Israel Mod for Civ 5

Thanks for the imformation but i still think those other choices you mentioned are much better choices I think I would most like to see Maryanus

Edit: also mangoelephant jews don't worship jesus. were fine with him but we don't believe he was the messiah. this is the main differance between judaism and christianity

Well i could create a couple of jewish buildings, since essentially they have byzantine architecture :)

I saw your artwork, very nice!

Thanks for the imformation but i still think those other choices you mentioned are much better choices I think I would most like to see Maryanus

Edit: also mangoelephant jews don't worship jesus. were fine with him but we don't believe he was the messiah. this is the main differance between judaism and christianity

They are all just ideas right now. Thanks for the feedback. :)

It just seems pretty pointless. With UUs, you actually encounter them when fighting other civilizations, but with unique buildings it's something you only really encounter when you come to play those civs. I'd prefer development time goes into something else rather than a bunch of buildings that I will probably never encounter.

It's not like it's the biggest problem in the world and I'm not all that fussed. But you know. If you could fit in a couple of cool new global buildings and techs into the world at the expense of unique buildings I'd be happy.

Would you happen to have pics (preferably isometric, but others may do as well) of famous/interesting looking synagogues for me to model? :)
I am currently making the industrial era of my greek set, and the jewish element in post balkan wars, pre ww2 Greece was considerable, so i might include one there ;)

Well the Jews at the time called him their king, so he is a "leader", Messiah or not.

Well the Jews at the time called him their king, so he is a "leader", Messiah or not.

As the story goes, it's not the Jews who called him king, but Jesus who claimed to be the Messiah, which the Romans mocked by calling him "King of the Jews". Pilate inscribed this on his cross as a way of mocking the Jews, as well. The Jews asked the title to be changed, Pilate refused.

If you believe the Bible, anyway.

As the story goes, it's not the Jews who called him king, but Jesus who claimed to be the Messiah, which the Romans mocked by calling him "King of the Jews". Pilate inscribed this on his cross as a way of mocking the Jews, as well. The Jews asked the title to be changed, Pilate refused.

If you believe the Bible, anyway.

That wasn't Pilate, that was the jerks called Legionaries Praetorium

Unfortunately I am far too ignorant of the nation's history to answer the questions :) Although I think an ancient representation of the civilization would probably better reflect their historical influence.

yeah cause new Israel is lame

So, with that being said, name what you guys think should be included in a Israel mod?

1. Leaders?

2. Unique Buildings?

3. Unique Units?

4. Other ideas?[/QUOTE]

as leader i suggest the three patriarchs: Abraham, Jacob and Isaac! and maybe Saul hes one of the three kings who ruled the united kingdom of the twelve tribes!

there aren't any civs in civ 4 with a building that replaces the intelligence agency, so the mossad would actually be pretty cool. the macabee would be a pretty cool unit, but maybe they should replace something other than the swordsman, since there's already tons of things that do.
but anyway, the leaders for civ 5 are going to be different than in civ 4, so i'd hold off on traits. maybe they could specialize in something religious-based, though?

It's probable, then, it will be like CIII, with generic 'cathedrals' and 'temples'. Hence the synagogue.

A serious mod would be Ancient Israel.

For leaders I'd suggest: (1) Deborah: creative (Song of Deborah) and organized (she judged her people); and (2) David: creative (Psalms) and militaristic (fought many wars). If you wanted a later leader, maybe Yohanan Hycarnus or Shimon Bar Kochba

Buildings: cistern (replaces aqueduct -- cheaper to build & increased city defense). That is assuming you want a non-religious building that actually reflected Ancient Israel. The Israelite cisterns were one of the core factors that made Israelite cities so tough to conquer. They could hold enough water to last years.

Units: Maccabbee/Zealot. For a twist, I'd make them a swordsman that are 30% stronger WITHIN national borders, but just ordinary swordsmen in neutral or enemy territory.

Cities: stick to Ancient Israel. Jerusalem, Hebron, Beer Sheva, Shehem, Dan, Masada etc.

Great ideas coming in, I have added some of them to my list in #2 post.

I like the idea of centering around a Ancient Israel mod also, but what would we considered ancient Israel? Up until the destruction of the second Temple?

I do think that modern Israel elements should be included so that more changes could have an effect as the game progresses in time.

Top Bottom