The Last of the Civworthy

Hey, hey. Can't we just agree that the Commonwealth in its entirety was awesome in WWII?

Aw, just as we were getting to the "Truth is Stranger than Fiction" portion of a good Aussie vs Canuck bragging match. But I guess the honour roll of our mutual awesomeness can pretty much go on forever ...

I'm sorry, Australia wins. We have the WOMBAT!

man, that was too easy.

I think (not really) that the southern states should get a civ of their own.

1. Did the Civ in question make major contributions to human society (cultural, religious, architectural, military, etc.)?

We gave the world sweet tea ;) nuff said

2. Was the Civ in question independent for at least part of its history? Are they different enough from previously included Civs?
Yes, we were independent for about 6 years. Are we different? Not really.

3. Can a definitive leader, city list and unique unit be chosen for the Civ?

Our leader shall be Scarlett O'Hara.

Our capital shall be Charleston, our unique unit shall be the Texan, and our UB shall be the plantation.

Meh! Just an ugly version of the beaver.

You're thinking of the platypus I believe. A wombat is more like a black bear, in size and shape.

Our capital shall be Charleston, our unique unit shall be the Texan, and our UB shall be the plantation.

...and they won't have the ability to switch out of the Slavery civic.

I don't think the Texans will be too pleased to be lumped into the Southern Civ, I believe they would prefer there own civilization. :crazyeye:

A wombat is more like a black bear, in size and shape.

A short, *fat* black bear, crossed with a sloth, that just sits around on its ass all day.
My money is on the bear in that matchup any day...

Hapsburg? (is that already in the game?)
Florence?
Prussia? (is that already in the game?)
Austria-Hungary? (is that already in the game?)
South Africa?

Good call with Assyrians.

Prussia is Germany, Frederick has been a German leader.

Austria-Hungary and Hapsburgs are the same thing, and are very close to the Holy Roman Empire..

I think Poland would be pretty awesome, but Europe is "overrepresented" (politically correct way to make a bad thing out of "it's more important and had a greater impact on history"). By that logic, lets throw in the Chaddian Empire and the Uruguayan Empire and the Congolese Empire and the New Guinean Empire.

Also, Swedish Empire anyone? It was a huge power in Europe for about 100 years, with a very good army and near total control of the Baltic Sea.

1. Did the Civ in question make major contributions to human society (cultural, religious, architectural, military, etc.)?
Poland: Copernicus, occupied most of Central Europe..... I don't know what else.
Sweden: Huge military power in the Baltic, built forts, had lots of natural resources.
2. Was the Civ in question independent for at least part of its history? Are they different enough from previously included Civs?
Poland: Yes, through the medieval ages and renaissance, and when they did get occupied they fought like hell.
Sweden: Yes.
3. Can a definitive leader, city list and unique unit be chosen for the Civ? \
Poland: Jan Sobieski, Winged Hussars, and a capital city named WARSAW!
Sweden: Gustav Adolf, probably. For unique unit, Horse Artillery would be pretty cool.

...and they won't have the ability to switch out of the Slavery civic.

I don't think the Texans will be too pleased to be lumped into the Southern Civ, I believe they would prefer there own civilization. :crazyeye:

We did switch out of slavery though. We were just conquered first :lol: and the Texan was only because I couldn't for the life of me think of a unique southern unit that was well known.

I think Poland would be pretty awesome, but Europe is "overrepresented" (politically correct way to make a bad thing out of "it's more important and had a greater impact on history").

It's not political correctness. I don't want to start a game in the ancient period and be facing a whole bunch of nations (not civilizations) from the middle ages and renaissance. Nor do I want to play on an average-sized Earth map with historic locations and have Europe packed like sardines while the rest of the world is empty.

Also, I don't care to just see the ones with "greater impact" (which is just too subjective and is mostly responsible for the "Why isn't civ X in the game"). I want to see the regional powers of the world at various time periods. Eg, 0 AD - who was a big deal in each region - there's a few that should be in the game. 1500-1800 is fine too, but the list for each time period can only be so long; forget Eurocentrism, "recentism" is a much worse sin in Civilization.

Top Bottom