[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Kael said:
The players would recognize and be able to tell you stories about most of the leaders and heroes that are in the mod.
There were actually saving throws against those Doviello attacks that take living unit and beat around with it?

Jopa - Sorry didn't mean to cut you off there. Do you want to help me? I can't start putting Q&A's till this evening. I don't know everything either....We can just take the questions people ask, the good ones, and post them along with their answers as they come along. If you want to start with the first 15 pages go ahead and post in the FAQ thread. I've asked that other people not post there, so it would just be you and me.

Beta test report, FfH 2.011b

Playing at prince with Luchuirp.

1) Mud golem replaces worker and cost 33% more. However, they don't cost food hence building this unit takes forever. This reduce the speed at which Luchuirp can enhance its economy (harvest ressources). Is this intended?
2) All worker actions appear twice in my tech tree
tech screen.JPG
3) I cannot build the axemen unit in a town with access to copper and has a barrack. Possible bug?

This game is unplayable at this point. Here's the save file.
View attachment 127564

Darthcycle - I don't think Luchuirp get Axemen as they use golems. I could be wrong though. And yeah, the mud golem cost really hampers their economy, but they grow via production instead of food so your cities keep growing while building them.

Speaking of Ancient Forrests.. I am guessing that the chance for one to grow may be a little too high. I have noticed that within 5-10 turns after I change to Fellowship, nearly 3/4 of my forrests have become Ancient forrests. usually within the first 2-3 turns, it is nearly half.

Kael mentioned Ancient Forrests would spread at a small percentage.. maybe the 3 games I have tried with , I beat all the odds.. but I would say that the chance for them to grow may be a bit too high right now.

More observations later I'm sure

Cheers!

BlazeRedSXT said:
Speaking of Ancient Forrests.. I am guessing that the chance for one to grow may be a little too high. I have noticed that within 5-10 turns after I change to Fellowship, nearly 3/4 of my forrests have become Ancient forrests. usually within the first 2-3 turns, it is nearly half.

Kael mentioned Ancient Forrests would spread at a small percentage.. maybe the 3 games I have tried with , I beat all the odds.. but I would say that the chance for them to grow may be a bit too high right now.

More observations later I'm sure

Cheers!

It used to be faster. :D

I agree that a small tone down would help again. Not much though.

Just wanted to say that from what I have seen so far I am very impressed with all your hard work.

I am having one problem though - when I run the mod, it only gives me 10 turns! (I think I saw this somewhere else as well... maybe in the FfH1 forum....)... suprise, suprise, when I run the FfH1 mod it also only gives me 10 turns....... doesnt happen with any other mod I play though....

Before you panic, I was running this on my laptop which has the NoCD running (before you all yell, yes I do own Civ4... and Civ3, PTW, Civ2 & Civ! - I just have a bad habit of ending up with cracked/scratched CD's, so this is my way of extending their life).

I'm curious, has anyone tried to install FfH2 over default civ (not as a mod, just copied over vanilla's files)? I was wondering if it was possible to do this in order to cut down load times (about 2 minutes on my computer). And if that's possible, is it also possible to install civ twice -- once for vanilla and once for FhH2? I just thought I'd see if someone else had tried it before I try and likely mess up my install badly :D

abman said:
I'm curious, has anyone tried to install FfH2 over default civ (not as a mod, just copied over vanilla's files)? I was wondering if it was possible to do this in order to cut down load times (about 2 minutes on my computer). And if that's possible, is it also possible to install civ twice -- once for vanilla and once for FhH2? I just thought I'd see if someone else had tried it before I try and likely mess up my install badly :D

If you want to try something like this put it in your custom Assets Folder first. That might do the same without possibly screwing your civ.

That will load the mod on start but it will still need copy all those files to cache. Placing it in the custom Assest should tell the game to keep those files cached ... theretical it is ... have not tried it myself..

Chalid said:
Yes you see only the Highscores that were archived with the currently loaded mod. Thats a Vanilla thing.

Well that stinks. My best score is from FfH v1.00f. Firaxis needs to fix that.:lol:

woodelf said:
It used to be faster. :D

I agree that a small tone down would help again. Not much though.

Its at 2% chance per turn right now, Ill drop it to 1%

Oldfrt said:
Just wanted to say that from what I have seen so far I am very impressed with all your hard work.

I am having one problem though - when I run the mod, it only gives me 10 turns! (I think I saw this somewhere else as well... maybe in the FfH1 forum....)... suprise, suprise, when I run the FfH1 mod it also only gives me 10 turns....... doesnt happen with any other mod I play though....

Before you panic, I was running this on my laptop which has the NoCD running (before you all yell, yes I do own Civ4... and Civ3, PTW, Civ2 & Civ! - I just have a bad habit of ending up with cracked/scratched CD's, so this is my way of extending their life).

I think thats a safty protection thing. The only people I have heard that have that are using nocd stuff. I dont know of any way around it except to use the cd.

abman said:

Its an interesting idea but I dont think it will reduce your load times. The game copies all the files into a cache directory when it loads, which would be the same if it come from the mod or main directories.

The beauty of the firaxis files is they compressed their art files so it copies much faster.

One problem I ran into -- I was tanking my economy because I had nothing to build that I needed, but there were no free alternatives.

I suppose you can always build units which you immediately disband, but it seems that there should always be some free, marginally helpful alternative like farming, to add +1 to food maybe.

I'm not entirely sure what happened, but as the elves I ended up with 3-4 treants appearing throughout my game. No complaints, as they helped me in some tight spots (as I imagine they're intended to), but they surprised me nonetheleast because I couldn't find the reason why they appeared the entire time. No pedia entry seemed to point it out as a civic trait, a state religion trait, a civ trait, or just a random occurance. Care to fill me in... I haven't seen anyone mention it yet. Thanks!

Top Bottom