Domination Victory In One Turn?

Spymaster

Chieftain
I'm playing on a huge Pangea map with 11 other Civs and I'm losing badly. I saw online that it's possible to win a domination victory with XCOM squads in one-turn by taking all the capitals at once. How is this possible? How hard is this to pull off?

Where did you see this online? Why not ask there?

I have never come close to pulling it off, but in theory it is straightforward. You need 44+ paratroopers, 11 nuclear subs, and 11 nuclear missiles. But if you have that kind of capacity, why have you not already won? It takes a couple of turns. You also need line of sight on the 11 caps, which hopefully the subs+ spies can provide. This might not be possible on a huge map because XCOM drop range is limited.

T-2: Unlock Nanotechnology, upgrade the 44+ paratroopers to XCOM.
T-1: DOW and drop your 11 nukes on 11 caps. Drop 4+ XCOM per cap. (XCOM cannot attack on the turn they drop unless they have the Blitz promotion.)
T0: Each group of 4+ XCOM takes a cap. If the AI has tech parity, 4 XCOM per city is probably not quite enough. Or maybe the city assault takes a couple of turns.

With IGE, all things are possible. Technically every victory is won in 1 turn though right? 300 to prepare, 1 to win.

If you have the capability to win in 1 turn, you have the capability to win a SV. The only reason to pull that off is to want to get a domination instead of science. In order to do that you need to have pre built paratroopers first. Also I would've built Stealth Bombers in addition to nuclear missiles. The reason is the huge range SB got. The problem is you need a larger amount of SB. Also you don't actually have to capture every capital at once, if you have a way to avoid city from being recaptured which is easy if you have stealth bombers.

Top Bottom