MOO2Civ

OK. (Although I've never had this experience with StrategyInformer myself I appreciate reports of this nature.) :)

Have been playing this for a bit and it doesn't look half bad. The Alkari trait ('currently on hold') could be simply implemented by assigning a bonus to the Alkari Palace, giving it a hammer and/or science bonus.

I'm trying to play version 5.3. but I keep getting a "GFC error: Failed to initialize primary control theme"
What can I do? I love this mod. I started playing Civ 4 again recently and wanted to play this mod. I played version 3.something and it worked great, but I can't get this version to work. I'm running game version 3.19 if that helps.

Version 5.1 also has this error. I've tried reinstalling both of them and nothing. Not sure what to do except wait for a reply.

I managed to fix my error. The problem was that I installed Final Frontier Plus, and zipped Final Frontier to save the original version. Once I was done installing FF+, I forgot to unzip the original FF into the mods folder. Once I did that, this mod version 5.3 worked fine.

Good. After posting, I realized it might be a faulty install issue. And it was. ;)

I also finally found out why I've never been able to reproduce this issue: I've never removed FF.

I've got "CivFanatics Forums - Error The requested resource could not be found." when I click on the links. I've only found "MOO2Civ 2016-10-0" Is it the same thing ?

Eh no, that's the old version, from before I got my paws on it. I guess something went wrong with the Database move. I'll check if I can find it.

It seems that I have a problem with this mod. I've downloaded it via the link provided - It's an installer version. Since it's an FF modmod I've extracted the contents into unaltered FF directory. The game seemed to work just fine untill I had tried to move my first probe - the game just froze for a time and then after a lenghty pause my probe discovered the whole map , explored all the wreckage and dissapeared into the unknown. I've exited the game and installed the mod as a standalone (into a separate folder, not the FF folder) The similar thing happened - after trying to move a unit the game just froze - only this time I didn't had the patience to wait to see what happened next - I had used the ALT+TAB and quitted the game. What am I doing wrong ?

This shouldn't happen. Did you use the auto-installer or manually install into the Mods directory? If manually, make sure there isn't a MOO2Civ folder inside the MOO2Civ folder. If there is, it's the latter which should be unzipped and installed into Mods, or the game may not find proper files.(The auto-installer should do this automatically.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom