AND Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice pack, except that you forgot to correct LH MLF file to add back in Theodora :).

Nice pack, except that you forgot to correct LH MLF file to add back in Theodora :).

I added it to the wrong place on my HD (I checked). It should be correct for any updates since I know I probably missed a few other things and there is likely going to be balancing needs since it hard to mod from theory alone. Not to mention the "this leader's traits should be" concerns.

It doesn't download at all from filefront,I tried many times and it keeps downloading a html file instead of the actual file.

It doesn't download at all from filefront,I tried many times and it keeps downloading a html file instead of the actual file.

I do not know what issue you are having. I tested one of the links. I clicked it, it sends me to Filefront, from there I click the "Download Now" button/graphic, it downloads. Is there a specific one that is not working for you, or is it all of them?

It might also be a browser issue, I use Firefox, check your settings.

Is there a fix for these unfortunate "The file name(s) would be too long for the destination folder. You can shorten the file name and try again, or try a location that has a shorter path" messages? I skip these files without knowing what kind of effect it could have in-game : (.

Thanks so much for this! Everything downloaded and installed just fine for me. The only issue (other than Theodora) that I noticed is that no matter how many times I reinstall, Vietnam doesn't show up in game. It shows as installed correctly in the directory, with all files in the proper places, but the civ, leaders, and UU/UB are just not there. Perhaps the problem is something similar to that of Theodora?

Thanks so much for this! Everything downloaded and installed just fine for me. The only issue (other than Theodora) that I noticed that no matter how many times I reinstall, Vietnam doesn't show up in game. It shows as installed correctly in the directory, with all files in the proper places, but the civ, leaders, and UU/UB are just not there. Perhaps the problem is something similar to that of Theodora?

Haha. Yeah, it is the same problem.

Thanks for these civilizations. Everything working perfect in english language, but when I'm start playing at other language then new civilizations do not appear on the list (there are only blank spaces):

How can I fix this?

Bug with Vietcong unit(Vietnam civ): while loading an error message appears "<Class>UNITCLASS_GUERRILLA</Class>"(located in Vietcong_CIV4UnitInfos.xml and in Vietnam_CIV4CivilizationInfos) is a wrong unit class.

Also when it loads(after 20 minutes) I have no interface(main menu), why ? Civ Gold has similar loading time for me , but the interface doesn't vanish. Do I too few RAM(2.5 GB) ?

It works ! 3GB switch to the rescue :) . Also, are you going to re-do Viet Cong unit ? Or leave as it is(29 strength, 2 move, hidden nationality) ?

P.S. Thank you for this wonderful megapack.

Reminder to Generalstaff:
Guerrilla is no longer an unit in AND 1.75.

Thanks for these civilizations. Everything working perfect in english language, but when I'm start playing at other language then new civilizations do not appear on the list (there are only blank spaces):

How can I fix this?

Sorry, this is currently English only. Thanks for bringing it up, I will update the OP.

Vietnam issues

I will work on fixing Vietnam. It is a shame the Guerrilla was removed (I liked it as a unit too, but if the AI had issues with it, I understand), using Marines or Infantry is rather imperfect for Vietcong. I will have to take some time on this one, since I suspect the reason Guerrillas were removed was due to people hating Hidden Nationality Units. I guess it was a blessing in disguise that I messed up on Vietnam the MLF file, and that SiLL does not plan to use it in the BADESS scenario.

Since this is in parts, I think it is a good idea for me to include the readme as a separate download in the OP. They will be up with around the same time as the update.

Are you going to create a torrent for the download or am I stuck trying to download from filefront with my slow Dialup connection.

If anyone could do a favour and upload this pack as torrent that'd be great,filefront is making much trouble downloading here.

I'm getting some errors on loading the mod with the mega civ pack. It doesn't crash, but I think it's the art...

Do I need to download the LH, part 1, to get the rest of it to work, or can they work separately?

Technically, the LH part is not necessary, but is highly recommended. It renames "Native Americans" to Sioux, which is great for flavor since I added Apache, Cherokee, etc., not to mention that the Iroquois are a civ. It also adds a number of LHs to existing civs, which makes sure every civ has at least 2 leaders. The LH Pack is fine on its own since it only adds LHs and renames the Native American civ.

To be clear, every part works by itself (i.e. if you only want Brazil and Armenia civs, then only download Mega Civ Pack 1). That way, people who do not a specific item do not have to play with it; I can avoid the whole "Hitler LH" issue and "______ should not be a civ" complaint.

I'm getting some errors on loading the mod with the mega civ pack. It doesn't crash, but I think it's the art...

Could you take a screenshot or repeat the exact error? If it involves the Vietnamese Civ, I am aware of the the issue.

I was having black terrain issues and missing skin (most human units are just floating weapons, one or two LH's have missing skin) when I had every single civ loading - this was fixed by removing approximately 10 civs, and that's without the LH pack (which I can't get to co-operate with the extra civs at all)

Is there a specific graphics heavy civ/LH that may be causing the problem, or am I just being too greedy for my computer to handle? Since no-one else seems to be having the problem, have I done a bad install?

I've got a Core 2 Quad CPU, 3gig RAM and Nvidia GTX260 (latest drivers) if that is of assistance. Approx 20 mins loading time (to be expecting on a mod of such size) but runs smoothly when those civs aren't loaded. Has a bit of a fit when every single civ is on and resets my settings to lowest graphics.

-10 civs isn't exactly a dealbreaker of course, with the sheer number of extra civs there are, but I would like to be able to play with the full range of civs and LHs if it's possible. Thank you very much for a wonderful mod :)

How exactly should I load this? When I look in the custom civ folder all the civs show up, but when I load the game, none of them are in the civipedia. what should the extract location be exactly? does it matter what order you extract them in?

I was having black terrain issues and missing skin (most human units are just floating weapons, one or two LH's have missing skin) when I had every single civ loading - this was fixed by removing approximately 10 civs, and that's without the LH pack (which I can't get to co-operate with the extra civs at all)

Is there a specific graphics heavy civ/LH that may be causing the problem, or am I just being too greedy for my computer to handle? Since no-one else seems to be having the problem, have I done a bad install?

I've got a Core 2 Quad CPU, 3gig RAM and Nvidia GTX260 (latest drivers) if that is of assistance. Approx 20 mins loading time (to be expecting on a mod of such size) but runs smoothly when those civs aren't loaded. Has a bit of a fit when every single civ is on and resets my settings to lowest graphics.

-10 civs isn't exactly a dealbreaker of course, with the sheer number of extra civs there are, but I would like to be able to play with the full range of civs and LHs if it's possible. Thank you very much for a wonderful mod :)

I had an eerily similar issue when I tested Pak'ed files, which is why I did not Pak. My machine has the same video card, but has 6 gigs of RAM, and can handles them all (I have an Intel Core Duo 2.53GHz processor too). I would recommend not playing with civs which are not part of SiLL's scenario, if you are interested in that. I know that the West Indies civ has 4 LHs, and is not planned for SiLL's project, a number of 3 LH civs are not being used, but generally, they use older LHs, which are not graphics intensive. If you are completely not interested in SiLL's map, and are looking to cut the "heaviest" civs, I would cut West Indies, Hungary, Canada, Egypt (modern), Mexico, Poland, Baktria, Israel, Denmark, and Italy; of course, many of these are significant civilizations, so I would cut whatever you do not like or feels unbalanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom