A decade of Civ IV - Thank you!

Played Civ IV for at least 8 years now. Played Civ V twice.

Same for me: played CIV-II and III and am still playing CIV-IV happily...

bought and tried CIV-V... and have played CIV-IV again ever since...;-)

Thanks a lot for my absolute favourite game!

I played Civ IV for years and enjoyed it immensely. I downloaded Civ V, it was kinda-sorta okay in a beta game way, got patches and upgrades, but didn't get any more enjoyment out of the game. So I went back to Civ IV. I haven't touched Civ V in over a year. I've just reached the Renaissance in my Civ IV (Realism Invictus) game.

Wow, hard to believe it's been 10 years. In that time my son grew up (I originally bought it "for us") and I'm still trying to beat Monarch consistently! :)

It's amusing how I've always this feeling that Civ4 was released "rather recently" - like 2010 or 2011 now.
I really have to stumble upon such thread to realize just how old the game is. It just doesn't get old.

Love, Civ4, for being the very best in a (near) flawless serie, and the countless hours you stole !

Been on Civ 4 since 2009. Spending time on Fall from Heaven 2. Wonderful, but stupid AI again.
Once you master magic and manage to save your best fighters, you become a bulldozer.

Been on Civ 4 since 2009. Spending time on Fall from Heaven 2. Wonderful, but stupid AI again.
Once you master magic and manage to save your best fighters, you become a bulldozer.

Have you tried the More Naval AI modmod? Its whole point is to improve the AI. In fact I would recommend the Magistermod, which itself is a modmod of More Naval AI.

I've already the 3rd generation of computers in the in the lifespan of this game.
that says everything.

Have you tried the More Naval AI modmod? Its whole point is to improve the AI. In fact I would recommend the Magistermod, which itself is a modmod of More Naval AI
I love you too. If I search in the downloads under Naval AI, will I get the thing?
Thank you anyway. I want this one.

I've already the 3rd generation of computers in the in the lifespan of this game
I started Civ with a 286 AMSTRAD and 20M Hard drive.

I love you too. If I search in the downloads under Naval AI, will I get the thing?
Thank you anyway. I want this one.

Go here for MNAI or here for Magistermod.

Do those mods make the AI attack the enemy's cities during wars?

Probably? I do know from experience that the AI in MNAI can be ridiculously aggressive, so much so as attacking you with two warriors and one adept if you have a newly founded city on their border defending by only a single warrior.

Probably? I do know from experience that the AI in MNAI can be ridiculously aggressive, so much so as attacking you with two warriors and one adept if you have a newly founded city on their border defending by only a single warrior.

Sounds good. Maybe I'll give FFH2 another go.

This is by far the game i put the most hours into not including FFXI. I had to have atleast 2k hours in my cracked version. I'm not sure what caused me to dl it through steam, but it was the best however many dollers i spent on it in terms of fun/doller spent value I am over 1k hours in the steam version now. Piracy in this case helped me support this franchise. The only reason i bought BE and its expansion was to support 2k games l will never install or play it anyways.

Definitely my 2nd most favorite game of all time based on hours played. I have bought atleast 5-6 copies for various friends which i have a lot of fun playing with every couple months or so. When i started i played only on monarch and won maybe 20% of my games, now i can win 50% of them on immortal. Its been a fantastic 8 years for me. Hopefully in another 8 i might be a diety level player.

Word of advice, you might not want to mention privateering on the virtual sea in any shape and/or form in this forum.

This is by far the game i put the most hours into not including FFXI. I had to have atleast 2k hours in my cracked version. I'm not sure what caused me to dl it through steam, but it was the best however many dollers i spent on it in terms of fun/doller spent value I am over 1k hours in the steam version now. Piracy in this case helped me support this franchise. The only reason i bought BE and its expansion was to support 2k games l will never install or play it anyways.

Definitely my 2nd most favorite game of all time based on hours played. I have bought atleast 5-6 copies for various friends which i have a lot of fun playing with every couple months or so. When i started i played only on monarch and won maybe 20% of my games, now i can win 50% of them on immortal. Its been a fantastic 8 years for me. Hopefully in another 8 i might be a diety level player.

Got mine through Steam recently, if only to track my hours played. I'm over 1,400 hours. God knows how many I have for my retail copy.

Top Bottom