C2C SVN Changelog

Can't you stick to "basic" bts civs?

No pre-columbian ones in North America (except Sioux - they need a rival), and non in the Amazon region or Pacific.

I can easily do the changes for myself, that is not the problem.

I just do not see the point of posting a C2C map scenario (that I wanted to share)that involves a lot of extra effort for the people who download it.

No pre-columbian ones in North America (except Sioux - they need a rival), and non in the Amazon region or Pacific.

I can easily do the changes for myself, that is not the problem.

I just do not see the point of posting a C2C map scenario (that I wanted to share)that involves a lot of extra effort for the people who download it.

[offtopic]thats an easy fix, just do what TB suggested, include the "folders" ALONG with the map.
All you need to do is have the Custom Civ folder included, that isnt that hard to do, or am i missing something here??
Just do what i said in my modmod civs and say you are not responsible for the civs that are there, you just are more concerned about the map, or something like that, i am not that good with words. . . .
Also you know you CAN make "fake" names/civs and LH on map scenarios right??

Make sure you set it up with the extra folders also, ie starting with the main one Caveman2Cosmos for an override of what is there.
Anyways this should NOT be in this thread.

EDIT: Come to think of it, you might be better of doing the "fake" stuff, because almost all the relevant info is contained in other folders in C2C already, you just need to change the locations of all to reflect those changes, no biggy .

I thought that, but would most players want to have to copy all the relevant files into the correct folders? Every time they updated the game!

This will also effect the more popular GEM scenario.

I thought this change in the custom civs loading xml file:

<Module>
<Directory>Ainu</Directory>
<bLoad>0</bLoad>
</Module>

would be sufficient.

My tests showed a saving. Did removing the reference in the xml file and deleting the civs folders show a bigger saving?
When updating an SVN you won't overwrite any changes you've made in your file set so there wouldn't be a problem with this... it might make it frustrating for modders who have to take care not to commit the differences in their filesets TO the SVN but shouldn't be a problem for players. One upload of your modmod (with map and civ files) and they're set. Really just include the civ folders in the directory they're in now.

Usually what a mod modder will do is generate a whole file path shell so that all the downloader must do is drop the caveman2cosmos file into the mods folder and it'll just go ahead and add in whatever is in your modmod caveman2cosmos file into all the proper folders in the architecture within. Make sense? They'd just need to overwrite the custom civs loading mlf that you would include with the proper settings.

7283 updates

- Improve the Bonus pedia pages.
-- Buildings that provide more than one type of resource are not showing up as sources for their second and subsequent bonus.
-- Effect list is not showing commerce changes, or unhealthy from buildings.

- Minor change to Routes pedia page.

- new set of skins for german, holy roman and goth civilizations

7285 updates

- Bonus pedia now shows buildings as source for the second and subsequent bonuses they provide.
- Fix Aboria map problem
- Fix BarbarianCiv technology problem (I hope).

- new set of skins for german, holy roman and goth civilizations

@Sparth

You need to do am update before you commit, i submitted a commit back in 7280 and now the commit was overriden, now i have to re-do it again, PLS.

7287 re-doing this, it was overridden, i hope by mistake. (apache artstyle to Meso light swordsman.

7276 changed maps to reflect current changes to map sizes

This does not seem to have worked and it introduced a couple of Python syntax errors.

It looks like we can comment out all of those parts where the map size is set because it is getting the information from somewhere else. I'll see if I can track down where it is getting the sizes from, but not tonight.

Updates (SVN#7289/7290)
  • Bugfix for an AI hang

NOPE that isn't it, now it takes even LONGER:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I believe you need to go back to the dll that was fine(7198), aloooong time ago and take OUT whatever you added and test it more before committing it back

Before it took 20-30 seconds in Classical Era, after your change before it took 2-3 minutes, NOW its takes even longer around 5 minutes PER turn.

The bug had the potential to cause some delays. Nothing about the fix would cause it to take MORE time. There is one portion that could be causing a significant difference but I'm still not having these huge delay problems you're reporting. Still... I plan to go in and comment those out and see if it can make any real difference to you. Even though the suspected slowing down code is a debug and a fix for another problem, I suspect its causing more processing time. Sometimes when things are working right they take longer because they ARE working right.

Anyhow, don't stress it... I'll be working with Koshling to profile things once he starts to show me how.

But yeah, looking at 7198:
[*]Building upgrades count as the upgraded building for purposes of unit and #of buildings in nation to qualify prereqs.

This is what I was suspecting. I can easily comment this portion out but it means we'll need to start being more clean with our xml. If a building upgrades and it counts as a prerequisite for other buildings then we'll need to make the building that is looking to that as a prerequisite consider any of it's upgrades potentially capable of filling in as the prereq. Otherwise it's REALLY annoying that you lose access to buildings just because you upgraded one. Or that you lose access to a wonder that requires x# of a building type like Markets but since you've upgraded your markets you can't build that wonder any more... it's NOT cool and is a problem in numerous places around the mod.

But this fix probably does ask too many questions and then gets run far too many times as it is by AI evaluators. This is the kind of thing we suffer for having such a thorough AI evaluating mechanism that really looks at ALL possibilities before making decisions rather than looking at far more simple immediate strategies. Makes it more intelligent (maybe) but really messes up our abilities to keep things well streamlined while trying to repair other problems like this particular one.

Anyhow... I'll go in and fix those - it'll be my next project.

EDIT: To clarify: a Hang bug is when the AI gets stuck in an infinite loop and CAN'T proceed past it at all so you're stuck indefinitely. The fix on this last commit did free those situations up on the saves that were stuck.

Sometimes when things are working right they take longer because they ARE working right.

But turn times were JUST getting playable back then

Anyhow... I'll go in and fix those - it'll be my next project.

And how long will this project take (approx)??

EDIT: To clarify: a Hang bug is when the AI gets stuck in an infinite loop and CAN'T proceed past it at all so you're stuck indefinitely. The fix on this last commit did free those situations up on the saves that were stuck.

On the edit: That is a good thing.

I MIGHT be able to get it done tonight but if not, tomorrow... I've got some sick pets to deal with tonight. And last night I simply couldn't commit due to the internet connection going rotten so that could be an issue of delay too. AT LEAST by mid weekend. Won't take long since the SVN saves the old coding. It's just very frustrating to re-introduce an old problem thanks to the fix introducing a new one y'know?

The bug had the potential to cause some delays. Nothing about the fix would cause it to take MORE time.

But yeah, looking at 7198:
[*]Building upgrades count as the upgraded building for purposes of unit and #of buildings in nation to qualify prereqs.

I think you mis-read what i posted. the one SVN commit 7198 was the GOOD commit, and the one AFTER that was the one that caused the problems.

LAST
WARNING

I will be deleting MORE Custom Civs from the Custom Civilization module section/folder. So only like 2 are left. So beware, if you have games with these Civs or leaders in your current game it WILL NOT work after i do this, so keep a copy if you still want to play your current game. Mainly because the dll is messed up now.

Top Bottom