:

You shouldn't have two "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" folders. Delete the one in My Documents.
The one in your base game folder is the right one (1.77gb)

EDIT:
I don't know anything about the source code, but i know that all korean patches for civ4 are fanmade.
Can you ask for this patch' source code on the forums please ?

You shouldn't have two "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" folders. Delete the one in My Documents.
The one in your base game folder is the right one (1.77gb)

EDIT:

Can you ask for this patch' source code on the forums please ?

I'm seeing some progress! Instead of getting the stupid vanilla screen, I get a ton

of xml errors :confused:. Well, I think I am almost there.

I requested the source code for the korean translation patch(?), but I can't guarantee

fast reply.

Getting xml errors like

- Tag: BUILDINGCLASS_CONFUCIAN_MONASTERY in info class was incorrect Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo\Civ4CivicInfos.xml

- There are more siblings than memory allocated for them in CvXMLLoadUtility::SetVariableListTagPair Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo\CIV4CivicInfos.xml

- Allocating zero or less memory in CvXMLLoadUtility::SetVariableListTagPair Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo\CIV4CivicInfos.xml

any suggestions?

Does your civ game is set to english language or korean ?

The two issues i can think of are:
- Either the mod don't support korean and would not load in that language.
- Either the game is told to load a mod named "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" but can't file the corresponding files. As you already checked that folder is named "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" and ini is set to "Mod = Mods/Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn", i don't know.

@hoon: You can translate the launcher into korean now. I'll add support in the next version of the launcher. Please follow the instructions on this post:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=526671

Do not translate the main mod yet as i need to study. I cannot guarantee that i'll manage to add support !

I suggested that solution in an earlier post. However, I posted another minidump from 4 or 5 turns later when I had yet another crash when there was NO stragglers from dead civs. I looked into WB to check for sure.
Ok, Let us start from scratch Please. Here is the savegame one turn before the CURRENT CRASH. Which came three turns after the crash you were investigating yesterday. I agree that crashes in this V857 are caused by the "undead":lol: but I have searched WB and killed off all of them two turns before the current crash. Here is the current crash evidence. I checked for complete kills setting it is off. I believe this crash is from some other cause.
Bumping up this one for myself, I didn't have time to test it yet but I didn't forget about it.

About vassals, I've come up with a couple of ideas, but I prefer to discuss them on the forum. First, I don't really like for vassals to last almost forever. I think there must be some way to get rid of them beside asking tributes or their decision to leave you. Maybe we could set up a maximum number of turns for a civ to remain vassal or change some parameters which make AI think that being your vassal is a good thing. Second, both for vassals and capitulated civs, they should break free if at any point they are as strong or stronger than the master. It happened to me in my last game on a GEM map that my 4 cities vassal was as strong as my 20 cities civ which was very high on the scoreboard. This was mostly because of flexible difficulty and flexible AI and Realistic Timeline options. Which is by the way very good, because having some small but developed and strong nations is really fun. But there's no sense for that civ to remain my vassal; unless they ask me to break free in next turns, I think the way they behave should be corrected at least to take military strenght into account (right now it takes only into account only number of cities and population if I'm not mistaken).

I agree on vassals.
  • If your vassal doesn't like you enough, he should want to leave.
  • If your vassal likes you enough, he shouldn't want to leave.
  • If your your vassal loves you very much (Friendly) and is under a certain power level, he should want to join your civ.
Military strength should be taken into account too.
And I think that stationing your military units in your vassal's cities should also have some effect. Make it harder for him to brake away (maybe master's unit in vassal's territory is counted as double strength when comparing the two civ's military strength), but also ruining relations.

EDIT: I remember you once mentioned some Puppet states mod to integrate. Is that still in plan?

I also agree on vassals and remember something like Puppet states mod which sounded interesting.I've also noticed that now the weaker civs are very keen on becoming vassals and usually they offer to become my vassals.

I'd support your three points, Sogroon.

OK, I'll think about it a bit more and see what I can do. As for puppet states mod, I think I've read there were some bugs and I prefer fixing current bugs instead of adding new ones. So it's something I like but not on the priority list.

I have a repeatable error,

Spoiler :

The game will drop the sound, as the error screen doesn't come to the fore ground. When you hit ok, it give another error, saying error not found, then will crash.

Error is repeatable.

Save attached.

My fault. I was getting rid of the art definitions for the units I deleted and didn't think the Spanish Galleon definition was getting used. I'll restore it.

Top Bottom