Erebus

[ We are 7, wouldn't we just rent 3 rooms? I'm sure Tsanal wouldn't mind using whatever he's been using before they got to the town to sleep in, so he can just lie on the floor in one of the rooms. ]

[The mercenaries are with you, that makes 10

Wasn't there a woman among the mercenaries too? I'll share rooms with her then if she agrees.

Btw, Tsanal, were you sure of this or was it just a hypothesis?

"Now I see it! As Ken says, these dreams, which we all seems to have had, aren't specific enough to be the intended work of another mage. It could be that someone is subconsciously doing it, but my guess is that it isn't someone, but something! While for a mage to do it, he would have to be both extremely powerful and extremely mad, it could very well be that this area have previously been the battlefield in a war between mages, and that the spells still linger."

If you aren't sure, perhaps we should report our experiences to the local mage council? I suppose someone causing bad dreams would be breaking Amurite arcane law.

"I'm nowhere near sure," Tsanal says, "But if it is someone, I want to question them out before handing them over to the government. If we hand them over first, we'll never find out who they are, and they may hold some important information about the cultists.
I'll check if I can find anything about magical areas in this book. It's kinda odd though, I'd think I'd be able to remember such a place, in my own homeland. Well, my knowledge of geography has never been the best, do you remember anything Ken?"

[ Hint to DMs: Tell us if we should know it, or if I find anything in the books ]
What time of the day is it? If it's late, Tsanal will say they should go to bed, he'll set up the wards. All mercenaries need to be paired up with a member of the party, they haven't got any mindlink to check if the ward are still there.
If it's not late, Tsanal will go find the mage guild.

Tsanal, Ken and Mipe remember that the Amurites don't have a dominant religion and it's considered a personal matter which god one worships as long as they don't question the councils or spread outright devilry.

Tsanal doesn't remember the name Glorairine from anything, but he should have known it... until he remembers that it's on the Glory Coast, when the history of Jehoel and his companions springs to his mind:

Jehoel was one of the greatest warriors in the Age of Ice. He, Seth and Phul defended against the hordes of Mulcarn while Kylorin sneaked behind them and slew the god of Winter. The story of the battle of Nimarail, when the frostlings and the Illians crossed the lake from the north with the great white dragon Drifa. The Amurites were driven to the mountains west of where the city of Nimarail is now, and there they defended for twelve days, with terrible losses.

After that, Seth, Phul and Jehoel wanted a retreat, where they could live in peace for the rest of their lives without having to endure constant fighting. The winter's grip was loosened and the area known as Glory Coast was given to them, split in three parts for each of the brothers, and each one built a village in their own area. During that time the name Glory Coast was given, as three of the greatest heroes lived there.

When the winter finally ended, it appeared that Glorairine, Jehoel's town was in the best location for trade and agriculture, which became more important than hunting in a couple of decades. Thus it grew, and the two others became just villages, the names of which few remember. The descendants of Seth have been a bit annoyed of this, the youth causing occassional trouble in Glorairine, while Phul's family has been contended with their solitude.

As you settle for the night your choice begins to feel even better. Tsanal enchants some runes at the doors with Ken, hoping that they'd scare or fend away any intruders. After all, it's better to only have a chance of being robbed than giving your money away in daylight robbery.

Now we'll never know Mryddyn's insightful post. :(

"I'm nowhere near sure," Tsanal says, "But if it is someone, I want to question them out before handing them over to the government. If we hand them over first, we'll never find out who they are, and they may hold some important information about the cultists.

Might we not getting too ambitious? That person can cause bad dreams, so s/he's probably a very powerful magician, who can eat you for breakfast. Plus we've got other things to do in this city. By the time we check out the source of the dreams (a needle in a haystack?), s/he might already be long gone.

Now we'll never know Mryddyn's insightful post.

ooc: lol, here it is, not sure how insightful it is though:

mryddyn goes to his shared room and puts his back pack down in the corner. he moves to the centre of his bed and sits in his meditative position. quickly he tunes out of the physical world and lets his mind wonder. the meditation relaxes him and loosens his built up worry and stress from the long journey to Glorairine. he feels the dread of the dreams drain away from him and he begins to feel energised again. he has lost track of time. his mind wonders still, and he thinks about glorairine, the wonders it may hold and the secrets. his mind turns to the inn they are staying in and then to Tsanals ignorent claim that divine wards are not as effective as arcane. quitely i smile creaps up onto mryddyn's face.

he begins chanting the prayers that he knows so well in his minds voice, calling out to Cernunnous. he bends all his will and faith to the task of setting up a shield over those he knows in the inn, his perceptions and skills quickly locate his allies subconcious thoughts and emotions, to which he is now in tune with after traveling with them for so long, and he shrouds them in a protective shell of divine light, based on the energies of life and nature, the nurturing, proteting aspects of both. he fassions the light into a fabric that can shield the mind from penetration and harm and rejuvinates and heals them the same way his meditation did to his. with is final thought on the newly created ward, he falls asleep, now exhausted, but at peace with his mind and those around him.

EDIT: that ^ all happened before we went to sleep

The inn is still quite crowded, and Mryddyn can't feel the emotions of most of the people inside, but he feels that nobody has malicious feelings towards himself or his companions. The veil of the life and nature descends upon them, hopefully doing something.

You wake up in the morning. The sun is shining along with the wards, and what money you had in the evening is still left, although there's not much of it.

Mryddyn wakes feeling thoroughly refreshed after his (presumably) peaceful sleep. he gathers his few belongings together and packs his pack. he heads off to the others rooms to see if anyone else is awake yet.

Thinking: we need to find some way to make money. we wont last long with what little we have left... perhaps i could craft some items from wood and sell them in the markets, or i could sell some healing salves. perhaps i can find the herbs i need near the edge of town...

[I assume that my ward is in effect? In that case, Mryddyn will probably be burned, and I'd be awoken by the screams. If this is the case, this happens:]

Tsanal wakes up, and upon realizing what's happened, he quickly removes the wards on the doors, and runs in to look at Mryddyns bruises. After tending to him for some time, he'll go find the mage guild, where he'll look for a mage with knowledge of either shadow or air magic.

When he tries to leave the room, Tsanal's wards activate on Mryddyn, throwing him at the opposite wall of the corridor, slightly burned.

Mryddyn's burns and bruises aren't quite as bad as they could have been, but one of his own salves is very quickly used up in tending them.

After the momentary shock of being thrown across the room by tsanals ward, Mryddyn bursts out laughing:
":lol: i cannot believe i forgot about your Wards Tsanal! :lol: at least now we will all know that they certainly work!"
once he is finished wiping away the tears from laughing, he stand up and asks:
"what are going to do now? weve come to Amur, but i dont know where to go now. are we still hunting Corvanes or is there something more to this?"

I'll get us some more money. (have i sold that gold thread yet?)

(thomas, after breakfast, will wander around, asking for the heart of drifa.)

Unless someone has a better idea, I'll ask around in the city trying to find fellow Dragon Cultists. I'll look out for lizardmen for instance. Mention my uncle's name etc. Perhaps I can ask them among other things if there's an Octopus presence in this town.

Top Bottom