C2C - Units

Where do I put the art for new non-module units? I see there is a /Assets/art/units, but there's nothing there...:confused: (That's where the Art Defines say they are too - so I guess it's the right place...) Is this an FPK thang?

Or do I make my own Modules folder? I'm having trouble finding a suitable place to put my gametexts as well.

@Yudishtira

For now just put them in Modules/Units/Droids. Note "Droids" will be a new folder.

That way if there are any issues it can be easily removed. Later on we can always merge units into the core.

EDIT: For the Stealth Helicopter you could always make a separate folder since it a different type of unit than the Droids. Name it what you want.

@Yudishtira

Another one for ya ...

Clone Infantry
Graphic: Here
Icon: ?
Type: Clone/Gunpowder (and stuff)
Strength: 110
Movement: 1
Cost: 2000
Req Tech: Mainstream Cloning
Req Resource: Firearms AND Ammunition
Req Building: Cloning Laboratory
Upgrades To: Automatons

Special Abilities

• +2 :gold: Per Turn

Notes: Use Automaton as a Base

---

Thanks! :goodjob:

I don't know the only changes I made are the cost, strength, tech req, unit to upgrade to and increased maintenance cost. Other than that its basically the same as the Helicopter Gunship.

Note this is the same type of helicopter used in Bin Laden raid.

Shouldn't the strength be at least 20% less than the Apache? The Blackhawk is little more than a troop transport. Even the hypothetical (alt-timeline?:lol:) Comanche was a recon craft, and could have no external weapon mount pylons while in stealth mode.

Don't know if I can post here or if this the right spot, but unless I missed anything, nothing upgrades to Plasma Armor. Is this an oversight?

The Galleass comes at Rudder/Guilds so early-mid Medieval. It has bonuses which means that no ship up to (and including) the Frigate has a significant starting advantage over it, while it outmatches the Sloop, Fluyt, and Galleon quite handily. That's more than one era for which ships do not advance in 'firepower'. (And don't forget that the Galleass has no guns...)

How can that possibly make sense, from either the realism or the gameplay standpoint?

Obviously I know the Galleass is non-oceangoing, but that makes no difference to my point.

I suggest it should have a 20% (rather than current 50%) bonus vs. Wooden Ships. With its extra 50% vs. the Galleon and Frigate, that leaves the later ships superior (only just for the Galleon) without promos. I don't know why the Galleass should be competitive against the Sloop (and/or Corsair) and Sloop of War, but if it needs them it could have some extra bonuses against them too.

I wonder if it woulf be possible to add motorized infantry to the the units. like someone said we could borrow the skins from the invictus mod. It seems a bit of a afforsight that in the 20th century horses are still faster than the mass of infantry

ggm

I wonder if it woulf be possible to add motorized infantry to the the units. like someone said we could borrow the skins from the invictus mod. It seems a bit of a afforsight that in the 20th century horses are still faster than the mass of infantry

ggm

Yes I think about this. In modern conflicts (post WWII) even african rebels have some transport to use (toyota technicals mostly).

Movement speed is a bit messed up IMO. There is this problem with those super fast Horses with Speed and Moral Promotions that can outrun every Helicopter....

And then we have our 12 Movement Ships... I know this is because otherwise it would be "unrealistic long to cross the Atlantic", but gameplay-wise this is a really bad thing. You basically can't avoid invasions unless you have numberous ships a few tiles away from your coast.

The Galleass comes at Rudder/Guilds so early-mid Medieval. It has bonuses which means that no ship up to (and including) the Frigate has a significant starting advantage over it, while it outmatches the Sloop, Fluyt, and Galleon quite handily. That's more than one era for which ships do not advance in 'firepower'. (And don't forget that the Galleass has no guns...)

How can that possibly make sense, from either the realism or the gameplay standpoint?

Obviously I know the Galleass is non-oceangoing, but that makes no difference to my point.

I suggest it should have a 20% (rather than current 50%) bonus vs. Wooden Ships. With its extra 50% vs. the Galleon and Frigate, that leaves the later ships superior (only just for the Galleon) without promos. I don't know why the Galleass should be competitive against the Sloop (and/or Corsair) and Sloop of War, but if it needs them it could have some extra bonuses against them too.
:bump:
Is that "tacit agreement" I hear?:rolleyes:

The Galleass comes at Rudder/Guilds so early-mid Medieval. It has bonuses which means that no ship up to (and including) the Frigate has a significant starting advantage over it, while it outmatches the Sloop, Fluyt, and Galleon quite handily....
Because it can not traverse Ocean tiles, only stay by the coast. All those you mention can go over ocean and this means the Galleass foregoes the necessary equipment needed for ocean going vessels and concentrates on pure fighting power. It might not come with guns when teh tech first comes but I'm betting that once the others can be built and cannons become available the Galleass is equipped with them too, thus making it an ideal ship for coastal fights but worthless for sending towards the enemy across the oceans.

Not saying this is how it should be but it's how I look at it from how it works now and figuring out a logical reason.

Cheers

Movement speed is a bit messed up IMO. There is this problem with those super fast Horses with Speed and Moral Promotions that can outrun every Helicopter....

And then we have our 12 Movement Ships... I know this is because otherwise it would be "unrealistic long to cross the Atlantic", but gameplay-wise this is a really bad thing. You basically can't avoid invasions unless you have numberous ships a few tiles away from your coast.

When you enter a new era - Industrial/Modern for example - is it possible to downgrade certain units. That is give all existing units of a particular type (and new ones that can still be built) a new automatic "Negative promotion". i.e. Movement range -3 etc. So units like horse attack units, which were found to be useless in the early part of WW1 are downgraded.

Same with ships, when metal ships are available existing wooden ones get an automatic -4 movement range.

Obviously checking that they can move at least one tile.

When you enter a new era - Industrial/Modern for example - is it possible to downgrade certain units. That is give all existing units of a particular type (and new ones that can still be built) a new automatic "Negative promotion". i.e. Movement range -3 etc. So units like horse attack units, which were found to be useless in the early part of WW1 are downgraded.

Same with ships, when metal ships are available existing wooden ones get an automatic -4 movement range.

Obviously checking that they can move at least one tile.

Not without doing something tricksy - possibly a new set of tags could be developed or a mathematical process. It COULD be justifiable in that a turn time is much less time later in the game and perhaps it could/should be linked to that progression somehow. I'm not sure how I feel about the subject at the moment.

I think that modern units like superhumans and exosceletons infantry should be faster than traditional infantry, because of biology and mechanics. I still think that motorized and mechanised infantry would be a necessary intermediary unit.

ggm

@Yudishtira

If you around I have a new one for you.

Shockwave APC
Graphic: Here
Type: Wheeled (and stuff)
Strength: 140
Movement: 3
Cost: 5200
Req Tech: Internal Shockwave Engine
Req Resource: Automobiles AND Shockwave Engine
Req Building: -
Upgrades To: -

Special Abilities

• -50% Jungle Attack
  • -25% Forest Attack
  • Can Preform Ranged Attacks
  • Ranged Bombard Accuracy +20%
  • Ranged Bombard Damage +25%
  • Ranged Bombard Damage Limit +25%
  • Aircraft Interception +30%
  • Cargo Space 5 (Carries Troops)
  • Starts with March, Amphibious
  • +4 :gold: Per Turn

Notes: Use Hi-Tech APC as a Base

---

@Yudishtira

And another ...

Unmanned Trike
Graphic: Trike (Dune Wars)
Type: Recon/Wheeled/Explorer (and stuff)
Strength: 110
Movement: 4
Cost: 3000
Req Tech: Military Robotics
Req Resource: Tires AND (Oil Products OR Biofuel)
Req Building: -
Upgrades To: -

Special Abilities

• Can Withdraw from Combat (45%)
  • Ignores Terrain Movement
  • Can Only Defend
  • Stats with Sentry, Woodsman I, Guerrilla I
  • +1 :gold: Per Turn

Notes: Use Motorcycle as a Base

---

Top Bottom