[Feedback needed] AND2 Checker: Easy installation and update v0.3

@45: Are you getting better ?

@Afforess: I need some help :(
When i use the following command:
Code:
rsync.exe -rz --info=progress2 --log-file="log.txt" --delete-after --exclude "cygcrypto-1.0.0.dll" --exclude "cyggcc_s-1.dll" --exclude "cygiconv-2.dll" --exclude "cygssp-0.dll" --exclude "cygwin1.dll" --exclude "cygz.dll" --exclude "rsync.exe" --exclude "upd_proc.exe" --exclude ".svn*" --exclude "updating" --exclude "checker/exclusions.custom.xml" --exclude "checker/changelog_last.xml" --exclude "checker/checker_config.ini" --exclude "Assets/BlueMarble.FPK" --exclude "Assets/Modules/Interface Colors/MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml" --exclude "Assets/Modules/Formations/MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml" --exclude "UserSettings/*.ini" "afforess.com::ftp/" .

It works on Windows 32bits, linux AND when launched on commandline on windows 64bits. However, when the updater is launched directly on W64, rsync output "Unexpected remote arg: afforess.com::ftp/" "rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at main.c(1348) "

Is there a way to set the remote location on the "rsync://" form to try it out ?

Thank you

EDIT: rsync://afforess.com/ftp/ doesn't work neither...

EDIT2: The bug i'm chasing is way more obscure than that because it also work in my W8.1 x64 VM :S

Did you ever get this figured out? I can't reproduce it myself.

Did you ever get this figured out? I can't reproduce it myself.
No i didn't. This bug occurs on my real W8.1 x64 machine but not on Debian 64, WXP x32 (VM) or W8.1 x64 (VM). There must be something wrong in the install.

No i didn't. This bug occurs on my real W8.1 x64 machine but not on Debian 64, WXP x32 (VM) or W8.1 x64 (VM). There must be something wrong in the install.

Random thought: is there already another rsync.exe on the system's path? When you are executing your command, perhaps the system path is being used instead of the local directory.

It might be a good idea ! I'll look at it tomorrow. Now that you've said it, it might coincide with the moment where i installed a new version of rsync with cygwin.

So checker says Update is Available, I click that and it brings up the Change Log and I click continue...

Then it says there's a problem with the previous version and it's going to check again.
It does this a dozen times, creating a new process each and every time, and has continued to do this non-stop until I killed each process manually with the Task Manager. Just closing it normally causes it to pull up a new process to replace it, and letting it sit there on its own was causing it to pile up processes.

So I can't update at all with the Installer since it won't even get that far.

Ok. I have this bug on a machine, i've already tried to fix but no luck yet. I hope to fix it by the end of the christmas break...

In fact, the process can't find the server using the same exact command than other machines... :(

@Rezca: What are your specifications ? Windows 8.1 ?

Ok. I have this bug on a machine, i've already tried to fix but no luck yet. I hope to fix it by the end of the christmas break...

In fact, the process can't find the server using the same exact command than other machines... :(

@Rezca: What are your specifications ? Windows 8.1 ?

Win7 Professional SP1

Are you a developer ? Do you use Visual Studio ? Cygwin ? Is Windows a 64 or 32 bits ?

So I'm trying the and2_checker. How do I make it remember the options (the window with formations, UI color, etc) I change? There is no OK / APPLY/ whatever button, and closing the window with X does not save anything.

So I'm trying the and2_checker. How do I make it remember the options (the window with formations, UI color, etc) I change? There is no OK / APPLY/ whatever button, and closing the window with X does not save anything.

In fact, it should :/ It's seems to be a bug.
Did you install the mod inside My Documents or inside the game "mods" folder ?

The color checkbox should impact this file: Assets/Modules/Interface Colors/MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml
The formation checkbox should impact this file: Assets/Modules/Formations/MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml

Could you check that you have these ?

I've noticed this behaviour on older revisions too. What I usually do is starting the game anyway from the launcher, of course it starts default BTS, I kill the process while loading, then I'm able to select the option and it remembers it.

If the launcher can't write to xml, it else don't have write access to it or the file is locked. Maybe i should configure to try 2 or 3 times before to fail.

Just curious, is the launcher version 1.02 in your setup ?

If the launcher can't write to xml, it else don't have write access to it or the file is locked. Maybe i should configure to try 2 or 3 times before to fail.

Just curious, is the launcher version 1.02 in your setup ?
I'll check later to make sure but it should be the one available in rev843, haven't tried the last one at the moment.

I've noticed that the mod can't be set by default when the game has not been launched once (as CivilizationIV.ini doesn't exist).

I've noticed that the mod can't be set by default when the game has not been launched once (as CivilizationIV.ini doesn't exist).
That could be it, I've noticed this behaviour when I mess with ini file.

In fact, it should :/ It's seems to be a bug.
Did you install the mod inside My Documents or inside the game "mods" folder ?

my install path for the and2_checker:
C:\Giochi\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\checker\

The color checkbox should impact this file: Assets/Modules/Interface Colors/MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml
The formation checkbox should impact this file: Assets/Modules/Formations/MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml

Could you check that you have these ?

Got those files, but without the MLF_ prefix.

DL'd the mod fresh from the installer itself.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13612525 said:
I've noticed this behaviour on older revisions too. What I usually do is starting the game anyway from the launcher, of course it starts default BTS, I kill the process while loading, then I'm able to select the option and it remembers it.

That made it save the "autostart the mod with the game" checkbox, but nothing else.

@Noyyau: I've made a mistake on the update logic. In fact, to prevent the erasing of these two files, i prevent the updater to download these... so... instead of not erasing these... it even didn't downloaded these.
I'll need to find something better. The new logic will be to overwrite these at each update (to ensure they are downloaded / updated when needed) and the launcher will set the registered value at startup.

Please download this file and put it to Assets/Modules/Interface Color/:
http://civ.afforess.com/repo/Assets/Modules/Interface%20Colors/MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml

Please download this file and put it to Assets/Modules/Formations/:
http://civ.afforess.com/repo/Assets/Modules/Formations/MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml

About the option to start the game by default: The mod need to have BTS started once to generate the config file needed to set the mod to autostart, so i cannot do anything about it. May i put a warning message at launcher startup if the config file haven't been found ?

Anyway, thank you for report :)

Thanks for the files dbkblk, now the only checkbox that still does not work is the "blue marble" terrain!

Top Bottom