Map Resources Ideas and Discussion

it would not make sense for the Stone Worker's Hut to give Flint because its getting a bonus from having it. Since Flint is a non-critical resource it was made into a bonus building.

This is the problem.
Flint have to be a ressource as critical as Stone in Prehistoric Era. And nearly useless after except for Lighter Factory.
You cant have a good edge with Stone, you need Flint for this.

it would not make sense for the Stone Worker's Hut to give Flint because its getting a bonus from having it. Since Flint is a non-critical resource it was made into a bonus building.

Lumen is right Hydro. It's very difficult to obtain a proper edge with Stone alone...

And, he suggested adding Flint as a resource produced by the Stone Tool Maker's Hut building, not the Stone Worker's Hut...

I suggest something different, though. Since we already have the "Flint Knapper's Hut" building (which currently gives a 15% bonus to the production of several military units until it goes obsolete- and I've never considered particularly worth building), why not make *THAT* building produce the Flint Resource? With a little shifting around of the buildings prerequisites so that it becomes available with Hard Hammer Percussion, we could even make it a prerequisite for the Stone Tool Maker- thus slowing down progress a little in the Prehistoric Era (which quite a few players have already pointed out tends to occur far too rapidly...)

We could also make Flint a NECESSARY resource to build many of the Stone Age units- such as "Stone Spearmen" and "Stone Axemen", thus making these units a little more difficult to obtain and giving units like Wood Spearmen and Clubmen a slightly longer lifespan...

Regards,
Northstar

The Stone resource represents all the different stone types used in building except the decorative ones which are represented by marble. Changing it to Limestone would not work in my opinion.

The Great Wall(s) of China were built of local material; so in the far west it is built from sand and rushes, elsewhere it is packed earth, brick or cut stone; whatever was at hand.

Maybe just make the building that gives a flint resource only require rocky terrain in the CV, or something similar but not too hard to achieve.

Top Bottom