The Byzantine Empire

Ok for the UA say you want to play religiously what the use of the UA if you can't found a religion because everyone already have and didn't get the chance.

Ok for the UA say you want to play religiously what the use of the UA if you can't found a religion because everyone already have and didn't get the chance.

Well each Civilization "has to" be played differently.

Since the Byzantines UA is focused on religion, I'd assume the player would aim to be one of the first founders. There's only two civilizations that will really be able to found a religion before anyone else does, so it's an even playing field.

I think the Byzantines will be able to use their UA even if they don't found a religion.
I think they'll be able to enhance whatever religion they want as long as it's in their territory.
I think the enhancement they do to the religion will only apply to them

I think the Byzantines will be able to use their UA even if they don't found a religion.
I think they'll be able to enhance whatever religion they want as long as it's in their territory.
I think the enhancement they do to the religion will only apply to them
Hopefully. 32 days and counting. Its making me :twitch:

Yep. I have sources that are telling me that this conversation should end for the sake of all of our user accounts.

So. How about them Byzantines? Religion n stuff. Bonus belief. Ummm...kittens?

Edit: Damn. Thunder stolen by Mod-Ninja. Whatev. I stand by my kittens comment. :p

~R~

Yes. Kittens should somehow be involved in the Byzantine gameplay. Because Kittens would make Byzantium THAT much more awesome...
Better? We'll know for sure what Theodosa looks like in a little over a month, so no need to worry

Yes. Kittens should somehow be involved in the Byzantine gameplay. Because Kittens would make Byzantium THAT much more awesome...
Better? We'll know for sure what Theodosa looks like in a little over a month, so no need to worry

I can say from experience that kittens can be painfully adorable.

Maybe the Byzantines should get a UU something like this:

Attention Stealer: Replaces Missionary-Is a cat.
Convert uses: ∞
Power: 9001
Instantly converts all citizens in the target city to Catism. Happiness +100, production -75%.

~R~

Where is the screenshot confirming this then?

Until completely verified, I'm still going with the assumption that the UA will work even without founding a religion.
Surely a Unique Ability can be so unique that it allows you to enhance someone else's religion for your benefit?

Then again, perhaps this is "un-codable" (or at least..."more difficult than is necessary").
Bit sad if that were the case.

Just like how it would be cool if the Dutch were the only Civ who could export imported luxuries whilst retaining 50% of happiness. Now that would be what the East India Company is all about. Not just a silly half-bazaar that doesn't even give 2 gold, plus 25% gold, and 2 gold for every oil and oasis.
Ugh, still mad about that...sorry...

So what does this UA do give the Byzantines an extra great prophet at Theology? Makes sense, but I do feel that the UA should be adjusted somehow in case religion is passed on. Not all civs can obviously found a religion, and just because your playing as Byzantium does not mean that is in the bag.

All it does it give the Bonus Belief when founding religions, that's the official description.

Moderator Action: Some posts below this deleted; please do not tell people where to access the screenshots in question. If you wish to discuss this or any other moderator action, do so with a moderator via PM.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Well, anyway, I figured out that The Bonus belief is actually going to be ANY belief, including Pantheon, from Arioch's known belief list, there are infact 23 Pantheon Beliefs. 22 for all the civs in a single game (max being 22), and a 23rd for Byzantines.

There also needs to be,
12 founder beliefs
23 follower beliefs
12 enhancer beliefs.

I didn't realize she was the one that built the Hagia, as well as many other projects. She must've enjoyed playing Civ. she looks hot too

I didn't realize she was the one that built the Hagia, as well as many other projects. She must've enjoyed playing Civ. she looks hot too
I thought pious Justinian wanted to make all right with the people again --> thus Hagia Sophia was built. They banged that sucker out so quickly.

And yeah, she looks smokin'.

I thought pious Justinian wanted to make all right with the people again --> thus Hagia Sophia was built. They banged that sucker out so quickly.

And yeah, she looks smokin'.

Justinian I commissioned the project not Theodora, and yes she looks hot!

Well, anyway, I figured out that The Bonus belief is actually going to be ANY belief, including Pantheon, from Arioch's known belief list, there are infact 23 Pantheon Beliefs. 22 for all the civs in a single game (max being 22), and a 23rd for Byzantines.

There also needs to be,
12 founder beliefs
23 follower beliefs
12 enhancer beliefs.
Duplicate civs are allowed in Civ5, but I don't know how many. In the most extreme situation, is it possible for all 22 players to use Byzantines?

Of course, even if this is possible, the game design doesn't have to account for edge cases such as multiple Byzantine civs in a 22-player game.

Now we need to find out who will win the duel of the century: Catherine vs Theodora, who is deadliest?

I actually think that the extra belief slot would have been a good UA for the Hebrews, had they had them in the game; perhaps a UA for Byzantine could have been something that got a bonus from wonders - eg +1 or +2 happiness per wonder built.

Top Bottom