5400 Gold Per Turn From 1 City

King RustBubble

Chieftain
I had completed all the achievements except the 200 resource per turn and decided to play the Americans on Chieftain level.

After dominating every nation there was just one other city left that was not owned by me and it was the Arab capital so I just set up Pikemen all round it.

I then set up a city in the hilliest and most productive area I could find and sent loads of settlers in to it from all my other cities till I got it to the max size of 31. I then changed the government to Communism and got the production up to 238 and finally got the achievement.

Then I wonder how much gold and science I could produce so I changed to Democracy and I got some 5400 gold per turn and 844 science per turn.

I got some nice overall stats too, 2511 science per turn, 7210 gld per turn and 1136 culture per turn.

Max Production I Got:

Max Gold I Got:

Max Science I Got:

Best Overall I Got:

The funniest thing I did was I had built the nuke and I didn't want a domination victory and only having the one Arab capital left couldn't hit them with it. Sooooooooo, I found a friendly village on a small island and......... Bye.

5400 gpt... that's nice. :)

You actually can nuke that Arab capital... Nuking someone doesn't automatically cause war in CivRev, as the victim doesn't seem to know who dropped the nuke.

PS: Welcome to the forums! :wavey:

Cheers for the welcome Thuderfall.

Didn't know that about nuking them, however every square around there capital was blue and I didn't want a domination victory and thus didn't want to risk converting it after nuking it. Not even sure if you can convert a capital city.

I have noticed though I was getting the 5400 gpt without even having the workers set to gold, the pic shows them set to production. So it could have been higher!!

Gratz on the achievement, i have yet to be patient enough to go for it.

As for converting a capital city im pretty sure that it cant be done. As far as i understand it capital cities have two very special qualities.

1.) Not totally destroyed if Nuked, just population reduced to 1 and all buildings and units inside are now gone. Its still there however, as pethetic as it would be after a nukeing.
and 2.) Cannot be taken Via culture. Whether it be with a great person or just by out produceing them in culture.

Still kinda new, anyone verify that?

Gratz on the achievement, i have yet to be patient enough to go for it.

As for converting a capital city im pretty sure that it cant be done. As far as i understand it capital cities have two very special qualities.

1.) Not totally destroyed if Nuked, just population reduced to 1 and all buildings and units inside are now gone. Its still there however, as pethetic as it would be after a nukeing.
and 2.) Cannot be taken Via culture. Whether it be with a great person or just by out produceing them in culture.

Still kinda new, anyone verify that?

Ok, I am not 100% positive on this, but could someone please verify the name of the Mongols Capital? Im pretty sure I had a game in which flipped the mongol capital (after the mongols were already out of the game and was owned by another civ) with a great person.

Ok, I am not 100% positive on this, but could someone please verify the name of the Mongols Capital? Im pretty sure I had a game in which flipped the mongol capital (after the mongols were already out of the game and was owned by another civ) with a great person.

You can flip capitals if they're not owned by the original civ. I'm not sure if you can nuke them out of existence though; that'd be an interesting way to kill a civ's chances (if they're still around but just missing their capital)

You can not flip original capitals (like Paris for the French or Rome for the Romans) still owned by their civilizations. You can however, flip a relocated capital. I.e. you capture Rome, then the new Roman capital is, say, Attium: you can convert it. You can also convert Rome if it has been captured, and is still owned, by, say, the French.

If going for nuking the capital in your case above, remember to remove your ring of pikemen from the immediate vicinity of the capital just before you nuke it, otherwise your pikemen will die on the spot.

If going for nuking the capital in your case above, remember to remove your ring of pikemen from the immediate vicinity of the capital just before you nuke it, otherwise your pikemen will die on the spot.

They are? I thought that they were just reduced to 1 (individuals) or 3 (armies) if they were around the area....

They are killed, i did that once, seiged a city and nuked it. Didn't care to much about losing my units as i just fired the nuke to test it (had already won the game with spaceship and a well defended own capital)

Top Bottom