A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't upload so here it is
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Deep-Red Interface} {Balanced Civics} {Early Buildings} ANM Fortifications

I've encountered a bug, but I'm not sure if it's related to original Rise of Mankind or A New Dawn. Simply put, Choose Religions no longer functions. Instead of a pop-up asking you to pick a religion, one is assigned at random. Does this ring any bells with A New Dawn, or do people think that this could be down to the base mod?

I'm using choose religions and it works fine. Maybe make a clean RoM + RoM:AND install and see if it works then?

I've encountered a bug, but I'm not sure if it's related to original Rise of Mankind or A New Dawn. Simply put, Choose Religions no longer functions. Instead of a pop-up asking you to pick a religion, one is assigned at random. Does this ring any bells with A New Dawn, or do people think that this could be down to the base mod?

I always use choose religions and haven't had any prob's like that. Is that during the normal course of a game, or right after you've started using "Advanced Start"?

The only problem I've ever had like that was when I had Choose Religions on when creating the game, and Limited Religions on in the RevDCM menu ingame, while starting in the Industrial or Modern era. No religions spawned at all until a couple hundred turns into the game when I turned Limited Religions off.

Afforess, the Villa civic building is currently requiring the civic democracy to be built, instead of the civic patrician with the technology democracy.

Actually, I don't think it's even supposed to require the tech, just the civic.

Afforess, the Villa civic building is currently requiring the civic democracy to be built, instead of the civic patrician with the technology democracy.

Actually, I don't think it's even supposed to require the tech, just the civic.

Really? I'll go fix that then.

I can't attach a viceroy to units! :(

@Afforess you gave the Encyclopedia a mega nerf, it says
Requires AA Missile Defenses (0/89)
Requires Laser Auto-Defenses (0/655366)
Requires Anti-Missile Railgun (0/101188068)

101 MILLION Anti-Missile Railgun ARE YOU SERIOUS???????

Uh... No I didn't?

I haven't touched projects or code relating to them. In my game, I see no such requirements for the Encyclopedia.

Can someone else corroborate?

I'll be back with a screen shot

EDIT: Here it is BTW I'm playing on a large sized map

Attachments

• WTF.JPG
    WTF.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 263
I'll be back with a screen shot

EDIT: Here it is BTW I'm playing on a large sized map

I see a pink icon in the corner; you've modified your game.

I'm not responsible for any adverse affects your custom changes have.

I see a pink icon in the corner; you've modified your game.

I'm not responsible for any adverse affects your custom changes have.

That's a City Guard

That's a City Guard

Oh, well you could have told me that the city guard button was screwed up.

As for the Bug with the Encyclopedia, I'm not seeing it. I even started a game up, gave myself liberalism, and looked at the hover text. It seems completely normal. Unless someone else complains, I'm chalking it up to something you changed.

Oh, well you could have told me that the city guard button was screwed up.

As for the Bug with the Encyclopedia, I'm not seeing it. I even started a game up, gave myself liberalism, and looked at the hover text. It seems completely normal. Unless someone else complains, I'm chalking it up to something you changed.

Must have somehow had a bad install, because I started with a clean RoM, install the 2.81 patch then installed AND... but the bizarre part was that I didn't get an error message

and I haven't modded anything

Really? I'll go fix that then.
ROFL :lol:. I guess he forgot about it when I informed him of that small err.
Afforess, if I make a new icon for the "Claim Territory" command and change the xml art reference in the fixed borders folder will it screw anything up? Yes, I would be changing only the icon for it not anything else.

Sometimes, I get sidetracked. It's rather easy, and when you have a bug report thread that grows a page ever time you log back in, it's easy to forget.

Don't worry, this time, I went and updated the installer files right away, it IS fixed for the next release...

Afforess, if I make a new icon for the "Claim Territory" command and change the xml art reference in the fixed borders folder will it screw anything up? Yes, I would be changing only the icon for it not anything else.

AFAIK, It shouldn't.

I can corroborate... but in my game it requires 376,167,402 Laser Auto-Defenses instead.
Although the AA Missile Defenses, Laser Auto-Defenses and the Anti-Missile Railgun are part of ANM, in no way is this bug present in that modmod in stand-alone or if it were installed separately after or before installing your modpack without it.

In addition, I'm getting a CTD at 545 BC with nothing special going on, it's repeatable and I'm running RoM 2.81 Full with the hotfixes with AND with all the patches and everything that is on by default, the deep-red UI is off though, no more no less. Here's a save.

Attachments

• Matt BC-0545.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 172

About that, here's what's happened to me: on advanced start from ancient age works fine, but on classical age I just get one assigned randomly after first turn. Is this the way it's intended to be or is it because the choose religions option was not designed for advanced start?

Edit: there's also another small bug caused by the fixed borders mod... if you use advanced start to place cities then regenerate map you still get 1 tile culture and visibility from those cities on the new map in the tile where those cities were.

In a new game I had build the laser auto defence before the project Encyclopedia can be started.
The laser auto def was also a preq. for other projects.
installed :
first rom and patch 2.81
mod ANM
a new dawn 1.50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom