Uomo Universalis

Ok.I`ve tried it this way, but map not show up in menu.In Discovery Map this option is disabled.;)Please send me this file.

Having a lot of fun playing with your mod pack, even if i can't get UU:Civs to work.
Anyway, one problem I encountered is Triumpal Arch won't building up. If it took three turns to be built up it ends at third turn letting it in list of building availables.

[...] even if i can't get UU:Civs to work.
If you send me your Database.log file after trying UU:Civs I can have a look to see what goes wrong. For a next version I plan to lump it together with UU:Base, so that might just solve the problem.

Anyway, one problem I encountered is Triumpal Arch won't building up. If it took three turns to be built up it ends at third turn letting it in list of building availables.
Checked and confirmed. Thanks for reporting :) It used to work, but it seems the logic behind Building_PrereqBuildingClasses somehow went awry. It's as if someone tried to simplify things but messed up. I tried to program it myself in lua, but was stopped by the prerequisite check only triggering at the beginning of a turn, while it should also trigger at build order changes.

Anyway, I'm thinking of making a new prerequisite: if you kill a civilization or city state, one of your cities (from first to last) is allowed to build an arch. Will boost their power. It may be a nice incentive to make kills, which is now strongly discouraged for diplomacy reasons.

I had several issues with the latest version in my test game:

1. The game did not recognize routes between the capital and other cities
2. CSs never offered a single quest
3. The AI sent workers when attacking

:eek: That sounds messed up. I have honestly never seen anything like that. Any chance it's some conflict with the cache or another mod?

No problem ;) It's, as you probably guessed, just UU:Base. I wanted to tap into the following of BMF, which did rather well on the mod browser. Will update the BMF topic in the near future.

The next step is the separate release of the civilizations as a few "Fill The Map" mods (no inspiration for a fancy name). Uomo Universalis will then be the combined package of all these mods. The "please download elsewhere" concept seems detrimental for the mod browser user base.

Checked and confirmed. Thanks for reporting :) It used to work, but it seems the logic behind Building_PrereqBuildingClasses somehow went awry. It's as if someone tried to simplify things but messed up. I tried to program it myself in lua, but was stopped by the prerequisite check only triggering at the beginning of a turn, while it should also trigger at build order changes.

I forgot to attach a screenshot about another strange behavior. As you know it requires courthouses, depending on map size: well, these three cities are mine from beginning. And in all of other cities I conquered and annexed I built up a courthouse. What it's strange is the fact that pre-requisites tend to change every turn, one turn it requires another courthouse, one turn later it requires three courthouses without specifing which are the cities need them, two turn later it's again one courthouse (and again, what's strange it's a city I didn't annexed but let as puppet).

Anyway, I'm thinking of making a new prerequisite: if you kill a civilization or city state, one of your cities (from first to last) is allowed to build an arch. Will boost their power. It may be a nice incentive to make kills, which is now strongly discouraged for diplomacy reasons.

It would be nice to let it buildable only on annexed/conquered city, like a monument which remembers the "Freedom day from oppressing power". :p

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 91
If you send me your Database.log file after trying UU:Civs I can have a look to see what goes wrong. For a next version I plan to lump it together with UU:Base, so that might just solve the problem.

[1611.958] constraint failed
[1611.958] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[1624.110] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[1625.046] Passed Validation.
[1625.592]
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 295672 3507680
PageCache: 3865 4982
LookAside: 45 1864
Scratch: 0 1

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 0 3120400
Scratch: 0 0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc: 65280
PageCache: 1160
Scratch: 6640

Prepared Statements:
Current: 5
------------------------------

Hope it helps!

Hm definitely not working as supposed to. Good thing I changed it. Also, interesting screenshot; I guess when victory is within reach all those new buildings don't matter eh.

edit: thanks for the log! Nothing fishy in there... Next release of UU (some time next week) will see the two parts merged; should rule out any compatibility (sequence, cache, whatever) problems. For now the updated first part is available as BMF.

It would be nice to let it buildable only on annexed/conquered city, like a monument which remembers the "Freedom day from oppressing power".
That could also work, but it's more tricky. Building implies no puppet, and I'd like to keep that decision solely on the current factors. I had already programmed it as initially described before your reply and put it in the new BMF. I thought it would be rewarding to be allowed to build it by your own people. Screenshot:

Attachments

• totvic.jpg
    totvic.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 310
The next step is the separate release of the civilizations as a few "Fill The Map" mods (no inspiration for a fancy name).

I suggest you check out 'Terra Novus' which I recall CivOasis mentioned to you. Terra Novus is essentially a collaboration effort for a global Fill the Map mod, the mod 'Zambezi' focuses primarily on Africa and filling the continent, as well as mods for other world regions

Yes, that's true. Now, "Fill the Map" will in fact contain nothing new, just the civs I have already, slammed on an existing map for conceptual glue. It's part of my current drive to push all my work out there, as accessible as possible. After that the only updates will be maintenance.
I am planning another long trip in some months and have decided not to do solo projects any more after I get back. I'll look at Terra Novus (you know the Latin is incorrect, right?) to join the discussion, and contribute when I've organized my stuff :)

How about changing Austria's trait's name to "Habsburg Heritage"? Just "Heritage" sounds too bland and generic for a unique ability :(
Agreed. Will change this!

We heard about the Latin long ago.

Anyways, yes, we're doing, effectively "fill the map", with the goal of making lesser-represented regions more interesting.

I don't think we have anyone who can do lua yet, though.

I got the hint ;) Seems like a good project to move on to! (and sorry if I was rude pointing at the mistake)

Top Bottom