Job advertisements (mainly for beginners)

The problem is it is almost too trivial.

Static Wonder Movies - also for Natural Wonders and Heroes
1) use the RADTools to convert your JPEG image into BINK format. The file name should contain no spaces and be unique for the wonder. We had a problem for awhile because one modder called the Wall Street movie WALLS.bnk which was also the name of the movie for walls and Hadrian's Wall.

2) Place the movie in the correct folder
  • art/movies/wonders for wonder movies
  • art/movies/Natural Wonders for the natural wonders
  • art/movies/heroes for the heroes - this has not been fully implemented at the time this was written.

3) Find the building XML in one of the building file and edit the movie tag (MovieDefineTag) to contain the link name ART_DEF_MOVIE_building name eg ART_DEF_MOVIE_FORBIDDEN_PALACE. Or request the owner of the building to do it.

4) edit the file zMovieFix_CIV4ArtDefines_Movie in Modules/zMovieFix and add your movie. I usually copy the last one then edit the copy with the right details.

Ok, I'll try to keep as much as possible of these possible tasks in my memory while playing.

Moderator Action: Reisk@ and Faustmouse: I've deleted a handful of posts written this morning. This is meant to be a thread where people respond to a request for help. Please keep it civil: any further responses on the matter from anyone will lead to action being taken.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I just felt like I should do something here. I can do the Spanish translation very easily. I already know where the files are. Just one question: where do I upload them?

I just felt like I should do something here. I can do the Spanish translation very easily. I already know where the files are. Just one question: where do I upload them?

It is REALLY cool how many new people step up in such a short time :goodjob:

You can zip the files and upload them here. Who was it normally that merged them in?

I will provide links in the first post.

I usually merge the translations in. There are threads for the translations that is where they should be uploaded. I don't think there is a thread for Spanish.

I would like to help with historical issues. I study politics and history if you need references. If you want i could check buildings techs and civics.

I would like to help with historical issues. I study politics and history if you need references. If you want i could check buildings techs and civics.

sure that would be cool :goodjob:

please post them here.

9) Adding Tourism Property to Wonders

Skills required: basically none, only a bit XML that can be learned in less then a minute.

Why? We'd like to expand the property system, this would be the first step towards tourism.

Discription: The tourism property would add more towards a peaceful gameplay, which is heavily war-encouraging at the moment. Your job would it be to implent the trouism property to all wonders that provide culture. This sounds harder then it is. It is just copy and paste and then adjust the number in the >< correctly. It should be equals the culture a building gives (if interested, post here or PM me or Hydro).

FYI, I assigned this to climat and he has been working on it. We have been having PMs to each other discussing it since its not as clear cut as one would think.

Note he is doing it in a modular style so there may be hope for it being an optional setting. :goodjob:

Hi, I could work with #6 scenarios or if that one is full maybe #5 checking for historic/scientific inaccurace or #10 implementing electricity.

For scenarios i was thinking about scenarios that can come up just for one civic or several matching civics. Like different requests from factions within your civ or rivality between diffrent factions. Got some ideas. I´ve seen a long list of scenarios that allready is implemented, i think. But like you said everybody like scenarios so maybe there is no limit how many the game can have :)

Hi, I could work with #6 scenarios or if that one is full maybe #5 checking for historic/scientific inaccurace or #10 implementing electricity.

For scenarios i was thinking about scenarios that can come up just for one civic or several matching civics. Like different requests from factions within your civ or rivality between diffrent factions. Got some ideas. I´ve seen a long list of scenarios that allready is implemented, i think. But like you said everybody like scenarios so maybe there is no limit how many the game can have :)

I don't think scenarios can be "fully" :crazyeye: In fact, more people working on them is highly appreciated :goodjob: Very cool you give it a try! Let us now if there are any problems.

Draz:
I'm guessing only non-copyrighted images are eligible for these, or?

I think since we are non commercial, we can use everything. At least we have icons from AoE III, AoE II, some Anno games etc.

I am not sure whether this is the right place to put it, but here we go.

I have a lot of extra time here in the summer holidays, so I thought I might be able to help a bit with this awesome mod. Basically I am a computer science student, and have quite decent experiance with a multitude of programming langauges, including c, c++, and python. I can do several quite non-trivial programming tasks, and previous projects includes GPU based 3d graphix basic engine building (Up to Bezier-surfaces with Phong shading, using nested coordinate systems - very close to things like tesselation, all based on shaders), and highly concurrent basic http server (able to potentially service several hundres users at a time, but only in basic formats, with csp based concurrentcy). It should be mentioned that I ofcause also know how general XML work, and have done simpler ballance/text modding for myself on both civ 4,5 and a tons of other games over many years.

I hope there is some tasks you could use my help for beyond the basic tasks described here.

Note that I knowledge in quite few more fields, but it would be too much to put here, and that I have not yet spend much time exploring the actual structure of your mod, considering large parts of it is binary format.

I am not sure whether this is the right place to put it, but here we go.

I have a lot of extra time here in the summer holidays, so I thought I might be able to help a bit with this awesome mod. Basically I am a computer science student, and have quite decent experiance with a multitude of programming langauges, including c, c++, and python. I can do several quite non-trivial programming tasks, and previous projects includes GPU based 3d graphix basic engine building (Up to Bezier-surfaces with Phong shading, using nested coordinate systems - very close to things like tesselation, all based on shaders), and highly concurrent basic http server (able to potentially service several hundres users at a time, but only in basic formats, with csp based concurrentcy). It should be mentioned that I ofcause also know how general XML work, and have done simpler ballance/text modding for myself on both civ 4,5 and a tons of other games over many years.

I hope there is some tasks you could use my help for beyond the basic tasks described here.

Note that I knowledge in quite few more fields, but it would be too much to put here, and that I have not yet spend much time exploring the actual structure of your mod, considering large parts of it is binary format.

Welcome to CFC and C2C.

If you want to work on some python then there is lots to do. You need version 2.4 or 2.5 to be compatible with Civ 4 BtS.

My current python instalation is in 2.7.x, so it should not be too far ahead, and I suppose I mainly have to ensure that I use modules/features compatable with those older versions. If it gets necessary, I suppose I could downgrade the installation, though I would have to upgrade it back later for my other uses.

So what kind of work with python do you need done? I will need a wee bit more details to actually start coding anything.

We need to get the Adviser screens updated by merging in features from Platyping's work. The Foreign Adviser needs the work soonest. I got partway through converting it. Our version is in the Python/Screens folder. You will need to download Platyping's from here

Eh, all you need is notepad to edit python for civ.
But the codes work according to python 2.X indeed.

Top Bottom