Endgame Q; Science or Gold?

vypernight

Warlord
I'm trying to increase my rank at the end of the game, having all but demolished my opponents. Now my cities are building like crazy since it seems like buildings contribute to my final score. My question is, if I want a higher score, should I set most of my cities (the ones who don't benefit one way or another) to focus on Science or Gold? Do I try to get as many techs as possible before the game ends, or do I go for most $? Thanks in advance.

I go science until I get the techs that I want, then I switch everything over to gold. Also, use Democracy (while you're saving gold or increasing your score, for the bonus) and then when you decide to win (if not by Domination) then the gold rush will help you build any buildings you missed along the way and mass produce units for O/D.

Your score is mostly determined by your population. Some minor influence comes from how much culture you are outputting (probably because it means you own more of the landmass), but the key to a high score is tons of high population cities.

Top Bottom