CivAddiction’s Multiplayer Modpack – CP+CSD+C4DF+Serp’s+And More!

Civaddiction, thanks for the great modding here. The game is more stable without the exploration pack (1.71), however I found a weird bug - sorry if someone else posted about it before:

Playing the Zulus at the moment and I'm receiving a brand new spearman each time I load the game. :) Any thoughts?

EDIT: There's an additional issue - the next turn after loading game, all units also receive an amount of XP.

To correlate with the above: 1. You load the game-> A spearman instantly spawns near capital. 2. First time you hit next turn after loading game -> that spearman and all other units receive XP points.

Thank you,
Murfatlar

Thankyou, I have confirmed this glitch on my end. No idea what's causing it however as there doesn't appear to be any free spearman traits.

I haven't played Civ 5 in two years and decided to try this mod rather than get the new Space Civ (beyond Earth?) game. This. Mod. Is. Amazing. As far as I'm concerned, this modpack is the next expansion pack after BNW. Hats off to you and all the individual modders.

I haven't played Civ 5 in two years and decided to try this mod rather than get the new Space Civ (beyond Earth?) game. This. Mod. Is. Amazing. As far as I'm concerned, this modpack is the next expansion pack after BNW. Hats off to you and all the individual modders.

I appreciate it! I've been playing Civ V with these mods for so long I honestly forgot how bad the stock is :D

Hey,
first of all, thanks for the great mod pack, I really love your compilation.

However, I experienced a few bugs:
- at some point, one of the new songs played again and again with no way to stop or skip it
- the policy texts didnt seem to be adjusted, they were all vanilla. maybe that's because i play in german, i didn't try changing the language to english
- the Civ IV leader traits didnt seem to work, i couldn't see any of the symbols next to a leader name

But most of all, during a multiplayer game with my brother, my game (I was host) crashed at around turn 127. We were able to play one more turn after clearing the cache and reloading the game, but the game crashed again the next turn. The next try we only had a desync; after the loading screen we could play again for one more turn before it crashed again. I couldn't figure out the problem, since the game always crashed during turnover, so i guess none of our actions caused the crash.

I'd gladly send you the savegame if you want to have a look into it.

Hey,
first of all, thanks for the great mod pack, I really love your compilation.

However, I experienced a few bugs:
- at some point, one of the new songs played again and again with no way to stop or skip it
- the policy texts didnt seem to be adjusted, they were all vanilla. maybe that's because i play in german, i didn't try changing the language to english
- the Civ IV leader traits didnt seem to work, i couldn't see any of the symbols next to a leader name

But most of all, during a multiplayer game with my brother, my game (I was host) crashed at around turn 127. We were able to play one more turn after clearing the cache and reloading the game, but the game crashed again the next turn. The next try we only had a desync; after the loading screen we could play again for one more turn before it crashed again. I couldn't figure out the problem, since the game always crashed during turnover, so i guess none of our actions caused the crash.

I'd gladly send you the savegame if you want to have a look into it.

Hmm, well it's true I didn't modify any of the German (or any other language besides English) xml files. This probably would result in incorrect text throughout the game. This could be related to the CTDs. Try playing the game in English and see if you get the same errors. I just played a multiplayer game with 350+ turns and although there was two or three max CTDs, we could always recover from it (with the person who went CTD just rejoining the game.) I'll add a comment on the first post about only playing in English.

Edit:
As far as the Civ IV Leader Traits, it appears in my test games and its effects are felt. Again, could be related to the language issue
As far as the music, I'll have to look into that more. Does it occurs after the game has been up awhile? Have you installed the Soundpack Files? Does the Music Changer button work? Does it only happen on a specific civ?

@ civaddiction:

I also have one report about CTD in my thread. But I have no clue how to find out the reason for a CTD, because nothing can be found in the logs and we can't analze this dump file. =/
Do you know a way?

Unfortunately no. I don't know if CTDs can be completely eliminated, or just kept to a minimum of two or three per game (350+ turns). When it happens in my modpack and I'm playing a multiplayer game, the person who CTDs can just come right back into the game no problem. I have had reports of people experiencing errors coming back in after a CTD but I haven't had those issues on my end. It may be that people are playing the game in another language as indicated above and that could be causing an issue.

Just curious about what your future plans are for the modpack?

While I'm probably not going to be adding any additional mods to the modpack in the near future, I've been in touch with Lynnes here on Civfanatics who is working on an even larger modpack. I'm interested in seeing what he comes up with. In addition, Gazebo of Community Patch is also working on getting that multiplayer compatible so if that works, I may migrate to a more fully Community Patch/Balance Patch integrated mod. Nothing set in stone yet though.

Is anyone working on fixing the bug where AI players cannot propose deals to human players in multiplayer? JaiiDerHerr made a fix for it in this mod but unfortunately his source code is closed so it's not possible to combine his work with that of any other DLL mods.

Is anyone working on fixing the bug where AI players cannot propose deals to human players in multiplayer? JaiiDerHerr made a fix for it in this mod but unfortunately his source code is closed so it's not possible to combine his work with that of any other DLL mods.

According to Serp over in the MPMPM thread:
JaiderHerr is working to make his mod compatible to CP. So maybe in a year or so, you will have active AI there ;)

I wish that guy would just post his source code somewhere...

Google Drive Link to the Soundfiles does not work.

Other Version 1.7 GB from Mega requires encryption code.

Cant i play this without these soundfiles? i dont need music anyway?

That big music file needs to go here? d:\Games\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\Mods\JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) (v 2)\ because i get better results in music there, like in d:\Games\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\Mods\

It would be nice to specify this. Great work this multiplayer mod its really awesome! Thanks

Hope that diplomacy AI to human will get fixed somehow

Archers (and maybe other ranged units as well) display an incorrect range when ranged attack is selected. This is purely cosmetic as it does not affect where the ranged unit can actually attack.

Do you have any idea which mod is causing this, and what possible workarounds could be?

Choosing a great person upon completing the Liberty Tree will cause a desync in multiplayer

That does not happen in vanilla, right? :think:
So is it the same issue as with the Shoshone Pathfinder, that the popups were somehow changed in the modified DLL?

Do you have any idea which mod is causing this, and what possible workarounds could be?

I don't know what is causing that issue, but its been a problem since the first few iterations of the modpack so it must be one of the original mods.

That does not happen in vanilla, right? :think:
So is it the same issue as with the Shoshone Pathfinder, that the popups were somehow changed in the modified DLL?

Yes, exactly. It is a result of the modified DLL.

So how is your modpack coming along?

I see, so the best bet would be to download 1.3 and compare what is causing this?
Or is there another (older) version, that is more "original"? :D

Oh I still have to iron out some minor issues, but so far everything works, thanks! :)

I don't know what is causing that issue, but its been a problem since the first few iterations of the modpack so it must be one of the original mods.

Global - City Bombard Range is the culprit. ;)

I guess it's based on an old, pre-BNW Bombardment.lua.

Global - City Bombard Range is the culprit. ;)

I guess it's based on an old, pre-BNW Bombardment.lua.

Nice detective work. I wonder if I pull the files from Community Balance Patch version if it'll fix the problem

There is a change in the CBP version in the bombardment.lua
local NO_DIRECTION = -1 has been changed to local NO_DIRECTION = 7

Edit: changing the bombardment.lua in three locations where NO_DIRECTION = -1 to NO_DIRECTION = 7 fixes the problem!

Top Bottom