CivAddiction’s Multiplayer Modpack – CP+CSD+C4DF+Serp’s+And More!

Add the ability to play with a lot of civilizations (if it is not), and the ability to play YnAEMP maps measuring 180 titles, as well as the moove to capital

Hi,

I am newbie here. I have just installed this big marvelous package of mods to play online with my friends, but, it is always crashing.

The session host player crashes directly to windows when loading to a next turn, leaving the 'joined' player hanging and waiting that the game loads, and eventually ends up as the session host.

I presume that the crash cause should be something related to the synchronization with both players turns. And we have noticed that only the session host crashes

I still haven't looked at the log to see what is really happening. But wanted to know if someone have experienced the same, and if so what could be the problem, and solution.

thanks in advance,

btw the MOD is really really good :) good work!!!

PS: I just think one thing is missing one the MOD to be more realistic. The possibility of cultivation of drugs. It would allow for the civi that was cultivating them to win money fast, but would be catastrophic for the happiness of people, and also would bring new diseases, and it could be used to ''flood a opponent civ with drugs to lead to fatal diseases and weakning of the affected city of targeted civ''

Hi,

I am newbie here. I have just installed this big marvelous package of mods to play online with my friends, but, it is always crashing.

The session host player crashes directly to windows when loading to a next turn, leaving the 'joined' player hanging and waiting that the game loads, and eventually ends up as the session host.

I presume that the crash cause should be something related to the synchronization with both players turns. And we have noticed that only the session host crashes

I still haven't looked at the log to see what is really happening. But wanted to know if someone have experienced the same, and if so what could be the problem, and solution.

thanks in advance,

btw the MOD is really really good :) good work!!!

PS: I just think one thing is missing one the MOD to be more realistic. The possibility of cultivation of drugs. It would allow for the civi that was cultivating them to win money fast, but would be catastrophic for the happiness of people, and also would bring new diseases, and it could be used to ''flood a opponent civ with drugs to lead to fatal diseases and weakning of the affected city of targeted civ''
This pack does not work in multiplayer yet. You can try my modpack (half of civaddictions pack is my modpack), until civaddiction solved it.
(and/or you can contribute error logs to help civaddiction to sort bugs out)

I think civaddiction you should add a note to your opening post, that this pack is not multiplayer compatible yet, until you fixed it.

This pack does not work in multiplayer yet. You can try my modpack (half of civaddictions pack is my modpack), until civaddiction solved it.
(and/or you can contribute error logs to help civaddiction to sort bugs out)

I think civaddiction you should add a note to your opening post, that this pack is not multiplayer compatible yet, until you fixed it.

today will turn log on and see what its really hapenning and will report it here.

Thanks for your answer!! will try it today

luis

Registered to these forums just because of this mod pack. It's great and I will spend many, many hours with it. I've ran into some issues though.

Firstly, some questions and opinions. What's the reasoning behind percentage boost to production when a citizen is gained with some of the diplomatic buildings? Just a random buff mod author wanted to include? Is it enhanced bureaucracy (would be funny considering the Civil Service tech quote)? This one's a flavor issue for me, but I was just wondering.

I'm not a big fan of this Wonder Race notification. I feel it takes away almost all the tension from the wonder building, ya know?

Then the other issues. Great Diplomat tile improvements don't increase votes in the World Congress. Is there a technology requirement for that?

Also, it says that they couldn't be able to be built on resources, but if that resource is hidden (i.e. not having sufficient technologies to see it) you can build the improvement on top of it. Why couldn't embassies interact with resources like every other GP improvement?

Sometimes Barbarian Great Generals just hang around next to their encampment without any units providing protection.

Patronage social policy tree is unlocked by default when you reach Classical Era. Is it supposed to be like that?

There was a one crash to desktop. I was playing as Maya in Bering Strait on normal speed when Aztec presented an empty request, which I couldn't accept. Then afterwards he declared a war on me. Two turns later the game crashes on Aztec's turn. I guess he was moving his Jaguar into my territory or something like that. I've included all the logs from that.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    45.8 KB · Views: 260
Registered to these forums just because of this mod pack. It's great and I will spend many, many hours with it. I've ran into some issues though.

Firstly, some questions and opinions. What's the reasoning behind percentage boost to production when a citizen is gained with some of the diplomatic buildings? Just a random buff mod author wanted to include? Is it enhanced bureaucracy (would be funny considering the Civil Service tech quote)? This one's a flavor issue for me, but I was just wondering.

I'm not a big fan of this Wonder Race notification. I feel it takes away almost all the tension from the wonder building, ya know?

Then the other issues. Great Diplomat tile improvements don't increase votes in the World Congress. Is there a technology requirement for that?

Also, it says that they couldn't be able to be built on resources, but if that resource is hidden (i.e. not having sufficient technologies to see it) you can build the improvement on top of it. Why couldn't embassies interact with resources like every other GP improvement?

Sometimes Barbarian Great Generals just hang around next to their encampment without any units providing protection.

Patronage social policy tree is unlocked by default when you reach Classical Era. Is it supposed to be like that?

There was a one crash to desktop. I was playing as Maya in Bering Strait on normal speed when Aztec presented an empty request, which I couldn't accept. Then afterwards he declared a war on me. Two turns later the game crashes on Aztec's turn. I guess he was moving his Jaguar into my territory or something like that. I've included all the logs from that.
If you have questions/suggestions to the mods civaddiction took from my modpack, you should contact me instead (at least if civaddiction took them unchanged and I changed them e.g. barbarian immersion mod).

I can answer 3 things I guess:
1) Barbarian Immersion (Barbarian generals):
A question first: Do you really mean, the generals stand next to the camp, or do they stand in a camp, but without another barbarian unit?
The mod itself does not change the behaviour of barbarians, so they should not leave the camp empty. But the Community Patch or in case of my modpack, the smart AI mod could do this ... I think we need some tests, if it also happens without those AI changes. (so someone has to play a game only with "barbarian immersion" mod active (without any modpacks) and see if it also happens.
edit:
but... even if this test would show that it is done by the AI mods, there is not much we can do, because this is mostly done by DLL changes and there are only a few people that are skilled enough to make DLL changes (and there only should be as less as possible different DLLs since you can only have one active at the same time)

2) Wonder race: Civaddiction added this mod first. After it I added it to my modpack, too, but slightly changed. In my modpack you don't get the info, who is winning the race. You only get the info if any other player is building this wonder.
I think this is a good compromise. If other users are the same opionion, maybe civaddiction also adds those changes.

3) About Great Diplomant: This is not in my pack, but civaddiction already wrote that he plans to remove them, because of many bugs...
@ civaddiction: Just in case you did not know: You could take a look at the xml file of the improvement. There is a value you can set, so it can be build on ressources. Just use the same values like the ones from other great improvements.

@ civaddiction:
I know why "Units - Multiple Upgrades" does not work. It is because you choose the upgrade via a pop up. And pop ups does not work in multiplayer since they deal only with "active player".
I don't know how the normal pop ups in the unmodded game do this (e.g send gold to a city state is also done via a pop up and it works in multiplayer).
So we have two possibilities:
1) Find out how it is done by game pop ups and do it this way.
2) Find other ways to choose. E.g in my city expansion mod I made automatic or manual expansion choosable by a new building (which can be identified by all human players, if it is build in a city or not, so active player is not needed). Maybe you can imagine something simular for this Upgrade mod?

I meant that generals actually stand next to the camp.
next to the camp? hmm.. that does not happen in my modpack, there it only happens that a general is in a camp, but without another protecting unit.

the only strange thing in your log about barbarians:
[13284.062] BarbarianCampPopup: Barbarian Inmersion Era Changes Active
[13284.062] BarbarianCampPopup: Barbarian Inmersion Era Promotion Changes Active
[13284.062] BarbarianCampPopup: Barbarian Inmersion Era Changes Active
[13284.062] BarbarianCampPopup: Barbarian Inmersion Era Promotion Changes Active
that it is called twice, while it should only be once... maybe this is the reason, but for now I can't imagine how this would lead to this bug.

About your crashing problem, in the log are two runtime error, one about the ressource generator and one about Cultural Diversity... and:
[13289.257] LeaderHeadRoot: Could not find discussing player!
is also a hint , regarding the bug, that you were not able to accept the request.

Okay, these are the things civaddiction should take a look on.

Could it be caused by 'No More Civilian Traffic Jams' as they're civilians and because it causes some erratic sort of AI behavior? It also appears that it's not included in your mod pack, Serp, so it could be a possible culprit.

Could it be caused by 'No More Civilian Traffic Jams' as they're civilians and because it causes some erratic sort of AI behavior? It also appears that it's not included in your mod pack, Serp, so it could be a possible culprit.
Hmm.. could be...
I you want to test more, you could copy paste some mods from the modpack folder into your MODS folder and enable the ones that could be responsible for bugs (and remove the modpack while testing)

Beware that it could be, that some mods are modified that way, that they do not work without other mods of the pack.
But I think it should be okay, to activate Community Patch + Barbarian Immersion + No Trafic Jams.
Also try it without the trafic jam mod.

Hmm.. could be...
I you want to test more, you could copy paste some mods from the modpack folder into your MODS folder and enable the ones that could be responsible for bugs (and remove the modpack while testing)

Beware that it could be, that some mods are modified that way, that they do not work without other mods of the pack.
But I think it should be okay, to activate Community Patch + Barbarian Immersion + No Trafic Jams.
Also try it without the trafic jam mod.

Couldn't reproduce the barbarian great general behaviour with those mods. I guess it's some weird combination of loads of mods which cause the effect to appear. At least the bug isn't game breaking.

Thanks for your effort in creating this modpack and making it available for us to use. I do have a question due to incompatibilities though.

Exactly which mods that are included here aren't compatible with EUI, other than the one listed previously? I'd like to try removing those mods and adding EUI to this pack for my own use, because many of the improvements made by EUI have become absolutely necessary in my opinion, and I would likely much rather have that than the other mods that aren't compatible with EUI.

Or, might it be easier to start from Serp's modpack and add some from here to that rather than removing mods and adding EUI to this?

Thanks for your effort in creating this modpack and making it available for us to use. I do have a question due to incompatibilities though.

Exactly which mods that are included here aren't compatible with EUI, other than the one listed previously? I'd like to try removing those mods and adding EUI to this pack for my own use, because many of the improvements made by EUI have become absolutely necessary in my opinion, and I would likely much rather have that than the other mods that aren't compatible with EUI.

Or, might it be easier to start from Serp's modpack and add some from here to that rather than removing mods and adding EUI to this?

The problem with EUI is that it has overlapping LUA with many of the mods I added including CSD, Health and Plague, C4DF, and ExCE (and some others). The way EUI's LUA is written is completely different in some of the files and thus difficult to attempt to merge. If you have some experience with XML and LUA, perhaps you can do it. Use notepad++ to compare and add the relevant bits to the LUA that does load. Usually this is the last mod you select to load when making the modpack, but I found out this isn't always the case. I have set print statements for all relevant LUA so you can see which loads in the LUA log file when starting up a game.

There is one other way. You make a full Community Patch modpack using the CP base, CBP, CSD, C4DF, and EUI compatibility files from the CP install thread. You will lose Health and Plague but gain EUI (also, some Whoward mods may be unnecessary as Community Patch has incorporated many of them). I've tried this a long time ago and unfortunately MPMPM couldn't make a functioning modpack with CBP. Since then, however, someone about a month or two ago did make a full community patch modpack, but reading through the thread, it sounded like it had almost constant desyncing problems.

As far as making my modpack multiplayer compatible, I believe that ExCE is the problem as the earlier iterations of it were compatible, but seemingly lost that compatibility when I added ExCE. I believe v1.3 is multiplayer compatible as this was that last version before I added ExCE

New version up. Should be back to being multiplayer compatible. I removed ExCE but included Kesler's JFD Civ Pack. I am not certain of this but there appears to be some civs that utilize dialog boxes to make choices -- for example the Wood to Brick trait for Poland now lets you choose to hurry Production in a city of your choice after adopting a new Social Policy. Given what we know about dialog boxes in multiplayer, this may cause a desync but I haven't been able to test that out.

hey :) maybe you already saw it in my thread, but the shoshones also causes a desync.

It is because whowards DLL. I guess he build a new pop up for choosing Goody hut reward or simular and as we know, this does not work in multiplayer.
Unfortunately neither whoward nor Gazebo are answering my questions about this -.-

Because of this also the "GoodyHutChoice" mod does not work.

so 1.6 should work on multiplayer so long as no one plays as the shoshones ?

Well, I realized after I added Kesler's JFD Civs Pack that some Civs have traits that utilize a dialog box (like JFD's updated Poland). When an active player in a multiplayer game selects a choice in-game in a dialog box, it could cause a desync. If it does bear out that these new civs are causing desyncing problems, I will have to comb through all of JFD's civs for every civ that utilizes in game dialog boxes for certain traits. I haven't done that yet as there were a ton of new civs, modified old civs, and I didn't realize it until after I had built the modpack. So instead of not putting anything out here, I decided to go ahead and put the new pack up. Let me know if you encounter any desyncing from dialog boxes by telling me which civ was responsible. Thanks!

Yea me and 2 friends tried to play and it worked but we got a pop up about boosting production and I think after that we desynced we were Poland hitler and Elizabeth (redcoat unit) we realised we desynced 10 turns later when 2 of us had great library

Top Bottom