Going beyond year 3000?

Eambo

Chieftain
Firstly sorry for any poor grammar I'm typing this on PS3. Is there any way to stop the game ending in year 3000 and just play on until everyone is destroyed?

Welcome to the forums, Eambo! :beer:

I don't think there is a way to extend the game, no, and the developers have made it sound like they have no intention of making it so you can. I guess they figure that at least one of the victory conditions should be achievable by the end of the game's time limit.

It stops at 2100 A.D. :(

Yeah I just noticed that today X-D

Well that's a shame Ginger_Ale, I doubt I'm the only person who spends a lot of time developing techs and not attacking, then I get a message saying I have 5 turns left and I panic =-P I wish they would implement it, just a domination only mode where you have to destroy every last person on the map to win =-P But thanks for the info at least now I know it isn't possible =-(

Good grief. How hard would it have been for the programmers to include the option of continuing a game past its "official" expiration date? Sheesh. Apparently console owners simply *cannot* handle a more complex version of Civilization, huh? (That's sarcasm, folks, just in case you were wondering.)

Gatekeeper

Yeah, and to counter the "but you can always easily win before 2100 A.D."
I want to play past the Victory Condition... I want to explore other techs afte I have dominated, I wand to build and get multiple mega cities.

I want to play past the Victory Condition... I want to explore other techs afte I have dominated, I wand to build and get multiple mega cities.

Yeah, exactly the reason I want to have this too - I like to explore everything, conquer everyone, expand to the extent where I COMPLETELY Dominate - not just take their capital cities >.>

I have a safe file just before i won the pre 1000ad domination acheivment and looking forward to exploring the world on my own, keeping the last rival city under seige as I populate the world. Hopefully I might get the 200 Resource acheivment from it.

There are some scenarios that allow you to go past the time time limit. I can't remember which ones though.

Yeah, exactly the reason I want to have this too - I like to explore everything, conquer everyone, expand to the extent where I COMPLETELY Dominate - not just take their capital cities >.>

the entire game is so small the vast majority of map will be explored and popoluated by cities way before the games end date

i find it very easy to have pretty much the whole world explored whatever strategy i choose

I've just hit the year 3000 mark about 3 moves too soon for my world bank to be built.

I had already wiped out 3 of the 4 enemies. I nuked the forth one previously so his city was tiny and i had completely surrounded it by battleships, tanks and artillery. They couldnt go anywhere.

I've already completed this 'tier' via domination twice (once accidental!), cultural and tech. I've also won all four on the next 'tier' and one on the third 'tier'. All i was trying to do was fill in the blank on the easiest level and thought i would go for uber cities with everything possible, get all the artifacts or whatever they are called and send my maxed out space station on its way just before the world bank was complete. I wanted to try to beat churchill on the end game ranking as ive only managed 2nd.

I could have won an economic war ages ago but i was rushing all the works to get my cities and space station up..... then i get the warning that the game wil end in 5 turns. I moved every city to max gold production had the world bank wonder on max production within 2 turns. I was only three more away from the victory i wanted! Then it ends! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Four hours down the drain :nuke:

Good grief. How hard would it have been for the programmers to include the option of continuing a game past its "official" expiration date? Sheesh. Apparently console owners simply *cannot* handle a more complex version of Civilization, huh? (That's sarcasm, folks, just in case you were wondering.)

Gatekeeper

I agree. I guess they didn't realize that many long-time Civ fans could also play games on consoles? It seems to be a rather elitist attitude on the part of Sid, IMHO.

Rev is not a bad game, but it could be so much better.

The 3,000 year is probably on one of the scenarios (not the standard game).

Either way, as much as I would like to continue to game past the time limit, just for kicks, I would like to have a few fixes - such as assigning no production (and maybe even a queue list) so that I don't have pop-ups every turn. Oh yeah, same with the "You can build the World Bank/UN" pop-ups. There should be an option to turn that off.

All achievable within the time limit on any difficulty.

I like the time limit because of the way it forces me to play...plus, the game starts seems to bog down quite a bit around year 2000 anyway, especially when you start cranking out units. For example, I had about 20 cities pumping out 2 to 3 units each every turn couple nights ago, and it keep freezing up on me. I think it was a well balanced design decision to keep the game running well.

Thats when the world ends a nice big round number. Who wants to join my cult? Free coolade oohhh

Top Bottom