How do I download CIV IV mods?

Civ001

Chieftain
Sorry for this noobish question. But every time I try to download a Civilization IV mod for BTS whenever I click on it and launch it the game will send me back to the main menu. How do I better install mods?

Make sure you have version 3.19 and the mod is made for 3.19 BtS. then you should be able to load mod from advanced menu inside game.

The mods should be installed in your program folder, not the documents folder. You can do a search for one of the preinstalled mods to make sure its the right folder ;)

Sorry for this noobish question. But every time I try to download a Civilization IV mod for BTS whenever I click on it and launch it the game will send me back to the main menu. How do I better install mods?
For many mods it is normal to just send you back to the main menu, because the main menu of the mod will often look similar to the normal main menu. However, when a mod is loaded, the mod's name will be displayed in small white text in the top-right corner of the main menu screen.

The mods should be installed in your program folder, not the documents folder. You can do a search for one of the preinstalled mods to make sure its the right folder ;)
What makes you say this? In my experience, mods work fine in either location.

What makes you say this? In my experience, mods work fine in either location.

I think you'll find that a mod which has modified the theme files won't work correctly in the My Documents location. That may be the only restriction left. I seem to recall that there used to be more problems but they got fixed in patches leaving just this one issue. Or something like that.

Top Bottom