New to civ 5 have a few questions after playing for 20 hrs

1. How do I access spys I looked everywhere and cant find a way to get them out espionage was one of my favorite aspects of past civs.

2.Is there any way to set the ai to a more rational setting it seems no matter what I do war is inevitable with my neighbors (now im fine with this part as in ancent times this was more the norm than the exception.) but when I take them down the new civs I meet and have met claim im a war monger and wont deal with me even though three nations tried to team up against me a whipe me out, if there is no setting to fix this is there a mod I mean the ai really is messed up from what I have seen so far.

3. does anyone know why the end game replay was taken out? and if they are planning on bringing it back?

Hey welcome to Civ and CFC, hope you're digging the game. Right now those features are not included in the game, but maybe a future expansion could add them. That's what I'm hoping at least. :cooool:

(Cmon now, whichever side of The Great Divide you fall on, you have to admit this is a pretty funny set of questions) :D

Hey welcome to Civ and CFC, hope you're digging the game. Right now those features are not included in the game, but maybe a future expansion could add them. That's what I'm hoping at least. :cooool:

(Cmon now, whichever side of The Great Divide you fall on, you have to admit this is a pretty funny set of questions) :D

thanks for the warm welcome, I hope they are added in latter as well along with the broken ai fixed. If the ai has been patched im glad I did not play the game upon release.

The AI is evolving. It used to be that everyone hated me for no reason. Now they mostly seem to like me.....for no reason. I do think Civ 5 has some strengths (especially the culture system, although I wish it had supplemented government and religion instead of replacing it) but it still falls horribly flat in too many key areas like diplomacy (no international trade routes!?).

I have had a few totally peaceful games of late, and maybe major reasons were signing RA's with everyone as much as possible, having OB with everyone, and limiting to four founded cities?

I even got away with refusing gifts, and with having declarations of friendship with some (often, had triangles of mutual friends). I have no idea what did or did not cause what, just reporting the observations.

dV

Why does everyone want peaceful games?:confused::p They're no derned fun! Only warmongering & conquest is fun.:ar15: You can still get a super-big empire. Only you don't have to waste settlers to get it. I almost always give the "stick it" response to AI threats; if they DW on me so what?? I was probably going to DW on them next turn anyway.

-- Cliff in Virginia

Top Bottom