Boycott Question

Civic713

Chieftain
When a player is boycotted/embargoed in the world congress, what happens?

Does this mean you can't trade with them in the trade screen, such as you can't trade resources for resources? Or does it mean nobody can use caravans/cargo ships to open trade routes with that player, or both?

They can't establish trade routes with other civs and other civs can't establish routes with them. Diplomatic trading works as usual, embargo only impacts trade routes.

They can't establish trade routes with other civs and other civs can't establish routes with them. Diplomatic trading works as usual, embargo only impacts trade routes.

Thanks for the info guys! I couldn't wait the next 20 turns to see just how badly I'm going to screw my buddy when the next vote comes up!

I might also note that in my current game I couldn't care less if I got embarged; all my trades are currently with city states. (Other than an internal route for food in my capital.)

(I've periodically checked math and its now net economic negative for me to start a trade route to a major AI's city; the science leakage the AI would get is now in excess of gold; yes, I need to move up a level back towards my G&K one.)

This might change in my next game when I knock the number of city states down to 1:1 from its default 2:1 ratio.

Top Bottom