Subdued Animals in C2C discussions

Just a suggestion about errrr... "mythical myth" (Dragon, Unicorn, ...)
Can we have more of them? With some prereq like "Song - Fire" and "Song - Air" for Phoenix "Song - Reptile" for Dragon, "Song - Bull" for Minotaur (and "Song - Minotaur" req for Labyrinth of Knossos).
Early culture was all about these myth and rituals (Stories of ... building and Danse of ... building)

Just a suggestion about errrr... "mythical myth" (Dragon, Unicorn, ...)
Can we have more of them? With some prereq like "Song - Fire" and "Song - Air" for Phoenix "Song - Reptile" for Dragon, "Song - Bull" for Minotaur (and "Song - Minotaur" req for Labyrinth of Knossos).
Early culture was all about these myth and rituals (Stories of ... building and Danse of ... building)

Mostly I need detailed ideas and graphics ie buttons. I just don't seem to be able to make them.

FYI, Myth is the one you build Song is the one you get free in all cities if the Myth is supposed to be a national wonder but should not count as a national wonder;)

I have many ideas for the elemental buildings and I thought I had found a helper to bring them to fruition, but now I have to do them all my self so it is slow going as there is more important stuff to do.

forts or zoos should add a random subdued animal every few turns to keep up with the loss of wild ones.

there is a wonder that does but you should not need any with the tamer buildings.

I have many ideas for the elemental buildings and I thought I had found a helper to bring them to fruition, but now I have to do them all my self so it is slow going as there is more important stuff to do.

If you mean me by that, I'm sorry. I remember now you postet something but I didn't fonud some tags or some other stuff was unclear and then I just forgot about it. Maybe we have to discuss it further so I fully understand what buildings do you want.

I also lost some interest in Civ since you can't have a competive game up to the modern times. in most games I already won by the early medieval era...

I also lost some interest in Civ since you can't have a competive game up to the modern times. in most games I already won by the early medieval era...

I have just started playing this mod so I am interested in what you say. (Just reached Renaisonce on standard map - SEM [I am in 5th place score wise])

What settings due you use: Your difficulty level (i.e. above Noble), Map size, # civs, etc.

If you mean me by that, I'm sorry. I remember now you postet something but I didn't fonud some tags or some other stuff was unclear and then I just forgot about it. Maybe we have to discuss it further so I fully understand what buildings do you want.

map size and difficulty seems to help there. And if you're playing single player rev may as well.

More importantly, it's our job to get this mod to the point that we can get the ai to maintain a threatening presence throughout the eras. To identify WHY it doesn't and fix it.

Mind... a lot of that may be AI work BUT there's some other dynamics that may be coming into play too and figuring out what those are could help.

That sucks though... was really enjoying working with you on our projects. I most certainly have some more in mind.

I'm not saying that I quit :eek:
Sure I like to work on more stuff, that's really fun. Actuall,y modding is more fun than even playing the game, which is a problem since things aren't properly tested. It's just so that because of my lost of interest I looked for other games to play and found some old. And there is still a lot of work in the Uni to do...

But I could look for buildings that give more capture Resistance, since I think it has become to easy to capture units by now...

And if DH and I get to a point where I know what to add excactly (as Hydro did previously), I most certainly do this as well soon.

Edit: I NEVER have problems with Rev, NEVER. The AI does, so I turned it off mostly now. I already play deity with additional rules for me. And what map size makes it actually harder?

FYI, Myth is the one you build Song is the one you get free in all cities if the Myth is supposed to be a national wonder but should not count as a national wonder;)
I know
But i think nearly each myth buildable only in capital need a Song building.

And about "Elemental" myth (Air, Earth, Fire, Stone, Metal, Water, [wood?]), it can be finnier if you cant build them in the same city. So you are forced to have at leat 6 cities if you want the all

They don't since you can specify the need for a building anywhere in your nation to build another building. I use it a lot but it does not show up in the pedia correctly.

Hydro gave me 6 more elemental icons but none are wood.

That looks more look like a lion than a puma.

Ours should look like this BTW ...

Attachments

• puma.jpg
    puma.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 55
I only put animals in core and in my mod while testing.

While looking at another mod I noticed they had an animated raven and parrot. They use the hawk animations so don't quite look right. I have converted them to C2C but have two questions

1) They use the old height so are in the ground rather than above it. Who was it that changed the height for the hawk? and how?

2) Can I use the animation file from the hawk and get rid of the ones in the folders?

3) how hard is it to take the models Hydro did and connect them to the "bones" so that we animate the other flying birds?

2) Can I use the animation file from the hawk and get rid of the ones in the folders?

Tag <KFM></KFM> can lead to the hawk animations

Its my plan to remove from core units doubled KFM files and if possible redirect KFM tags to BtS animations.

I only put animals in core and in my mod while testing.

While looking at another mod I noticed they had an animated raven and parrot. They use the hawk animations so don't quite look right. I have converted them to C2C but have two questions

1) They use the old height so are in the ground rather than above it. Who was it that changed the height for the hawk? and how?

3) how hard is it to take the models Hydro did and connect them to the "bones" so that we animate the other flying birds?
1) I believe that was God Emperor. Not sure how but I think it's fairly easily done.
2/3) The program for that (I think it's blender) is perhaps the single most difficult animation program I have ever taken a look into. I don't think it's terribly HARD but there's certainly a learning curve involved that I haven't taken the time with since my focus is on coding. But it's not terribly user friendly so far as I could see. Not impossible to use but requires patience. Manipulating a somewhat suitable animation such as the Hawk's is clearly the best place to start but without fine tuning it can lead to the kind of semi-suitable yet awkward results we have on the giraffe.

We could certainly use the help of a dedicated animation modder. Anyone who applied themselves to learning the program would find it quite possible to learn but it's demanding enough that I would think that person wouldn't want to have any other goal for the mod but to assist with animation.

sleeping animals left in a resource free location can discover a resource must faster and an event with a bumper crop over a resource is started like potatoes and olives.

I am about to do a complete review of all the animals - wild, subdued and tamed. The main aim is to get the :hammers: and :food: returns from killing correctly balanced but I will be trying to get all the buildings correct as well. Just warning other modders because the Animals_CIV4UnitInfos is going to be totally redone and renamed so I need to know if you are making any changes in there. I should end up with all the animals in the file and out of the Subdued Animals module.

I am about to do a complete review of all the animals - wild, subdued and tamed. The main aim is to get the :hammers: and :food: returns from killing correctly balanced but I will be trying to get all the buildings correct as well. Just warning other modders because the Animals_CIV4UnitInfos is going to be totally redone and renamed so I need to know if you are making any changes in there. I should end up with all the animals in the file and out of the Subdued Animals module.

I hope your still going to leave it alphabetical.

Top Bottom