RiFME development thread

This looks really well made, lets hope it gathers some momentum and creates the buzz it deserves.

Why would the goddess of dimensional magic be an elven leader?

Perhaps a better question is what if she is? dunananananana! Erebus Middle Earth conflict here we come....

Heh, sorry for abandoning the thread for some time... But for some reason during holidays I tend to drink, sleep and spend my life with a family. During work hours I spend my time at gaming/modding instead :D.

Just so you know. I did some pretty extensive research to find the names of the leaders and heros for each civ. Obviously if you are going for an exclusively Third Age mod then some of the civs and such will be non-existant. I was entrigued by the idea that there is a vast land to the east (farther east than the easterlings) where according to lore there could still be races of dwarves (in earlier times they lived in the mountains called the Orocarni or Red Mountains. There could also be a race of dark and twisted elves called the Avari, the remnant of elves who did not depart with the Valor after they awoke (were created). I created names for the leaders of these civs using existing language from Tolkien. The names don't exist in lore but the elf leader's name is Quenya and the dwarf's name is Old Dwarven. Some of the religions may be a bit of a stretch, but not too much. Also there are two other wizards besides Radagast, Gandalf and Saruman that are mentioned to have gone east during the first age. Since the other wizards are still alive I imagined these wizards are alive out there as well, perhaps corrupted like Saruman. There names were mentioned (Alatar and Pallando) so I used them as heros for each of these civs. Not such a huge stretch considering the existing lore.

One suggestion I have for this mod would be to disable city flipping from culture. I don't recall anything in Tolkien that resembles culture flips.

I know there's a game option you can select for that, but I think it would make sense as a standard feature of the mod, if it's programmable.

Top Bottom