Can't attack city

alfredbester

Chieftain
I'm at war with Spain and have been pounding on its capital. Now, suddenly none of my units can target the city. What the deuce?

Thanks for your response
-Alfred

I think it's because any of your units can see the city. If I rebember corretly, Artillery, Battleships and Carriers have limited sight.

If you want to attack Madrid, your units must get closer. Move the Battleship one hex forward and your units should be able to ''see'' the city.

So I moved an infantry unit towards the enemy city and it instantaneously disappeared. LOL.

So, GG Civilization programmers. Oh well.

Madrid built the Black Hole wonder :(

Haha you beat me on that joke! I was going to post something similar!

You may encountered a pretty weird bug. I mean your battleship should already ''see'' Madrid where he's standing on the picture.

I think the Madrid kidnapped Albert Einstein who managed to develop a Gap Generator building from the Red Alert series xD

Look closer at the picture.

Madrid has built the Hyper Lighthouse, the one that is built in the middle of the ocean to prevent any type of amphibious invasion for eternity.

This bug seems to happen every so often; line of sight for some reason gets screwed up. I'm not sure of a solution.

Ah, so that's what the Large Hadron Collider does :)

Seems each person here gets there own signature glitch(es). Mine's the one where the yield indicators shuffle around... I get it like 3 times a game, sometimes clearing the cache and rebooting fixes it, sometimes not. Others get one where the terrain shuffles.

If Madrid has no hit points left then it cannot be targeted, but it has to be entered instead.

Enough turns of moving destroyers around to different spaces eventually "fixed" it. And turns out my infantry just decided to turn on their invisibility cloaks. That's cool, I hadn't remembered researching that. Well Spain is dead now anyways. And back to Civ 4 for me. :)

Cheers,
Alfred

From what his terrain looks like, his PC can't handle the game very well at all (funny story: those are also always the people who play a huge map with as many AIs as possible). That bug might have to do something with that, as many people here who played thousands of hours haven't had this happen to them yet.

I have Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20 Ghz (2 cpu) and have been told it's one of the worst, and still not encountering the issue xD

I wouldn't have thought the battleship could see madrid, but it sees the two tiles on that island with barcy that have the same conditions. That said, all of those units on the top should have visibility on that tile next to the artillery so something fishy is going on.

Top Bottom